Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Carlos Hyde's Fantasy Football Draft Stock

GreatLakesBeer's picture
July 31, 2014 at 5:53pm
13 Comments

I would like to draft carlos late but in my league i don't think he'll be there. To many buckeyes fans. Would be a nice handcuff to gore though. So how high are you willing to draft Hyde?

IH8UOFM's picture

He went undrafted in my ESPN league. Gladly dropped Pierre Thomas to take a chance on Goo-wap.

luckynutz's picture

While he isnt in the same clear cut position, Im hoping I can snag him where I grabbed Le'Veon Bell last year. He was my dark horse I took a late round flier on. And it paid of in spades. Hoping to do the same with Mr. Cant Stop the Guap.

Sin City Buckeye's picture

I've done a ton of mocks and it seems he's been going in the 9th round or later. Of course, you have someone who'll jump up and take him earlier in some cases.

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

Buckeye414's picture

9th round is a good place.  He is a "wait and see guy" because you don't know how many reps they will give him from the get go.

-Go Bucks!

northcampus's picture

It's tough to trust rookie RB's, even though Hyde appears to be heading into a great situation with Gore banged up.  If you have Gore, you absolutely need Hyde as well.  I would say around pick #70-80 if you can get him.  I've seen mocks with backs such as Lamar Miller or CJ Anderson or Kadeem Carey or Jeremy Hill going before Hyde.  I'd take Hyde over any of those four (specifically because of concerns over Gore staying healthy).

I really like Tre Mason this year.  I think he is the highest scoring Rams RB this season.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Jeremy Hill is another very interesting gamble. He could be the bell cow starting out. Preseason will give us more of a scope to go off of but I expect Hill and Hyde to both be major contributors next season and worth a late round gamble for sure.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

mmounts's picture

Lamar Miller will be a starter. You draft him ahead of Hyde. 

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Of subject, but I like your screen name and icon. That's one of my favorite craft brews. I drink it all the time. As a matter of fact, I have a 6 of Edmund Fitz in the fridge.

GreatLakesBeer's picture

Thanks man, much like football their Oktoberfest is right around the corner

If you will it dude, it is no dream

mmounts's picture

He went for like $30 in my first year Dynasty League. 

whiskeyjuice's picture

I was hoping that OSU had a chance to play and beat up on Alabama while Carlos was still at the program, I wanted to yell "Roll Hyde!"

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Wilkins78's picture

We are only doing what will amount to a rookie draft in our dynasty league this year.  I have the fourth pick. I think I gotta take him if I can then since he shouldn't be around for the 13th pick.