Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NHL Draft TONIGHT

HattanBuck85's picture
June 27, 2014 at 8:24am
9 Comments

Hey, y'all. So tonight is the NHL Draft. The Bluejackets pick #16. Who would you like the Jackets to select? 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jackets trade the pick and acquiring a defenseman due to the lack of names in free agency. If they keep the pick, I think we need to add depth to our back line. D Julias Honka or Travis Sanheim would make sense.

Go Jackets!!!

buckeyestu's picture

Would like to see them pick a hockey player, a good hockey player,

+2 HS
BuckminsterFullback's picture

Agreed.

Picking at #16, it's likely that the pick will be in the juniors/minors for a while; by the time he's NHL-ready, there's no telling what the CBJ's positional needs will be.

Danify's picture

Josh Ho-Sang (My personal favorite player in the draft).

Dylan Larkin

Kasperi Kapanen

Alex Tuch

Robby Fabbri

Are five players to keep eyes on for the Columbus Blue Jackets (especially Kasperi Kapanen)

William's picture

Ivan Barbashev, Adrian Kempe or Julius Honka are the most likely in my mind, maybe a guy like Kevin Fiala or Alex Tuch. 

TicoVersion1's picture

Come on Offensive Defenseman! We have to replace the absolute juggernaut that was Nikitin. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Love the NHL draft - Philly will be lit up tonight.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Sorry didn't see this Thread.  

Not as exciting as NFL and NBA, but important to those hockey fans out there, especially the CBJ!  Columbus chose Sonny Milano (LW) from the USHL with first pick.

Click to see picks: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?year=2014&team=&position=&round=1

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Danify's picture

Hockey is weird in an way compared to the other professional sports. For example, the Columbus Blue Jackets drafted Sonny Milano, yet he is allowed to play for Boston College? I'm guessing NHL and NCAA Hockey rules are different from NBA and NFL professional | amateur rules. Positive side is being able to watch Sonny Milano in action @ Boston College.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Columbus looks to have had a great draft.  Looking forward to our future players and coming trades in the next weeks for others yet to come.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS