Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Duane Davis on his son's recruitment

+9 HS
teddyballgame's picture
July 13, 2016 at 8:26pm
15 Comments

Duane Davis, the father of 5 star OG Wyatt Davis, gave 247sports an interview on his son's recruitment. Wyatt jumped onto our radar so quickly, I thought it was interesting to hear a little bit about how it happened.  Sounds like it was always going to be either OSU or Bama for him.

Link to the full article

A snippet...

Coach (Urban) Meyer took us personally on the campus tour. He spent the majority of the time there with us. He talked about their life development and what they try to prepare the kids for after graduation. That really resonated with me and with Wyatt. From the first time he met (Buckeyes offensive line) coach (Greg) Studwara everything just clicked with Wyatt. The kicker was they were having a huge country western concert so there were people tailgating so we got a little taste of what Ohio State is like. They took him though the tunnel and when he was standing in that stadium and I was like ‘ok here we go’ and he looked at me and said ‘dad I want to be a Buckeye.’ It was a great trip. All the trips were great but especially for him it was.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments