Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Possible WR free agent for the Browns??

osubuck57's picture
March 13, 2014 at 9:24pm
15 Comments

So after reading Ted Ginn signing with Arizona today, I was mulling over possibly inexpensive WR targets that Cleveland could bring in. How about Danario Alexander from San Diego?? Big and tall, and would be an upgrade in my opinion over Greg Little, who seems to drop anything close to him. I know we have #4, and hope we draft Sammy Watkins, but this is a guy who would be great in the red zone and from what I saw last year, could leap up and grab a few high ones as well.

FitzBuck's picture

Agreed with Alexander.  Him, bess, Watkins and Gordon with Cameron at TE and Hyde at RB with late first round if RDS is gone would give any QB weapons to go with a solid O line.  We will f this up.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

MacG91's picture

The Browns cut Bess, that's why they're trying to get Hawkins. 

Mac..yeah

+5 HS
luckynutz's picture

Danario Alexander cant stay healthy. Has had knee problems since his days at missouri. The seem to be highly interested in andrew hawkins. Signed him to another offer sheet following the bengals matching the original one. Dont think they will look for a big outisde receiver in free agency. Think they have every intention of taking a wide reciever early. Maybe not watki s early...which I hope they do. But maybe mike evans or Kelvin benjamin. There really isnt a whole lot of free agent value at wr this year. They have shown interest in slot type guys. Think they are waiting til the draft to add another big outside target to pair with gordon and cameron.

SavannahBuck's picture

I'd honestly like to see them sign Steve Smith...Gordon is the big play guy, but a veteran of Smith's caliber would be huge for this team. He can be the guy that when you have to have a first down, you look his way.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

While I'd like Smith too, I think he goes to a team closer to winning if he can, or takes the biggest # he can get if no legit title contender wants him. I don't see the Browns being either of those.

MacG91's picture

I'm a Bengals fan, and I love Hawkins, if you all get him, your getting some ridiculous speed and quickness. 

Mac..yeah

Braxton2Devin's picture

I would love Edelman. Greg Little can't catch the easy slants, whereas Julian Edelman has perfected this trait

otrain2416's picture

How about we draft Sammy Watkins?

+2 HS
Travis's picture

Cleveland could slide by with getting Benjamin with that 2nd pick in the first round.

That'd be a beautiful pick up honestly.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Haven't checked lately, but Mike Evans had been sliding down draft boards, wouldn't mind him either.

osubuck57's picture

I just hope they don't waste #4 on QB. If in fact we do land Hawkins, we probably won't draft WR til 3rd-4th round, with multiple picks. Really hope I'm wrong. Would love Sammy, Evans, or Benjamin in 1st round.

SCOTTC.

luckynutz's picture

Dont grasp the logic behind this. Hawkins is a slot. They aren't pursuing the big outside targets in free agency...which would indicate they are looking to draft one. If they cant get watkins at 4, or choose to take a qb there (praying they dont), benjamin or evans would be the most likely suspects with the 2nd first round pick. True, this draft is well stocked with wide receivers. But with the focus on defense in free agency, that puts the draft priority on skill players for the offense.