Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Kevin Feder Jumps into Rivals top 100

305Buck's picture
August 18, 2014 at 12:35pm
38 Comments

Huge jump!

Rob Reese's picture

Sorry Miami, looks like you lost a stud.  Solid Urban flip.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+8 HS
305Buck's picture

Before anyone asks, individual position rankings are released on Thursday. There aren't 50 tackles in the top 100.

+17 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Thank god you said that bc I was thinking that exact thing! I was thinking tackle was stacked for sure haha

+6 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I thought the same thing hhaa

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I thought the same thing hhaa

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Freaking man-child.  6'9", 305 lbs. And looks late 20's to early 30's and something from a comic book.  I think I'd go out of my way to stay on his good side. 

+2 HS
Buckeye Colin's picture

the kid is an absolute monster.... 6'9" ?! I kinda feel bad for our QB's there

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head." - Jack Tatum

buckeyeguy0615's picture

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the staff is thinking recruiting that tall on the o-line.

-5 HS
Woodshed's picture

A kid that is 6'9" can ONLY play OL.

Many HOF LT's are ~6'8".

+2 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

It has been brought up in the past as a concern for quarterbacks not being able to see their receivers downfield over their o line. That's the only reason I said that.

305Buck's picture

That would be a legit concern if he was in the middle of the line, but I don't think it's that big of a deal for a Tackle to be that tall.

Woodshed's picture

Most OT's are tall because they inherently have very long arms. Long arms are desirable when going up against speed rushers to keep them away from your body and to force them farther outside so it takes longer to get to the QB.

+2 HS
tdible2132's picture

Still interesting that Hilliard (#49) and Feder (#87) are our only commits in the 100. Surprised to see Cornell not in there. Also find it interesting that Torrance Gibson dropped completely out of the top 100

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Gibson probably dropped because he has us as his leader..

+6 HS
Citrus's picture

Possibility for a huge jump was there with Feder considering last year's injury/ new position. Could move up a bit if he continues his solid play this season.

BTBuckeye's picture

You're automatically a Top 100 prospect if you can bench press a 1992 Buick Roadmaster

You know, Per Rivals and whatnot

+4 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Feder is great do not get me wrong, but I have never agreed with Rivals rankings. These are atrocious in my opinion. Sweat at 5? Gibson and Cornell not in the top 100..? Kyler Murray is all the way down at 54th! I mean really, if you think Gibson and Murray aren't 5 star talents then what is?

+1 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

After GSW & Gray Box, 305 has been killing it with some very informative contributions to the site. Much appreciated. Thank you & keep it up !!!

+4 HS
Bluke221's picture

So am I the only one who thinks that when Kevin Feder is playing, the offensive line becomes the Feder Line?

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+18 HS
jedkat's picture

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+8 HS
Rob Reese's picture

+6 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+7 HS
OkayIllbethe12th's picture

I didn't want to start an entire new thread, but wanted to share this interview that scout.com had with Kevin Feder yesterday.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1480370-osu-commit-feder-glad-to-be-back-on-ol?s=73

"They're gonna have skill at the skilled positions where guys have great skill sets." - Brady Hoke

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Feder's team took down Walker's team last Friday. Walker is a top 10 player, and the #1 RB in the 2016 class.

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

And he has high interest in OSU.

bakerjon's picture

This just in.....stars still don't matter

"He Good!"
"Good and terrible..."

-4 HS
rdubs's picture

But they do correlate to college and NFL success.

+3 HS
Tanner's picture

I can haz the next Jonathan Ogden?

RunEddieRun1983's picture

Excited to see this.  I thought for sheer size and athleticism, he's been undervalued by all the recruiting services.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

gn4011's picture

Does anybody know the tallest football player in history?  I assume that he was an OL.

Buckeye_Forever

Dash Ripprock's picture

I think it was Richard Kiel in the original "The Longest Yard"

+1 HS
gn4011's picture

Thanks!  Did he really play football in college or pro, or was he just an actor playing the role of a football player?

Buckeye_Forever