Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Great American Ballpark has the most quality beer in MLB

jeremytwoface's picture
August 13, 2014 at 10:05am
11 Comments

The Washington post has an article along with a cool interactive graphic that actually crowns the Seattle Mariners as the kings of craft beer in MLB.

The Cincinnati Reds, however, rank 1st in quality of beers with over 130 different beers available. Looks like I'm going to have to make it to a Reds game soon...

jeremytwoface's picture

Damn it!!

I've been getting bad with this.... Too many distractions in my life right now.

Sorry folks.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

No worries, brother. We are two and half weeks away from Buckeye football. It would take a shovel to the face to upset me at this point.

InTressITrust's picture

I hope you don't run into this guy then 

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

MordenoftheSith's picture

Cincy is listed 2 and Cleveland listed 3, which proves Ohio is better at all things tailgate related.  Eff you, South.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+2 HS
Kindell's picture

I have been there multiple times this year and it's as good as advertised.  You just have to take out a loan to get drunk, but the quality is great.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

About how much is the cost? Do they have a fixed rate for craft beers or does it just depend on the beer?

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Kindell's picture

We were drinking some Craft Beer and it was 9$ I believe.  I think they have set pricing standards around the ballpark.  I usually go to the fridge area on the first base side where you can get tall boys, and they seem to be the best deal.  I usually sit in that area so it's a short walk to the fridge.  If you get a chance, try the Mt. Carmel Amber Ale.  It's a red amber beer that is brewed in Cincy.  I liked it quite a bit.

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

The Mt. Carmel Nut Brown Ale, which is their signature beer, is pretty good too.  Mt Carmel brewery is about half a mile from my grade school on the east side.  It's pretty cool; just a small inconspicuous farmhouse that makes great beer.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

buckeyebfd's picture

If you go there's a big ass bar located on the main concourse on the 3rd base line that has a fantastic selection of beers, both big breweries (why bother) and microbrews.

Habu71's picture

As a long time Reds fan, it's gonna take at least 130 different kinds of beer to drown my sadness.