Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

1919 World Series - Rare Footage

Hoody Wayes's picture
May 2, 2014 at 1:33pm
12 Comments
route4buckeye's picture

I've always wondered why the Reds even claimed to be champs this year with the scandal and all. Not something I'd be proud of as a fan of the team.

-5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

probably the same reason the SEC claims titles out of thin air from the pre-BCS era, for the banner. 

hit_the_couch's picture

probably the same reason the SEC claims titles out of thin air from the pre-BCS era, for the banner. 

Plus the pre AP era and back dating titles. I think the Aggies are about to start doing this or maybe it was Auburn.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Reds actually won the damn games. The more Noble thing would be for the Cardinals to forfeit every game that Mark McGwire participated in as a player or coach,a known and admitted steroid user.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

While we're at it, lets take away every game the Reds won with Pete Rose?

-2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Not sure Pete did anything to"help" his team "win". On the other hand McGuire juiced himself into a 70 HR season and openly admitted it.If you do not see the difference then efforts to explain are futile. Also you are acting like the reds are the ones that took the payoffs and threw the series. They won the games during the season to reach the series and who isn't to say they wouldn't have won anyways?

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

route4buckeye's picture

Who's to say the Sox wouldn't have? Moot point.

-3 HS
Furious George 27's picture

The Reds won thats why they claim it, not that hard to understand.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+4 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I'm curious, if Ohio State won a national title against, say USC. If it was found that Sarkisian and all his coaches and players wanted to throw the national title game, would you be celebrating and claiming that national title? Seems very tainted to me.

-3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

love stuff like this

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Dead spin brought it with that video - kinda cool

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Butthurt Reds fans. Boo hooo

-3 HS