Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Manziel Trade

Go1Bucks's picture
May 21, 2014 at 5:07pm
34 Comments

What would be a good trade for Manziel in order to make the Browns better?

Since I don't care a shit about the pro-Manziel camp out there, this is a question strictly about what would be a fair trade that the Browns could get for him that would make the Browns a better competitive team ?

Thanks for playing, those who take it seriously. If you don't want to contribute positively, then just don't contribute at all.

B1G_Deal's picture

Mike 'Kardashin ' Sam  

-2 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Maybe they should trade next year's 7th rounder to get Sam, and then we can see which media circus is a bigger one -- The Manziel Circus or the Sam Circus.  There probably would not be enough media credentials in all of Cleveland.

I didn't go to engineering school to be a 'people person'

Golden Buckeye's picture

There is no way that they would trade up for him during the draft and trade him away before the season starts.

But I don't think any team would trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for him next year at this point.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yep it would be better to let him and Hoyer battle it out in a close race then trade the one you are not rolling with. With Cleveland not wasting that 4th overall on JF he could be expendable,but I would assume it wont be immediately and even then he wont have too much value. In your scenario if he were to be traded right now he wouldn't be worth more then a 2nd rounder.Not happening.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

10% above fair market value. 

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Trade Manziel? What would I do with my new T-shirts:

http://www.freshbrewedtees.com/tees/johnny-manziel-money-t-shirt.html

Just say no to italics abuse.

+6 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Ship them to Africa with the '07 nc shirts.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
daveyt11's picture

Funny you bring that up...I read that a local Cleveland store owner after Ginn returned the opening kick, drove to his store to start printing the NC Tshirts...by the time his machine got warmed up, we were down 17-7. Needless to say he shut it off....sorry to bring back bad memories.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Don't you mean 21-7? :(

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

the only person i trade Johnny for,is  the 28 year old version of Peyton Manning

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Hell, I'd go with a 28 year old Brian Sipe...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Hell, I'd go with a 28 year old Michael Stipe.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

What about 28 bottles of Red Stripe?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

Lebron James

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

I guess GoBucks1 isn't happy with our responses.

Edit: CRYBABY!!!

DIRECTIONER

-3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I choose to take on the question, it's impossible to put a fair value on him as we have no idea where other teams valued him at. All we know is 20 teams didn't value him at the spot they were picking at so it's really hard to come up with a serious answer to this question. At the moment in jersey and ticket sales alone he's worth plenty to the brownies.

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Manziel for Ozzy Newsome.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
luckynutz's picture

Hes never taken a snap in the NFL. So most GM's wouldnt even entertain the notion of this. And the ones who did wouldnt offer too much more than maybe a mid round pick. You wouldnt get a player for him. Because their is no actual real time value for him as of now. All you have is what he could be...not anything tangible to hang your hat on.

+2 HS
BuckeyeBlondie's picture

The Browns will hold onto him if only for the money making end of it. They will see a bump in ticket and merchandise sales. I think if they don't get their money out of him early on and he doesn't perform in even just one game as a replacement, he will be done. Luckynutz is right, he has no tangible value other than merch $$s right now.

Blondie

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

his money out of him?  browns are one of the highest attendance stadiums in the league with a deathly loyal fan base.  this wasn't done for the money, we shell it out every year regardless of the talent on the field.

Squirrel Master's picture

I think he is worth a 22nd overall pick. The better question would be what could u get for Gordon if he does get a full year.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

Gordon just saved them a hell of a lot of money. If he stayed clean, he was staring down a huge extension in the next 2 years. But as it stands, hes damaged goods. And if he tries to play hardball, cleveland can let him see what he will find on the market. Petty sure he wont like what he finds.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great point Lucky - there are crazy over spending owners that won't care about his past issues. Unbelievable talent

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Million dollar talent. Ten cent brain. And I dont care how dumb some owners are (looking at you Dan Snyder and Jerrah jones), you cant ignore the fact that hes one toke away from being useless to you for a long while.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

So really where is the risk in tossing a lot of money at him? He gets banned and the owner/team is off the hook as far as Gordons salary is concerned.

Also, even with the FA signings, Haden, and the rookies the Browns will still end up with more cap space than most NFL teams.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Its not about the cap space. Cleveland has ridiculous amounts. It has more to do with the fact he still counts against the cap. And the fact you shouldnt reward a guy who cant help you because he cant get out of hisn own way off the field.

Seattle Linga's picture

Great Question Go 1 - If the o-line is healthy another flyer would be awesome

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Kirk Cousins

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
BAR43's picture

In the next year or two we will see what he is worth. My guess would be a 4th to 6th round draft pick as I just dont see him being very successful. QB's with much more talent have fallen into the career ending cracks with the Browns.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

I'd trade screen-legend Anthony Quinn's undershirt.  He took it off to do sit-ups in the park and I nabbed it.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Knarcisi's picture

Call it not contributing positively, but this is not even realistic.  Why would you trade up to get someone, then trade them?

+3 HS
lamplighter's picture

waking up after a two week binge?

+2 HS