Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Forum topics on main page

sharks's picture
February 7, 2014 at 12:04pm
11 Comments

Have only seen the mobile site so far, but I see that recent forum posts no longer appear on the main page. I'll bet this directs more comments to the main articles, but I wonder if it'll be at the expense of the forums. One of the things I hate about mgoblog is that little actual content is on the homepage, such that every post that is there gets tons of comments. Very few topics are worth scrolling through 100+ comments to add a thought.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I think this has been said in a few other places today, but on Mobile, all the old sidebar content is at the bottom.  For the full site, there is a "recent posts" sidebar that is similar to the old one, but there are other ways to get to forum content that are new as well.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Oh, I see it now. Thanks

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Jack_Q_Football's picture

anyone else notice that when you click on "Leaderboard" nothing happens

JYBUCKEYE's picture

Jason posted in another forum that he had to import the leaderboard yet. It was one of the things he forgot. 

GoBucksOSU's picture

I would just like to know why we can't see the up votes and down votes on our own comments like in the previous design.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

You won't see anything until somebody votes on your comment, and then you will only see what the total is.  So if you got 3 UV and 1 DV it would show 2.  You should see a +1 now because I gave you a vote.

R.I.P. Otsego

+2 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

Thanks Oyster. I see what you mean.

Killer nuts's picture

I enjoy that we only see the "net" up/down vote total on our own posts. Should stop bickering over a couple downvotes and it was always a little hurtful to see a couple downvotes come in on a mostly upvoted comment, now you'll never know. Ignorance is bliss

+4 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

You can -- it's just that if your score is zero, it displays nothing.  If your score is non-zero, it will show something like "+2 HS" in green.  Not sure what negatives look like yet :)

+1 HS
droessl's picture

I really REALLY wanted to DV this post just so you could find out. But it's Friday, BUCKSFAN changed his icon, and I've got cold beer in my future. That, and #karma. 

+1 HS
sharks's picture

OK I'm coming around on the new site. I like the little arrow at the bottom to zip to the top, but would like to see one on top to zip down.

Also, are those articles w pics up at the top (like the Glenville piece) supposed to be swipable?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...