College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Michigan with the #2 Recruiting Class in the Nation?!?! Did I miss something?!

0 HS
Urbz4President's picture
December 19, 2015 at 10:37pm
77 Comments

Ok folks. So in my downtime (which is greatly expanded right now due to winter break #YesLawd) I spend a good amount of time following recruiting on 247 Sports. I'm on there nearly every day. I know for the better part of the last 6 months, we've been jockeying with LSU as the #1 recruiting class in the nation for 2016. However, I hop on there today and I see that Michigan is now #2 and LSU has slid all the way down to 6th (Source: http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings).

At first, I thought the site was messed up or that I was somehow looking at just the Big Ten rankings. But nope, it would appear that Michigan is legitimately at number two, followed by Ole Miss. 

So in the last 48 hours, what caused such a great shift in the Top 10? I know that Walker committed to TTUN and Gregory Little gave the nod to Ole Miss, but there seems to be a pretty giant shakeup in the rankings. Were new player evaluations released? Or were those two commitments enough to propel those two schools up that high?

Listen, I know that we're all supposed to hate Michigan, rightfully so. And I do just as much as the next guy. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little enthused to see Ohio State and Michigan (respectively, in that order) at the top of the rankings. 

I think the Big Ten is coming back for it's crown, my friends.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments