Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The All Mighty Pursuit of Stickers

+3 HS
BlackKeys's picture
July 11, 2017 at 12:18am
138 Comments

I recently posted on the Adolphous Washington arrest story that I don't particularly care about a former Buckeye who gets in trouble once they leave for the NFL, and a fellow poster responded when I asked if it made me a bad guy to have that opinion. The response I got was that it didn't make me a bad guy.....but I was going to lose helmet stickers for putting it out there. Sure enough, it came to fruition and my comment slowly faded into grey death. I am no stranger to the grey death and bring it upon myself with comments such as voting for a fall out boy song to replace Seven Nation Army and my personal favorite, where in a drunken rage I warned all high school athletes to steer clear of Ohio State after the double overtime victory in Happy Valley during the lead up to our National Championship because our coaches had no idea how to utilize the talent on the team. Still embarrassed....

However shitty and Ill thought out my posts have been at times, I never really stop and think about what my helmet sticker count will be after I post something. Its my opinion, and they are really REALLY stupid sometimes. But whatever.

I was wondering though, what percentage of the posters on here water down the opinion they have for fear of losing these "digital pats on the back"? How many of you are guilty of sacrificing your true opinion to keep from being unpopular among the other 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 138 Comments