Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Bacon Lovers' Team: Lehigh Valley IronPigs!

Hoody Wayes's picture
February 26, 2014 at 9:47am
9 Comments
Run_Fido_Run's picture

I 'm crazy about bacon, but I'm not sure about a baseball marketing campaign that asks us to "smell the change" and "scratch and sniff" some baseball gear. Dudes that play baseball are usually the first to affectionately refer to themselves as "dirtballs," because they're always jamming clay and pine tar and other goop on their ball caps and stuff. I'd prefer to keep my bacon away from the ball field.

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

I predict a rasher of complaints about this.

And, scratch and sniff is not new in baseball.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Or any locker room for that matter...

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

Seattle Linga's picture

Something tells me that there is a connection here

BuckeyeLaw's picture

What a great marketing scheme to sell gear. Who doesn't want a cap or shirt with bacon on it, mmmhhhhh.

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

I refuse to accept that iron pigs have regular bacon inside of them.  Makes no sense at all.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Earle's picture

Meanwhile, in Lancaster, PA, the Barnstormers are wondering how to put scrapple on a hat.

Italics are for emphasis.

Run_Fido_Run's picture

Scrapple is awesome. Fried crispy on the edges with two eggs over medium.

We should do an 11W poll: Which is tastier - scrapple or corned beef hash?

OSUpawn's picture

I love my bacon..... But I'm not a fan of the smell in the house a few hours later......   

I would have just stopped with the Hat.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.