Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Site Bugtracker

Jason Priestas's picture
February 7, 2014 at 4:32am
292 Comments

Eleven Warriors has a new look and tech stack today! That's great, but there will surely be bugs. If you find one, please report it here. Try to include as much information as possible:

• How do we reproduce?
  • What device/browser are you using?

Thanks!

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

First thing I notice is that the top banner bar is quite wide & cuts off the top of the main page. In the below screen cap it is scrolled to the top.

i686, Debian (3.2.0.4), Iceweasel 20

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Thanks. What resolution is that? Do you have it handy?

Thanks. What resolution is that? Do you have it handy?

Jason Priestas's picture

Strange. Just tested iPad landscape, which is 1024 and the search box fits into the bar. We'll have a look.

Also, lol at posting a screenshot of the dimensions. Be sure to view page source for a surprise.

ColoradoBuck's picture

The page source is officially my favorite part of the new site.

+4 HS

LOL Nice! Whose work was that?

I put up the screencap because I found "have it handy?" amusing. When is opening a terminal not handy?

+3 HS
rdubs's picture

I am having the opposite problem where there is a large gap at the top of the page between the black bar at the top and the rest of the content.  Chrome on Windows 7.

Jason Priestas's picture

Are you running ad-blocker? If so, shame on you (and that's why you see a gap).

rdubs's picture

Haha it is at work and they might run that stuff automatically.  I'll check again when I get home...

Sin City Buckeye's picture

I noticed on the post by Gray Box in the Ohio State football forum, there is no way to upvote or downvote the O.P. Is that by design or just an omission?

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Yes, by design. 

InTressITrust's picture

I am curious what the logic is behind this.  Could you not just make a bunch of blog/forum topics of nothingness just to gather helmet stickers?

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Workaround: Just leave a comment and let people upvote you there. 

LEBRON

Bucks's picture

Loving the new site. Looks incredible on my desktop. On my G2, the display is cut in half and won't let me zoom out to display the full page.

Edit: Also have no format bar to insert my screen capture. Will send it over to my desktop and add from there.

Jason Priestas's picture

Weird. Landscape or portrait? Or both?

Bucks's picture

Both to differing degrees. On landscape, I get more on the display but the buckshots/voting/forum is cut off. Can zoom in but cannot zoom out or scroll over to see. Going to try another browser to eliminate that part.

Had to send the pic to you direct, couldn't get the upload to function on here.

Jason Priestas's picture

On mobile devices, the sidebar stuff is moved to the bottom of the page. Please check there.

Bucks's picture

Yep, found that. Thank you. Anything I'm missing to get the above format/font/insert picture bar to show on my mobile commenting?

Jason Priestas's picture

Unfortunately, the editor does not work on Android at this time. I know they're working on a fix.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

No bugs to report from me, looked all around... nothing seems to be missing, or cut off as some people have reported.  I'm using firefox.  Looks great, thanks again staff.

+1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

I can't access the Leaderboard to see Buckeyesvstheworld on top. Was that being carried over to the new site?

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+2 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

We'll have to import. Forgot that one.

MN Buckeye's picture

That's ok, no one will care.

+10 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Nope, Buckeyevstheworld will not care if Hove steals his stickers again while the leaderboard is down and no one can notice.

+4 HS
Oyster's picture

My bet is that Hove actually hid the leaderboard so it wouldn't get migrated.

+4 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

I'm on an iPhone and can't find forums and buckshots on the side. I found forums on the drop down. 

Edit: found em at the bottom

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

TMac's picture

Looks Great!!  Not a bug really, but are you going to be able to "pin" forum topics as you had. For instance the current years offers/commits topic is nice to have handy.

Are you eliminating UP/DV for Poll Question comments?  (Could be that you just can't see an UV/DV option on your own comments as mine is the only comment presently.  

Jason Priestas's picture

Correct. You wont' see anything on your own comments until they've been voted up or down away from zero. Even then, you'll only see the score.

Run_Fido_Run's picture

I didn't see any scores for my comments, so I went back and looked at some old ones that I knew had votes and still no score displayed - will the scores only show up for comments made since the switchover or something?

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah I don't think they carried over... You keep the helmet stickers in your total, but they don't show up on the old comments.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Thanks! You should now see a score for your above response because I am about to UV it.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Ha right back at ya

Jason Priestas's picture

Correct. Your helmet sticker total carried over, but we didn't import the votes per comment.

TNbuckeye91's picture

uhhhh, somehow you left like 2000 of my helmet stickers on the other website. Would you mind reimbursing me?

+1 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Dangit, Jason! Now I need to create a second account to view my HS votes for this account.

This is going to get sooooo confusing for me.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

rjsmitty's picture

Can you change the format of the screen? The pics on the articles take up my entire screen width wise and everything is in one row. Also, my 11 Warriors at the top is cut off after the "O"

+2 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

What kind of phone? What mode – landscape or portrait?

rjsmitty's picture

It's not a phone Jason. It's my desk top.

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I'm having the same issue on my PC

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Additionally, I see other people commenting about things on the right side of the screen (buckshots, etc) and I have nothing over there...

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

EDIT: I think this is an intenet explorer issue, site looks much better in Firefox

+1 HS
dr green's picture

I had the same issues with IE at work. Looks great at home with Chrome.

FitzBuck's picture

Sorry I just found this thread.  I'm connected to the wifi at my house but scrolling on my iPhone is taking forever.  (The site really does look great)

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+5 HS
kgab11's picture

I seem to have the same problem with the scrolling. It's like it gets stuck when you swipe instead of a smooth scroll. 

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Having the same issue. I'm using my iPhone with chrome FYI. I can scroll if I literally press and hold, but if I want to flick and scroll quickly it doesn't seem to want to do that. 

Sauce Bauss's picture

I have the same scrolling problem with my IPhone 5. The scrolling is smooth on the homepage but when you get to the forums and posts the scrolling is choppy and slow. 

NW Buckeye's picture

Scrolling on Safari on both my iphone and ipad locks up or slows with any graphic. Chrome  seems better, but not smooth.  

NW Buckeye's picture

Jumped over to my laptop to complete my post.  As I said, I was having trouble on my iphone.  Safari is locking when I scroll through and your graphics appear.  Today's skull session is a good example.  The graphics seem to be loading in full mode, causing Safari to slow down or just freeze.  I have an iphone 5 with the latest operating system update.  Also doing so on my ipad - a original version with the software upgraded as far as it will go.  Switching over to Chrome, the problem is eased a bit, but the graphics are really slowing down the display. 

You seem to be relying on the device/browser to resize your graphics, but they are still coming through large enough to cause problems.  The skull session logo caused both devices to crash when it was displayed in Safari.  Chrome continued to function, but the scrolling was severely impacted. 

Doc's picture

The scrolling on my iPad is very bad as well.  I just realized that it will scroll very easily in the articles, but once I hit the comments is when it gets very choppy. The more comments in a thread the worse it gets. I am also having problems getting the reply arrow to work. I have to pound on it for it to work

the site looks wonderful. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out quickly

"Say my name."

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

As people above have stated, it's very difficult to scroll on an IPad. I'm using Safari & the lasted Apple OS. Going over comments is particularly tough as it will barely move & locks up often. 

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

brandonbauer87's picture

Now that this thread has so many more comments, I can't scroll at all. The only way I could even post was to go Fitz's account and go directly to his comment. Before it was just laggy, now it acts like I'm touching and holding when I swipe. Every touch highlights a section. 

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

On my Droid4 using the default browser, the scrolling is always smooth (other than the titlebar being choppy as I scroll).  However, once a thread reaches a certain amount of comments (or GIFs), the browser just quits on me.  It used to do that from time to time on the bigger threads on the old site, but it seems like it happens much quicker on the new.  Overall, though, the mobile experience is much better, as I don't have to zoom in to be able to read anything, and I can keep the phone in portrait instead of being forced into landscape just to be able to read.  Less eyestrain on mobile as well.

hodge's picture

Same problem here.  In addition, pressing the top of the Safari browser on my iPhone 5S doesn't bring me back to the top of the page, which runs contrary to its usual behavior.

AndyVance's picture

You just hit on my two biggest problems with the new design. The top-tap feature not working is pushing me to consider running Chrome as my browser (I had used Chrome on my MacBook, but switched back to Firefox last year because Chrome was feeling a little buggy).

FitzBuck's picture

Something I just noticed I can scroll normal on the black area on the left of the screen but not over comments.  If I hit the navagation button in the top left and leave it open to scroll down is what I meant)

Another - if you try to change part of a post you can't jump to the middle of a comment.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

Testing uploading a gif

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+12 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Up your ass, Bert. 

Testing a typical comment. 

+13 HS
FitzBuck's picture

+10 HS
Doc's picture

My scroll on my iPad is awful.  Very choppy and it locks up

"Say my name."

+2 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Under the polls , you can't see the comment count for new and old post. It just says comment.  Not sure if this was done by design or not. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+2 HS

The destination for the 'Leaderboard' link in the profile page appears to direct back to the anchor.

Jason Priestas's picture

Yep. Forgot to bring that over. Will do so soon because I hear some people really like checking it.

Buckeye in a Bobcat world's picture

Not sure if it's a bug but I can't click on my profile on the left bar after signing in. Using iPhone 5. 

+3 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

That's a bug. Thanks for reporting.

BuckToAsT's picture

Italics aren't showing on my iPhone on posted content.  They do show in the editor box when typing.  

Also, I'm having issues with posting comments.  If I try to backtrack or modify what I already wrote, the editor will stop registering the letters I'm typing on my keyboard.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

This is a big problem...

You gotta make sure that people know you are being sarcastic.

+5 HS
Oyster's picture

He could use the sarcasm dots instead.

+5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I knew you would make an appearance on this subject Oyster... (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)

+2 HS
Earle's picture

AAAARGH!!!

Just say no to italics abuse.

+4 HS
Alpo's picture

Having the same problem with editing

CALPOPPY's picture

I have had this on both the old and new site from iPhone and iPad.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

BuckToAsT's picture

Staff:

Any word on this editing issue? I primarily access this site on my phone or ipad, but the issue is so severe for me that I haven't even bothered posting much lately. 

If I scroll up or down on the screen when I'm typing words, or if go back to edit an earlier portion of my post, the keyboard stops registering (other than the delete/backspace).

I only began experiencing this problem when the new site launched, though I see others may have had this problem with the old site. 

Thanks! 

CALPOPPY's picture

While not ideal, the only way I've remedied the situation is to close the keyboard and reopen the keyboard and choose the typing spot again...sometimes a couple/few of times. It beats having to retype the entire comment.

Funny part is that you can always delete. You just can't type anything new.

But I had this problem on the old site and thought it was just me. I never reported to the site (which now realize I should have).

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

BuckeyeRick's picture

Any way to expand the recent posts section on the bottom right to show more than 5? Only having 5 posts kinda makes that useless on a busy day.

+1 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

Oh hey. The number of posts in the recent posts section is growing. Perhaps there were only 5 total posts in the forums when I looked at it, which is why it only displayed the 5.

+4 HS
Mizzillion's picture

I am using IE 11 and I can't post pics unless I put the site on the Compatability View List.  When I do that, however, the home page display becomes huge and banners are cut off.  I guess I can put the site on the CVL when I want to post a pic and switch back after, but that would be a pain. 

+1 HS
swobuckeye's picture

^^this - works great in Firefox, but IE11 is having problems sizing the content correctly.

+1 HS
buckz4evr's picture

Hit CTRL+-.  That should decrease the size.  You can do that as many times as you want.  I noticed at one point it was magnified at 125% 

+1 HS
Mizzillion's picture

I tried CTRL+- but it didn't help.  Everything was still cut off, only smaller (when the site is on the Compatibility View List). When I remove the site from the CVL, it's fine.  Except, of course, the fact that I cannot post links, pics or embedded media wthout the site being in the CVL. Vicious cycle.

BuckeyeRick's picture

The links from today's skull session are overlapping the text on Google Chrome. I'd post a screenshot if I can figure out how to now.

+2 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

I refreshed the skull session and it's no longer overlapping.

buckguy10's picture

I had the same issue on Google Chrome. Refreshing fixed it though. Also in the comments, the font changes every once in a while. Some of the comments will be the same font then it will get larger and darker for later comments. Again, once I refreshed, the issue went away. 

Oyster's picture

The ad for the Asian Dating site is still there, so that's obviously working fine, no bugs there.  Just thought you would like to know.

+11 HS
HighBallAce's picture

Hey yeah, can we find a way to bring back the hot blonde from the t-shirt adds? Maybe make her one of those dancing memory hogs that come across the bottom of your screen?

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

The signature at the bottom of your post is awesome, btw.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
HighBallAce's picture

Thanks man! I had it on there forever but the old format wouldn't let it show for some reason

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

There was a feature that you had to click to enable html in your footer.  It wouldn't work without that checkbox, but I don't know if it would work with it.

Edit: Apparently, you can edit your comments that have been replied to now.  That must go with being able to change your vote.

HighBallAce's picture

Yeah I clicked it and for some reason it wouldn't work. Oh well, works now!

Bucksfan's picture

When posting an image using Firefox, the "OK" button graphics are a little screwy.

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

When I logged on this morning my profile picture reverted back to my old one, as well as none of my helmet stickers are there? And not sure if it's my work wifi, but typing this message is super laggy. 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

HighBallAce's picture

It put my Ohio State scroll bar at the bottom which is awesome. Thank you for that! I do have one problem though, it seems to long me out pretty soon if I'm idle. Is there a way to make it so I stay logged in? I don't see it on there

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

A couple issues:

When clicking on "Football" at the top, on a laptop, it looks like the descending order by date is not followed completely.  The top article is the OSU defacing of the Clemson statue, posted December 16th.  In addition, you would expect the top three on that page to match the three that appear when you hover over "FOOTBALL" but this isn't the case.  Basketball and Recruiting seem to work ok.

On my phone, in portrait orientation (it's a DROID4 using the default browser), the top bar scrolling is choppy...  as I scroll it jumps around, but once I stop it ends up on top correctly.  This seems to be more of a problem on content pages, like this morning's skull session.  The main site page did not have this issue.  I also noticed that when I tap the "menu" button on the left of the top bar, the link highlighting is slightly off of the image of the button, but this only happens on the main page, not content pages.  The website also loads somewhat slowly on my phone, but that's probably because it is image intense, and my 4G cuts out in my office building, so that's probably mostly to blame.

Other than that, site looks great.  People already hate me for not allowing BUCKSFAN to change his icon again, but eh, I was impatient this morning and was excited.  Keep up the good work :)

Unky Buck's picture

When clicking on a comment from someone else (or even my own) or after I post a comment, it shows the subsequent post below that comment. It's not like scrolling up is an issue, but if I try to link to a comment in another forum and it shows up with the comment below it, that might be a little confusing (and possibly off topic lol).

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Welp, yeah, did it here too...so yeah...being the last comment on the page does it as well.

jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah it does this when you click the "NEW" button next to the forums to get to the newest comment. I think it's the top header bar that is cutting it off...

+1 HS
cronimi's picture

Not sure what this means, but when I posted a comment to the Tatum rollout post, the following message appeared at the top of the screen:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$vud_comment_widget in include() (line 134 of /home/elevenwa/public_html/sites/all/themes/elevenwarriors/templates/comment.tpl.php).

The post still worked, so maybe it's nothing....????  FWIW, I'm on Windows 7 Pro using Firefox 26.0.

jeremytwoface's picture

On the new BUCKSFAN Icon thread, my posts are showing up in italics...

Not a big deal unless I'm trying to figure out who's being sarcastic...

RBuck's picture

When it was first announced that 11W was going Beta I thought that I would have issues with my older computer and DSL. So far , so good. Only problem for me is that there is no horizontal schroll bar so I have to shrink the screen to fit. Kinda tough on my old eyeballs. Oops, no spellcheck?

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+1 HS
Buckforlife's picture

I'm on an iPhone 5 and when I scroll through the comments it becomes "jerky" or "sticks". 

No relation to OSUFORLIFE...

+2 HS
Buckforlife's picture

Double post, my apologies. 

No relation to OSUFORLIFE...

Dean's picture

On Windows Phone 8, the login drop down (from the sidebar) is a little wonky. It shown up, then the page scrolls wayyyy down. I could type my name, but had to scroll back up and re-open the login dropdown to enter my password. When I tried to re-open it a third time to hit the login button, the dropdown vanished, so that I ended up hitting "forum" instead

+2 HS
buckz4evr's picture

I'm having the same problem so I hit the 'reply' button on any post, and log in from there.

CC's picture

I have had the same thing on an iPad and Windows Vista and 7

MackHall400Series's picture

When I was reading the Friday Skull Session, the red links at the bottom were on top of the standard black words.  Once I clicked the first link, they all fixed themselves.  Don't know if that's a serious problem or not but figured I'd still let you know.  Also, I just misspelled "themselves" and a red line appeared under it.  When I tried to right click and spell check the word, that wasn't an option.  That's a very useful feature that should always be available because my spelling is often atrowchious.

+3 HS
RevJameson's picture

The linked article pictures at the top of the home page won't scroll for me. I'm assuming that's what they are supposed to do? It cuts off on the second picture. I am on a Galaxy s4 with android 4.3. I have tried both the stock browser as well as chrome.

Remy's picture

It is probably me, but I can't find a link for User Blog Posts.

I liked the Tracker (had your posts and comments separated) that was in our profile on the old site. Will that come back? Made it easy to follow comments and find old posts.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+2 HS
chili96's picture

seems like avatars do not animate anymore, is this intentional? :(

cronimi's picture

Looks like long post titles are being truncated: On the homepage, the post about Pantoni has its title truncated to "Mark Pantoni: The Mastermind Behind Ohio". Unless Brady Hoke has hacked 11W, it looks like there is a 2-line max set on post titles on the main page, and long titles may run 3-4 lines. (I'd post a screencap, but I can't figure out how to post a picture that doesn't have an url.)

Also, I used to have a spellcheck function in 11W comment boxes. I still get the red squiggly lines under words, but right-clicking no longer gives suggested spellings, only Paste (or Cut|Copy|Paste if a word is selected). Not sure if that is a function of 11W or my browser.

Killer nuts's picture

My user icon is weirdly formatted next to my posts (looks extremely zoomed in)

Crimson's picture
  1. On a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (built in browser), the comments go past the right barrier.
  2. Also, I have a next button to move to the next field after I put in my username, but it doesn't take me to the password field.  No problem with this when I'm on a desktop.
  3. I like the old highlighting new comments, but can you at least put a white/black border around new to make it pop more?  Maybe make "NEW" bigger and overlap on the right and bottom of the user image.
  4. I really miss 11W.com/tracker.  It's nice that you can look in each particular group/forum and see it, but at least more new topics would be great.
  5. You can't post images as your signature anymore, unless they come directly from a link.
  6. I like how there's a tracker in the forum.  Is there any way we can get a list of unread comments for football/basketball/recruiting?  Or even a second icon telling how many total and unread comments before we enter the article?
  7. Not all modify text options work, more so in quotes: bold, italics, underline, strikethrough.  Underline also doesn't have an icon.

bold, italics, underline, strikethrough

+2 HS
bukyze's picture

I agree with comment number 3.  It drives me nuts.  Definitely need something to make it pop more.  And as someone mentioned below, it would be nice to have the 'new comments' option as well.

+2 HS
bukyze's picture

Sorry - double post.

CALPOPPY's picture

The strike-through (strike-through) is not working for this comment.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I just noticed this too. Tried to do it this morning and it wouldn't strikethrough. Made the comment sound really odd...

CALPOPPY's picture

Don't you hate it when you start sounding online like you look in real life?

'Cause I know that I've been sounding pretty handsome lately online. Hits a little close to home.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

Ethos's picture

Could we eliminate the pop-up ads?

"I spent 90 percent of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted." - George Best

+1 HS
Woody Hayes Mays's picture

Hello,

The password reset screen on an iPhone 5 isn't sizing correctly and I wasn't able to pinch to zoom out to see the entire width of the page.

To recreate:

- request password reset (i used my laptop running chrome)

- click reset link in email on iPhone

- you should be able to see the reset page behaving badly

Remy's picture

I'm curious as to why the upvote / downvote function was taken away from Original Posts?

I put a lot of time and energy into my blog posts and it is nice when they are recognized by upvotes. I know some may find it silly, but the upvotes do let me know if people enjoy reading what I'm producing. 

Comment made simple "Money is overrated. Will work for upvotes."

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+9 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I upvote anything Remy posts! Always good stuff.

+1 HS
Remy's picture

Thank you MN Buckeye. You can be counted on to post insightful and witty comments.

BGSUBucksFan's picture

Not a bug so much as a user experience, but if I click Login at the top and type an incorrect password (and hit enter/submit), the login box goes away and it appears to do nothing.  I have to click the login link again to see that something went wrong.  Might want to keep the login box visible the entire time.  Using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107

Nappy's picture

Browsing on an S3, the header bar looks like this

Fan of bacon since 1981

+4 HS
Phoenix824's picture

Mine also.    Had to go to another page like football to get the sign in since it is buried by the search icon which I could not click since it was over another link.

Colin's picture

I have the same phone and was also encountering this problem... just saying so they know it is not an isolated incident.

Phoenix824's picture

I hope they get this one worked out soon.   It makes the site virtually unviewable on my phone.   I can't really navigate around and I spent most of my page view through the phone in the evenings.

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Small thing.  Using Firefox on a PC, I have to wait for the "mouse-over" drop down menu to see my profile at the top right, instead of just clicking on my profile name or image.  If I click, it does nothing and have to move again to get the drop down menu to come through.  Same goes for my iPhone, where I cannot access my profile information on the left (can click football, basketball, recruiting, etc. but cannot get into my profile).

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

buckifishr's picture

I dont get the listing of recent forums or blogs on the right side of my screen.

Most images apprea ridiculously large and blurry, and the banner at the topr of my screen says eleven warrio.

Would post a screen shot, but not sure how.

Oyster's picture

When logging in, you have to click the button to log on.  Pressing Enter doesn't work.  I'm an old dog, I don't adapt well to new tricks.

FloridaBuck's picture

Can't post a screenshot, but on mobile (iPhone 5s on LTE), much of the content is cut off. For example, under meet the dream 14 post, the players bios are cut off and measurables are stacked on top of one another. You are only able to view 2 of the 4 star ratings as espn and scout are cut off. 

Also the scrolling is EXTREMELY slow throughout the site. It actually locks up and crashed either chrome or safari in many cases. 

+1 HS
Barney's picture

The meet the staff link isn't working.  Also, is there a link to the game posters?  I thought I read something about that last week.

Set your gearshift for the high gear of your soul!

FloridaBuck's picture

Also on mobile (iPhone 5s), I am unable to see the upvotes or downvotes for my post. 

Safari crashed while typing this. 

UrbanCulture's picture

On my work PC, the Buckshots etc are at the bottom of the page like it should be on a mobile device. The monitor screen is somewhat wide so that may be the problem.

GABuckeye's picture

Not a bug, but I liked clicking on an article/forum post/etc and seeing the different color for "new comments" that I haven't read already.  I know there is a "NEW" next to the comment, but it's faster when it's in a different color/format.

+3 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

^^^ This.  I also liked being able to click on "New Comments" where it took you to the first new comment.

Embrace it.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

You can still do that for forum posts... Just not the front page stories. 

Crimson's picture

Jason said they're going to add something for it, maybe just next to the total number of comments.

pukindawg's picture

I'm not sure if it's a bug or was intentional but I can't seem to find the Buckeye Twitterverse link. I don't have twitter but I didn't need one to keep up with "All things Buckeye."  Love the new look and thanks for all you do.

+2 HS
biggy84's picture

I really enjoy the Buckeye Twitterverse as well. Is it coming back?

+1 HS
pukindawg's picture

Biggy,

It does exist and it works now (just haven't found a link to it on the site). I used this link from an old bookmark...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/buckeye-twitterverse

Now I can go back to being as unproductive as I was before the fancy new digs.

Thank you 11w!

+1 HS
biggy84's picture
+1 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

The Meet The Staff page is not found.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Will not let me post images or gifs..windows 7 explorer 11. Not only that but once I bring that box up to paste the url I can not get out of it at all.It totally blocks out the screen and there is no way to exit without exiting the site completely.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
TNbuckeye91's picture

Site runs very poorly on samsung galaxy sIII, running chrome.

gobucks96's picture

I preferred the new posts colored like before..

Love the scholarship grid under the recruiting (one of the reasons I still viewed scout). Would like to see a grid similar to the prospects as well..

+2 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture
TESTING TESTING SIBILANCE.  SIBILANCE

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

BTwrestle04's picture

Google Chrome Issues:

Text going into the voting pane

Text being highlighted doesn't always highlight the whole thing. See the white text (which is highlighted) to the far right.

Text overlapping

All problems are fixed with a refresh. Still annoying though.

partisan's picture

Same problems I've had.  PC running Chrome

Earle's picture

Noticed that you can't embed video just using an embed code in Firefox.  Had to include the URL.

Taspra's picture

I am also having the scroll problem on the iPad. It just kind of freezes. It seems to scroll better when it's in landscape than in portrait. Portrait is almost unbearable for scrolling. The scroll seems to be the biggest problem when in reading the comments as others have noted.

Thanks for all you do for us. I have no doubt these small bugs will get fixed. 

+2 HS
buckeye4life050233's picture

Whenever I bring up trying to post a youtube video, gif, picture, or embed a tweet the I have to refresh the page to get out of it and it won't allow me to hit the OK button????

2002osubuck's picture

I'm on an iPad so might just be with mobile but when u click on my profile icon or name nothing happens. I saw someone state there's a drop down but im not getting that. And the scrolling thru the forum posts it keeps jamming up and won't move for a min or two.

+1 HS
harleymanjax's picture

When I try to post a comment using my Samsung Tablet, the keyboard pops up and the page scrolls all the way up to the top of the screen so I can't see what I am typing!

"Because I couldn't go for 3"

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

I'm having the most trouble scrolling through posts on my ipad it keeps freezing.  I had to scroll to the bottom of this post before the comments load or the page would stick.

+1 HS
kevdale86's picture

Just tried watching the video of the game tying hockey goal and could only see a portion of the screen. Couldn't zoom in or out to see the whole thing. Same issue whether it was landscape or portrait. Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Knarcisi's picture

Site seems a bit slower, in general.  

Also, as an upgrade, any better way to post pics from an iPad?

+2 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

You can post pics through imgur. That's the direction it's heading.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
flipbuckeye's picture

Is it just me or is there really noticeable aliasing on the fonts? I'm on Windows 7/Chrome. When I use Firefox, it looks perfect. Maybe Chrome has always handled text that way, but with the fonts and sizes the site now uses, it is extremely noticeable.

EDIT: also... it appears that the resize tool in the image editor still doesn't work.

Click to embiggen:Chrome on the left/Firefox on the right

flipbuckeye's picture

Another issue... here's what the hover dropdown from the top menu bar looks like in Firefox (Windows 7).

Crimson's picture

I'm looking forward to this bug getting fixed, as I use Firefox and IE(10) as a backup.

Also, for most of the picture links, I wish clicking anywhere on the picture would take you to the story, rather than only the text, which changes once you hover over the picture, being a hyperlink.

BuckeyeSouth's picture

I was reading through some of the comments from the Orange Bowl live blog, clicked on the back button and nothing happened.  Couldn't scroll, click or anything like the site was locked up.  Had to close IE using the task manager and reopen. 

Embrace it.

Anyone else noticing that the recent posts on the right hand side have stopped updating by putting the most recent at the top? Hopefully it isnt something major because that was hands down one of the best things about the site was the ability to comment on a forum topic that had just gotten commented on without having to search through every one of them.

AllDay028's picture

As others have mentioned the scrolling is soooo jerky. It is also really jerky commenting on my phone with the text jumping everywhere. Lastly, on my phone, I can't scroll across the stories on the top so I see the first one, part of the second ones thumbnail, and cant scroll across at all.

Android 4.3 on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Empty messages don't fill space correctly (W7, IE and Firefox).  There's also no "Browse Server" button to upload from your computer.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/site-stuff/2014/02/33270/what-everyo...

flipbuckeye's picture

The laggy, jerky comment scrolling on Safari (iOS7, iPhone 5) makes the mobile site pretty much unusable.

LABuckeye's picture

Using IE 11 (Desktop) on a Surface Pro it is not possible to log in to the site using the on-screen keyboard. The login dropdown will not persist open if touched by your finger. It will only stay open if tapped with the screen pen, but then closes again as soon as I type on the keyboard. I have no such issues in IE 11 on my full size TouchSmart computer, which is where I'm typing this now.

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

hot mess right now on IE (at work). Eleven Warriors at top cut off. Pictures extremely large and pixelated. site stuff is still at the bottom and not on the sides. Drop down menus are all over each other with no pictures showing up. I would add the pictures of all of these, but the picture addition option will only let me put in a url and that screen itself is showing size issues.

edit: icon photos/avatars are super elongated and when in comment section only shows probably the upper 1/4 of that avatar/picture.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

I'm running Windows 8 w/ Chrome and the Commenting as "Username" is all ran together starting with "as" and into the first part of my username. Also, I agree with those complaining about the IOS mobile version and Safari. Safari on mobile devices is known for being laggy/buggy and this new site takes it to new levels, especially if there is a lot of animated GIFs.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

Go1Bucks's picture

I borrowed a PC to look at the site, and now see what things were missing when using the iPad.  I have less issue with the site now, but hope that the bugaboos are all fixed so I can access the site from the iPad in the future.  Was a tough day and a half to go without checking in with 11W.  Cheers all!

and Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!

DMcDougal24's picture

As others have noted, very difficult to scroll within a forum on iPad/iPhone due to freezing. I could not send my forum comment on my iPad, had to switch over to PC. 

Also, unable to log-in on iPad while in Landscape. Could be user error, but it wouldn't allow me to click user name. Worked fine when I switched to Portrait. 

I don't know if it's by design, but the default sorter in forum is to sort by number of replies rather than most recent reply. Every time I switch it manually it's switched back to default the next time I try. 

BlockO's picture

Great job on the site again 11w. A few issues that I have are that I can't see the toolbar while posting comments using my android. This means no italics or uploading of pics and gifs. Also it is a bit laggy on the scrolling but better on chrome. Thanks!

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

buckifishr's picture

Site is barely useable on my Motorola Moto x. Must content is larger than the screen on my phone.

dustinccc's picture

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I am not liking the small amount of forum topics.  The newest comment section is larger than the topics.  Other than that the site is great.

Chrome

NW Buckeye's picture

Am I missing the link to schedules for football and basketball?  Can't seem to find them anywhere. 

Crimson's picture

Hover over football or basketball.  They're on the right.

NW Buckeye's picture

Thanks, I had to expand the window to full width in order for that to show up.  If the window is too narrow, those choices (football and basketball) are on the left side of the screen in a hover drop down, and no option for the schedules appears.  Don't know if that is a bug or intended.  Using FireFox 26.0 

Crimson's picture

I'm using the same; if I use full height and shrink the width enough, I get the same thing.  I don't get any hover options when the screen is that narrow, so it probably needs fixed.

BUCKSOMIES's picture

Page source is fantastic.

JTownBuckeye's picture

Link to meet the staff didn't work. Forgive me if this was posted earlier.

OSU BUCkS's picture

I have a windows phone and when I go under the forum the active topics are cut off. I can see the name of the topic but it starts getting cut off where it says what forum it is in and I can't see the number of new posts.

Idaho Helga's picture

Jason,

I see above that you are asking "How do we reproduce?"     Gosh, um, no... not going there.   Maybe you should take a break from all this computer work.   ;)

Love the new site.

+1 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Helga, I'm kinda disappointed you're not going to address this issue. I have a six yr old and I was hoping for a tutorial for how to explain it to him in the future. I thought maybe I'd just sit him at the site and have him read it through.

Although, come to think of it, I don't know if I want to explain anything about the devices used in reproducing. That is probably too personal.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+2 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

Maybe when he gets older and has watched a lot more television he can explain a few things to Jason.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Have to be honest.  I really do not like the mobile site as it is, at least for Andriod.  Getting to the sidebar stuff at the bottom of the page is a huge pain especially if there are a large number of comments.  I still haven't figured out how I can get to my account page.  It seems like the top left pulldown menu should allow this, but pressing my screenname or icon doesn't do anything.  Navigation is really clunky and not as intuitive as it used to be on my phone.  

I can't even get the desktop version of the site from my phone (S4) when I request it.  I'd really be happy if I could just get that to work.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

CALPOPPY's picture

The link to your account on mobile devices not working is a bug that has been reported. In the meantime, you should be able to access your account by "right-clicking"/hard clicking on the account (in the top right corner) and opening in a new tab. You should also be able to click on the username of you comment and go there for now/until it's fixed.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

Buck Commander's picture

I Have iOS 7 on I pad the scrolling is bad and locks up and is choppy as well 

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

BHT's picture

On Firefox, on the homepage, when I mouse over the 3 stories at the top of the page, a black box appears stating the main idea of the post. This box on IE11 is the width of the picture/post but on Firefox, it is a tad short.

Also, how do you upload a picture from your computer?

CALPOPPY's picture

Images can be uploaded through imgur (or any link to an image). It's a free account if you don't have one.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Not sure if mentioned, but any thought to a B!G Scoreboard along the right side under the Recent Comments or from the drop down on top?

Go Bucks!

bull1214's picture

ive got a problem  clicking on topics, forums, links, replies, etc. pretty much anything that needs clicked on. I had this problem on the old site as well. I would assume its a problem on my end except I don't have this problem on any other site and ive used different types of computers such as a laptop at my house and a pc at work. the same problem is encountered each way. I usually have to click multiple times to access it. aggravating!

Zofinda's picture

Using a Kindle Fire HD, no major issues, just wanted to know if there was a plane to bring back the link with schedules and results for basketball and football, for past, current and future seasons. I know I could just use Google, but I liked having it here. Love the new site by the way.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I can't type text into the comment box with IE on tablet running Windows 8.1

Honestly this place has turned from a all-day hangout to a place to just check on updates occasionally. Not sure if that is by design or what. The recent comments and forums not updating and moving to the top of the list has made it almost impossible to stay current. It does look really cool on my PC and Im not even experiencing all the technical issues that some here are reporting but I have to say Im almost shedding a tear at not being able actively hangout here any more. Hopefully this will not go down as bad as the myspace switch a few years back. I love the staff here and the content they provide and I realize that has not changed but I fully anticipate there will be a ton of folks finding a new bar to post up at.;-(

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Agree with the "hangout" and forum portions.
I prefer the old set up where a new post or a recent comment would give the thread a bump.
I would also like to see more forum topics on the list. I feel like the recent posts section is pretty small now and hard to keep up with by having to work to get around. Just an opinion from a free-loader.

I will say it looks pretty cool and like anything new, will take some getting used to.

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Agree with the "hangout" and forum portions.
I prefer the old set up where a new post or a recent comment would give the thread a bump.
I would also like to see more forum topics on the list. I feel like the recent posts section is pretty small now and hard to keep up with by having to work to get around. Just an opinion from a free-loader.

I will say it looks pretty cool and like anything new, will take some getting used to.

+2 HS
Remy's picture

The recent comments and forums not updating and moving to the top of the list has made it almost impossible to stay current

Exactly. It would be nice to have the Most Recent Forum Topics come back. Perhaps replace the Most Commented section.

Yes.

I Guess I'm an Old Man Not Liking Change

So I don't sound too much like the guy above: Thank you for providing this great site. Just missing that community feeling it had. I do like the HD quality of the pictures. They certainly "pop" now.

+2 HS
Right Again's picture

+1 for wanting new comments to bump the topic to the top of the forum.  

+1 HS
36buck's picture

Is there a comment link at the top  without having to scroll to the bottom to comment? When a lot of comments its really annoying to have to scroll all  the way to the bottom to post. 

And put back under the topic when the last comment was. Now I have no idea.  Don't want to waste time going to a topic if the last comment was before the last time I read it. Total waste of time. 

+2 HS
blazers34's picture

Nothing new to add, just wanted to reiterate the issue with scrolling on the ipad and iphone.  Seems like a small thing, but its very frustrating and makes the site tough to use

+1 HS
Jagon1119's picture

If you use the ipad in landscape and scroll in the right hand margin it scrolls just fine the issue is when you scroll down the middle of the page.

buckeye4life050233's picture

It would be cool if in the my account area under the recent activity if next to your posts it would show you the upvote and downvote status of your posts

Seattle Linga's picture

Any idea why some of the comments in the forum topics were shaking? I read as much of the comments above as time allowed however if it had been mentioned before - my appoligies.

+2 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Was just about to report the same problem. Some of the comments in the "What everyone is thinking but won't say" forum post were shaking up and down. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe someone will answer with some good info

SteelBuckeye's picture

Here is my iPhone 5 solution.  I had the same issues as everyone else.  I downloaded and tested a bunch of browsers. The one that worked for me was Atomic Lite.  It has a page up/down feature (needs to be turned on) as well as a slider bar (also needs to be turned on).  I have no idea how secure it is but it is the only way to get the best Buckeye site to work for me. 

Edit:  It seems to slow down once you sign in but it is still better than Safari.  

otrain2416's picture

Just a heads up- Having trouble viewing football scholarship grid getting error on page 

Oyster's picture

I don't know if it has been addressed yet, but on the Poll, it doesn't show that there are any comments.  There are comments once you open it up, but the count doesn't show on the front page.

+1 HS
Buckeye06's picture

My football grid is not working this morning on Firefox.  May be in the process of updating but I'm having problems

Thanks

gm3jones's picture

Using IE 8 and when hovering above the links (footballm basketball, etc), the words at the bottom are all mixed together and hard to read.

Also, it seems as if the commenting box on some of the blogs are a little weird. It outlines a box I am supposed to type in (not a big deal, but I don't imagine that is they way it is supposed to be).

Your "Eleven Warrio" is missing an R on it.

Looks like things are a little harder to find now, would be nice to have short cuts links on the front page (similar to last site page).

Good looking site so far, but it is a little to hard to get to where you want to go without navigating through two and three pages to get where you want to go.. And the little bug fixes sure would be nice to have fixed :-) Keep up great work guys!

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

+1 HS

There no longer seems to be a link to an edit profile page. Is that correct or did I just miss it?

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

If you hover over your icon in the upper right, you can click on My Account.  Once there, you can click edit in the top left.  However, some phone/tablet users cannot get to My Account.  Here's the link:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/user

+1 HS

Yes I understand how to get to the user account page. However there is no link to an edit page in the top left (or anywhere else) that I can see.

Crimson's picture

Device, OS, browser?  I'm finding it there on the combinations I have.

Superjjaacckk's picture

[Redacted due to repeat]

Go1Bucks's picture

Just wondering how goes progress on the more offensive bug fixes?

Go Bucks!

toad1204's picture

Using IE 9.0.8112.

No Buckshots present, the pictures take up the whole page, the Eleven Warriors banner at the top with Ohio in the middle is covered partial by the quick links to the Football/ Baksetball... forum links.

It also makes me type in a text box for posts, seems odd.

Id post screen shots but I can not get to the image imbed box because its maligned.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
avail31678's picture

I cannot read through every comment to see if this is mentioned....but the horizontal series of "top stories" at the top of the main page - the ones that have a picture with text/title inside the pic - are not fully visible and are cut off by the black ribbon at the top of the page.  This is when viewing from Internet Explorer on my PC.

+1 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

There isn't a comment count showing up for the poll question

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Is there any chance we could get the time and TV information on the Football and Basketball schedule pages?  Having to dig through the "preview" article (and waiting until the day of for said preview article) makes it difficult and kind of takes some of the value away from the schedule page.  Thanks

Go1Bucks's picture

Could you consider, maybe, possibly, pretty please adding a drop down with links for ordering from the various pizza and wing joints?  Maybe also, cannot forget, as long as it's legal, a link to Beer International or other drink delivery service?  You see, since I decided to become a more interactive vocal member of 11W, I have also become much more lazy and don't see the need to cook or go on beer runs - so I need help at making sure I get sustenance so that I can continue to contribute in the fashion required by my alumni status and fandom.  Thanks for the help - your a great staff!  :-P

Go Bucks!

RedStorm45's picture

Having issues with IE 8, and whatever version of Safari on iOS 7.0.4.

A few examples include:
-Not being able to type in a comment box. Sometimes it just freezes up.
-If I do not have my window maximized in IE, basically nothing resizes with the window so it becomes nearly impossible to navigate (yes, I know I shouldn't be using IE but sometimes you are limited by your work computer).
-Script stops running - this may be my internet, not entirely sure.
-As others have noted, sometimes the pictures or skull session logos are in odd places - I would assume that's not by design.

osuguy2008's picture

On the iPad it's difficult to get to my account. I hit my account name or the logo and I don't get directed to my account page

CALPOPPY's picture

You need to "right click" (press and hold the link) and Open Link in New Tab. This is a bug that has been reported and I assume will be fixed.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

Aesculus.'s picture

Anyone else not having a new tab come up when outside links are clicked on?  

11/8/2014 @Michigan State aka Payback

+2 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

Not so much bugs as design requests but here a couple things I've noticed:

1) Buckshots and polls don't show comment counts

2) Can the article author info be moved to below the graphic/pic at the top, like it should go title-picture-author info/twitter link-article text instead of title-author-picture-article.

3) the right side of the screen is blank like half the time. Either have the text expand over after the stuff on the side ends, as it is all up at the top and once you scroll down passed that it just stays empty, or have the stuff at the top (recent posts/most commented) drift down with the scroll maybe? Fill it with ads even really, it just seems like 1/3 of the page is empty

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

I can't even find the polls and Buckshots.

BucksfanXC's picture

If you are on the mobile, they are at the bottom. On mobile everything is just one column that you scroll up and down only to see. If not, they are on the right side in the same area they were before, just different look.

cronimi's picture

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but quoted text is in a medium gray, which, against the slightly lighter gray of the background, can be challenging to read. As the text is already indented with a red line in the left margin, indicating it is a quote, is a different text color necessary? [EDIT: I'd prefer just black text in all cases. It is far easier to read, which after all is the goal, right?]

Win7/Firefox & Firefox for Android

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

I don't think your contact us link works.  I sent you a message this morning (actually 2).

First Message:  All,

I understand the recent comments issue and advertisers.  It's a business and I'm a capitalist, trust me.  I would offer that with the recent comments we were able to see not only forum comments, but Skull Sessions, Buckshots, Blog Post etc.  If a comment was made, no matter where, it showed up.  Now there is no way to see all the updates unless you go to the Skull Session, a specific blog etc.  Lets use the concept for the forum and tweek it.  Make a recent comments page that lists the topic and who made the comment.  We would then know what pages/forums/Buckshots etc were being commented on and by who on one simple page, but there would be no commentary to scare off advertisers.

Sleep on it, give it a thought.

2nd Message:

I just sent you a message, but the home page said it failed to send, then underneath it said my e-mail was sent successfully.  I received a copy of my e-mail, but am curious if you received my message.  Can you reply to this message?  If you don't, I think you have another bug.  You won't know it, obviously, but you do.

Thanks.

(now Earle or some other smart alec will respond that they did receive it but are simply ignoring me, but I like to believe they wouldn't do that to me.  And I keep telling myself that too)

Earle's picture

Maybe if you quit whining about Recent Comments, your emails would be taken a little more seriously.  

Seriously, though, we've made what I think are a couple of reasonable suggestions on how to preserve a feature that many seemed to have found an important tool in navigating the site and, perhaps more importantly, in fostering the dialogue that has helped make 11W such a great place to hang out. 

Jason and the staff are good people, and have undoubtedly put a ton of time and effort into the redesign.  I'm sure they've heard our pleas.  Let's trust them to make the tweaks that are warranted, or at least give them a chance to explain why they don't feel the issue needs to be (or can't be) addressed.  I think they've earned a little time and leeway in that regard.  I, for one, will try to refrain from beating the drum for a while.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I don't understand where you can accuse me of whining about recent comments when I have only made 2 posts about them being gone? This and one on Monday are the only times I have voiced an opinion on the matter.

Earle's picture

I must have imagined it.  Sorry.

Oyster's picture

You are like the older brother I'm glad I never had.

Earle's picture

Yeah, you probably could have benefited for someone to whom you could aspire.  Sorry I wasn't there for you.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Yea, I always wanted to get a hotel room and go to American Girl...

My life sucks!

Earle's picture

Forget Recent Comments, I do not like the fact that you can now edit comments that have been replied to, thereby making a perfectly good retort seem out of context (like this one).

Oyster's picture

You seem on edge lately?

(and it wasn't that good of a retort)

Earle's picture

Of course you wouldn't think so.

We could go on like this forever.  Maybe I can close the loop by saying that you are like the annoying little brother I'm glad I never had.

Oyster's picture

If that is the the case then you ARE old!

vitaminB's picture

How were you two able to carry on this conversation?  I can't seem to keep track of recent posts.

I would just like to point out that I have no use for the "Most Commented Post"  that just means to me, well there is nothing new I could add in there.  Why do I care that 220 folks commented on Monday's Skull Session?  Is this supposed to make me want to re-read it?

Thanks again for the great content on this site.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

We text each other after we post so the other knows that he can then respond.

In all honesty, it's not as easy to do, but if you check your account you can see if somebody replied to a post you made, and if you know what threads you are posting in, go to the forums page under Active.  There will be a NEW tag for posts by somebody else, and nothing if you made the last post.  Hope this helps.

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I guess I should have used italics there.

Thanks for that, Chief, that does seem like a good idea.

vitaminB's picture

Hey, wait, I've got a new complaint.

The three focus stories right now, you can't read half of the text.  You need to outline the white in a different color, or take a closer look at the images you select.

Earle's picture

You're on the wrong thread man.  This one is for idle banter.  And if you want to talk about Recent Comments, that's OK, too.  Just don't complain about it.  We're done with that.

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I tell you when we're done with that.  I am the one who complains about how loud the knocking is.

+2 HS
JTownBuckeye's picture

Should I be getting a text box when I make a comment?

toad1204's picture

OK...  Told the IT guy what I was up to and am now running IE11.08.  Cant post pics/ gifs from it though.  When I click the image box and I put in the web address for the gif/pic that's as far as I can go and when I hit cancel/ OK nothing happens

Crimson's picture

You should have asked for IE10.  People complain about 11 a lot.

OSUStu's picture

This may be an issue already identified here but I was unable to find it.  I apologize if so.

The "top three stories" at the top of the main page are cut off on the mobile site (similar to the way the banner ads are cut off).  Only about 1 and 1/2 of the photos show.  So, I can't see or access the third story.  There appears to be no way to scroll right.

Issue is both on the Android browser and Chrome for mobile.  

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Crimson's picture

Is there any way we can get quotes at the top of the main page back?  I miss seeing, "We're stretching!  And you're a kicker!" everyday.

Nicholas Jervey's picture

The quote is at the bottom of every page. If you're willing to scroll, you can see it every day.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Crimson's picture

Yeah, but, I meant at the top of the page.  *Eyes dart back and forth.  Walks away quickly.*

Thanks.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Suggestion:  Would it make sense for Jason or one of the other staff members to create a new forum topic that is locked for commenting, that maintains a list of currently known bugs?  You could also put any other developments that are in the works there.

Supposedly the new format gives the staff more flexibility on what they can do from a technical standpoint.  Does this include the ability to make certain posts "sticky" in the forums?  So that they always appear at the top?  This suggested post would be something that could be stickied in the "Site Stuff" forum.  Nearly every message board or forum I have ever been on has this capability, and programmatically shouldn't be difficult (add a sticky indicator field to the forum topic header table of the site database, and add it to the front of the order by clause of the SQL that retrieves forum topics).  You'd still need to add a mechanism to indicate topics that are "sticky", and you'd need to give staff members and moderators the ability to mark them as such.

Crimson's picture

Birm sticky's things in the recruiting forum (see <Direction> Ohio Recruiting posts).  We also had this on the old site (2013 offers, etc.)

The first sentence wasn't meant to be graphic, but I'll let it ride.

Ericgobucks's picture

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but I can't figure out how to access my profile on mobile platforms. I have iPhone and iPad and the problem persists on both. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this? Thanks 

vitaminB's picture

Someone tell me what it says on the Larry Johnson Photo on the main page.  Please use a shadow on your font.  It looks like a third graders powerpoint presentation.

Ericgobucks's picture

I just discovered one more issue with iOS. On my iPhone I was trying to respond to a comment and scrolling down to find it, the site is very unresponsive to scrolling. All the other programs/sites are very responsive to scrolling except 11W. The first time I assumed it was a network issue. This time i figured out it was not the network. Anyone else experience this? 

Crimson's picture

When I move my window to a smaller width, the top bar doubles in size, as the search box moves to a new line, covering up other features of the site (including in My Account, can't see view/edit; also, it's spelled "My account" while the second word is capitalized for Forum Topic and Blog Post but not Log out).

Also, when I search for "bug" or "tracker" or "bug tracker" I don't get anything.  I only get a result if I search for "bugtracker."  The bottom of all of these words are also cut off in the search box.

Help!  The border is too big!

Taspra's picture

Jason,

whatever it is you guys have done, the site and specifically the scrolling on the IPad seems to be much more responsive. Thanks so much! 

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

If you insert a picture with a mouseover including a colon, the colon and everything before it will not display in the mouseover.

jedkat's picture

the Meet the Staff page does not exist if you follow the link at the bottom of the homepage.

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

gm3jones's picture

May I ask why the login box is so big? Why not have a smaller box appear just below it (instead of having it take the whole top of the page)? My apologies is this was already covered.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You mean you did't read all 260 some comments in their entirety? 

+1 HS
jedkat's picture

Not so much a bug, but the meet the staff link at the bottom does not work.

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+1 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

I keep seeing in comment threads where one person uses italics for their comment it makes all the rest of the comments appear in italics. It is happening right now in today's poll comment section about Rutgers/Maryland.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

iPad-related bug: When in landscape orientation, the drop-down menu under the user's profile picture/username in the top righthand corner does not hover long enough to actually allow the user to click on one of the menu options. The drop-down works fine in portrait orientation on the iPad, and I have not noticed the same issue on iPhone. Odd, right?

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Same thing.  I usually hover on it with my finger and open in a new tab.

+2 HS
Jimmy Smits's picture

Yep, same here

I like nachos

BuckeyeChuck81's picture

The only problem I had was with the sign up process.  The captcha question asked something to the effect of which state is Ohio States biggest rival in, my answer was TSUN, and I got denied.  I really don't think it expected me to type in that terrible word m$&@#%^+

+2 HS
Jimmy Smits's picture

I can't copy and paste images using my ipad, iOS 7.1.1.  When I touch the URL box and select "paste", the URL doesn't populate, just stays blank.

I like nachos

AllDay028's picture

I've never been able to scroll the top stories on my S3. I figured you guys were working on it but thought I'd post it again.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I've been noticing today that the unread comments count in a lot of places is just off.  Sometimes it is higher than the total comment count.  Most notably in the main forum page.

+4 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Same here.  Unread posts be trippin dawg.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Yup The post counter in general is way off for me.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah I've had the same problem. For example, I'll click on a thread and then go back to the main forum page and it will say there are still 100+ new comments.

Seattle Linga's picture

Still an issue and then sometimes it cleans itself up but then toggles back and forth on the forum posts. Hopefully a writer can lend some help. 

One Bad Buckeye's picture

This isn't a bug, more of a suggestion/request.  I was perusing the football roster and noticed that it's only organized in order of jersey number.  It would be awesome if I could click on one of the categories in the top row (Position, Name, Height, etc.) and have it automatically re-organize the list.  

For instance, if I wanted to see the list organized by position I could just click on "POS" and it would automatically lump all of the players into position groups.  

I know 11W is always looking to improve, I thought this might be a simple add-on.  Then again, I'm not a techie in the least bit.  

Regardless, thanks again for the awesome site guys.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I am unable to scroll the top three stories to the left on my phone.

Phone model: LG-LS720

Android 4.1.2

Browser: Chrome 36.0.1985.128

How Firm Thy Friendship

Poison nuts's picture

Using an IPad w/ latest Apple OS (7.1.2) & cannot pull up the football schedule. It was working for a while, now it's not again. When I click "football" it pops up for a split second - then goes away just as fast...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Seattle Linga's picture

I am sure it's been mentioned on here but with almost 300 comments - color me too lazy to read em all. 

Question - are you looking into the option of seeing how many people are on line at the current time and who has logged on in "real time?"

Crimson's picture

I've noticed in several articles that the font size varies from sentence to sentence.  See here for an example.  Maybe you can build in a default style or let all of the writers know.  (When I paste to word, it says they are different fonts as well, but only in IE.)

OSUStu's picture

Is the functionality to search Forum posts gone?  It used to work, but now when I use the search bar it only pulls up articles written by the staff.

BUCKfutter's picture

The sidescroll at the top works now! I'm on my S3 using chrome. Thanks!

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

OSUStu's picture

Hhmmm. What are you doing to get it to scroll? I can't seem to do it on my S4 on Chrome?

BUCKfutter's picture

nothing new - i try it every time im on from my phone. it just worked this time.

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

allinosu's picture

I lost about 70 helmet stickers all at once with no reason. Why? 

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Bumping this, I also would like some feedback when possible, thanks.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

Killer nuts's picture

I am having trouble embedding youtube videos from my iphone and tablet, I can only do it when using a desktop or laptop

Hoody Wayes's picture

What if you want to post images on your hard drive? It seems we can no longer do so.