Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Lakewood St. Edward on ESPN

DCNick's picture
August 31, 2014 at 4:21pm
9 Comments

St. Eds is playing Gilman from Baltimore on ESPN right now. Eds is ranked #10 in the nation. They run a Mike Leach inspired offense and every skill player is a 3 or 4 star recruit. It's pretty crazy.

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

David Dowell, Andrew Dowell, Alex Stump and Shaun Crawford as targets to throw to isn't too bad I guess.

DCNick's picture

Yeah and the QB is a 3 star dual threat.

Locksley, the stud Gilman QB, hasn't thrown much because St. Eds has a couple of 4 star cornerbacks. Nobody is open.

Seattle Linga's picture

Anyone know who won the game - I turned it on with about 15 minutes to go and the game was already over. 

BuckeyeRealist13's picture

St. Eds won, I believe 38-7. St. Xavier also dominated top out of state competition in East St. Louis I believe and St. Ignatious won a game against pretty good out of state comp. as well. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+1 HS
DCNick's picture

St. Eds killed them. The mercy rule went into effect in the 3rd quarter because they were up 30. There was a running clock after that. The breakout player in the game was St Eds junior RB Cole Gest. He ran for 194 yards and 3 touchdowns on 11 carries. It looks like he beat out Andrew Dowell for the starting running back spot. His only offer right now is from Toledo but that will likely change. 5-9 185 lbs. If he grows an inch or two then he will be a very big recruit.

+1 HS
36buck's picture

if he was 14 he might grow an inch or two.

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks guys I appreciate it -- 194 yards - 20 carries - scary scary numbers. This will only increase his stock   

blazers34's picture

They good. Love when ohio represents so well

blazers34's picture

As a side note--no way Kai Locksley plays QB in college, right?