Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Retro TV Favorites

0 HS
southbay's picture
March 22, 2015 at 5:49pm
99 Comments

Now that The Mentalist is gone, I'm not a big fan of any currently running series, although I'm starting to get into Better Call Saul.

Lately on my DVR I've been catching some episodes of a show from the mid-60s called Run for Your Life.  The late Ben Gazzara starred as the dashing Paul Bryan, a successful attorney, race car driver and ex-fighter pilot.  Upon being told he has a rare terminal illness, he says "I don't have a family, and I haven't had a day off since law school.  Guess I'll have to squeeze thirty years of living into one, or two."  He then sets off to travel the world, and stumbles into one adventure after another.

As the title suggests, he has a sense of urgency, knowing that every day is precious.  And yet he spends pretty much all of his time helping other people.  It's a great premise and is well executed from the same producer as the original Fugitive series.

A lot of shows from that era aren't very entertaining these days, but this one still works after fifty years.  Anyone else have any obscure favorites from long ago?

With apologies if there has already been a  discussion on this specifically.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 99 Comments