Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Did NFL Refs try to "F" the Pats? Wells Report Reveals Shocking Allegation

0 HS
Buckeye Jack's picture
May 6, 2015 at 7:36pm
42 Comments

A troubling revelation in the Wells report suggests that an NFL game-day official may have over-inflated the game balls to 16 p.s.i. This would be in direct violation of the NFL rules. Balls over-inflated to 16 p.s.i. would be difficult for Tom Brady to properly grip, particularly in colder weather conditions. Such over-inflation could have had interfered with the Patriots' ability to play the game to their full capabilities.

The following exchange (included in the Wells report) between Patriots locker room attendants  Jim McNally and John Jastremski, clearly alleges that the NFL game officials had violated NFL rule by over-inflateding the Patriots footballs. 

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f----- balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs f----- us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: F--- tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

So did the Patriot staff merely attempt to deflate the balls to meet NFL rules? To undo the violation of the NFL official? Seems more probable than not.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments