Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

That moment when 9route.........

Calgarybuck's picture
August 15, 2014 at 10:05am
33 Comments

Somehow got his tweet quoted as a source during an ESPN segment talking OSU football.

What's your favourite 9route moment?

JasonR's picture

I always thought it was funny when he or others referred to him as "Uncle 9er"

+9 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Haha I remember when he referred to himself as Uncler 9er for the first time...after that his nickname was cemented in my mind.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+3 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

The legend of 9Route began when he announced a time for a recruiting news break, we all showed up on the site to see the information, and it turned out to be a giant turd sandwich.....so that's probably my favorite.

+8 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I remember that moment. Ahh... Memories!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Isn't that really his only moment of fame?  If you want to call it fame.

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

This was the moment I said to myself "I bet this guy is a troll."  And then I watched the rest of the site adore him and just didn't get it.  I still don't get it.

Read my entire screen name....

+3 HS
Scott's picture

He was a troll, but he was our troll.

Class of 2008

+8 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

My favorite is when one of his alters talked about her favorite pink lace lingerie. It all makes so much sense now.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Seattle Linga's picture

The fact he had 9 aliases 

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Nice drop of the word Favourite - I love it Calgary I took French for 6 years and I can't get enough.

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Haha, you know it buddy! Go visit montreal, it's Vegas without the gambling and the girls that walk those street...Pardon my french, 
sont incroyables! 

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Calgary you are one righteous dude - Vive la Calgary!

KBonay's picture

I have a chance to go to Montreal in October.  So you are saying I should go, eh?

Calgarybuck's picture

And if you are married 

+1 HS
sharks's picture

When the list of his alts was published.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+5 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Please stop.

What is the obsession with 9Route?  He/it was never that funny or amusing. I never have not will I understand the hubbub about the dude. 

+15 HS
AndyVance's picture

This is blasphemy. Uncle 9Route was amazing.

Actually, for those of us old enough to remember M*A*S*H, The Legend of Uncle 9Route sort of reminds me of the legendary Captain Tuttle

We can all be comforted by the thought that he's not really gone, there's a little Tuttle 9Route left in all of us, in fact you might say that all of us together made up Tuttle 9Route. Our grief will pass, it's already hard to remember how Johnny 9Route talked, how he looked. His little laugh. Thankfully he's left behind a memorial. We salute you Captain Tuttle 9Route."

+5 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Way to poop on everyone's Friday fun...(((((B1G Dump))))) (Did I use the font correctly, Oyster?)

+2 HS
Earle's picture

I'm torn between the time he pretended to be a pilot and landed the 747 and when he impersonated a doctor and delivered those triplets.

As with many things, the Legend of 9er far outstrips the reality.  He was a weird cat, and that weirdness led to several memorable threads, mainly due to the comments of others.  

Dude had a bizarre sense of humor which I appreciated.  I did not appreciate many of his other personae, though KateUptonsLowerBack had his (her?) moments.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+7 HS
AndyVance's picture

Yes, this is pretty much how I feel, too. Uncle 9Route was the best, KateUptonsLowerBack offered a certain... something... and his other personalities were real tools sometimes. I don't miss them at all.

+4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Johnny-Shane-Utah-Falco was quite the tool. Got into a few pretty ridiculous battles back in his day. He was a worthy adversary indeed. His trolling just seemed so... real. Still though, I don't miss him, but dammit if I don't miss Uncle 9er.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Can't the offseason just end now so that forums be full of clamoring for Fickell's firing and bitching about the secondary?  Is that too much to ask?

+10 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I have my Fire Fikell signs ready to go, along with my torches and pitchfork.

+2 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Great trolls don't die, they just get brought up at random times during a dead period in the offseason.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

I have this feeling that there is a troll among us....

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Looks like it's been lost to time (and/or the old site), but I'll go with his first "hey, I have announcement...(you know the drill)" thread. I think it was regarding Jeff Greene.

That or reading his bio for the first time - wasn't there something about hitting a squirrel (sorry SM) with a frisbee? Like Earle stated above, 9er had comedic gifts...just flew too close to sun.

I guess nothing lasts forever, and looking back it was destined to crash and burn, but the guy/girl/flashmob? was masterful.

Memories...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

My favorite moment was when half of these comments were probably made by 9Route. Bless you sir for the dedication to yourself.

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

The Legend of 9Route...just like Brasky...

Except that Brasky was only one make believe person.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+6 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Somehow, I feel somewhat responsible for Uncle 9er's demise...

I was the original guy who mixed it up with his first banned alias, Bucks43201 over his PSU debacles. I ran a software solution from a company I used to work for to search his commenting history and called him out on the carpet for his inaccuracies and contradictions...

From that point on he turned pretty nasty and the banhammer came down soon after, which maybe I partially responsible for Uncle 9er's existence then? I guess if that is the case, I have to take some responsibilities for his less memorable alter egos...

Groveport Heisman's picture

His RickKaneWuzHere sn started a Andrew Mccutchen thread late one night and went on pretty potty mouthed tear. Me and a couple other invested probably a good hour or 2 arguing with him out of boredom. When he was telling people to suck his d!ck and things similar and instantly receiving anywhere from 3-5 upvotes the gig was up. We brought it to Jasons attention because it was ruining what made this site so great. Had no clue it was 9er behind it all but had a list of like 5 of the names that we were fairly solid on. I was actually shocked when Jason posted the sock puppet thread and I seen 9 route on there along with a couple of the others. I'm still not convinced he is gone completely from this site and I would fully expect a guy with his ego and problems to show up in a thread dedicated to himself.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Earle's picture

9Route will never be truly gone as long as we keep him in our hearts.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS