Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Does Anyone Feel Like Recruiting Isn't as Exciting as it Used to be?

+2 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
November 17, 2016 at 2:00pm
40 Comments

Is it just me or have we become numb to the success Urban Meyer has had with recruiting?

We used to get really upset if we'd lose out on a recruit, but do we now know UM is just going to replace him with another star and find a guy who fits the program? So, it's just not that big of a deal?

We would get psyched when a top player said they had interest in Ohio State, but now the interest shortly dies off.

I feel like there was always this big recruiting vibe when we would get on here (I know some disagree with the site focusing on that), and I am not sure if staffing changes has caused this, but outside of the Hurry Ups, 11W staff would often enter the forums and create topics giving us hints and little messages we'd have to decode. It was fun, right?

Members would always post highlight videos of commits and recruits we're in on, but you don't see it nearly as much anymore. The little recruiting excitement we get now is from crystal ball changes.

Why don't we feel that same tension around recruiting like we did at the end of that special 2013 recruiting class? And what can we do to make it better? I'd like to hear your thoughts!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments