Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Buckeyes Offer Top 2017 Cornerback Deangelo Gibbs

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
August 12, 2014 at 10:28pm
11 Comments

I know, I know, who cares, it's a 2017 kid, yada yada yada, but the Buckeyes became the 14th school to offer Suwanee, Georgia cornerback Deangelo Gibbs when Urban Meyer offered him tonight.

HIGHLIGHTS

Gibbs is another big (6-2, 200) cornerback that can run and hit and he fits the system Chris Ash and Kerry Coombs are hoping to run to a T. The sophomore-to-be attends Peachtree Ridge High School, which is the alma mater of former Buckeyes Cameron Heyward and Bradley Roby. 

Hoping to have more from Gibbs on the offer soon.

Seattle Linga's picture

With some of these larger prospects we could be named the "Legion of Boom Columbus Style"

The Kid covers really well and is a ball hawk

+1 HS
osubuck57's picture

And only a sophomore?? Love the big corner offers with all the tall Wrs there are in the Big Ten and around the country.

SCOTTC.

Groveport Heisman's picture

If the kid is already 6'2 200lbs. and entering 10th grade I have little confidence he will still be idea corner size by the time he enrolls. Maybe a big fast SS with cover skills or an OLB with blazing speed.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Well in that case I don't even want him. 

+4 HS
OSU069's picture

I feel like not everyone will get this sarcasm. Someone already down voted you.

-1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Multiple Sarcasms?

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

Yenots11's picture

I think folks downvote you out of principle sometimes. I see no reason to disagree with this statement. I was thinking the same thing. He could very easily hit 215/220 by the time he graduates. That reads sledgehammer safety material to me. Then, when Coach Mick gets a hold of him...Shazier 2.0 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Go Bucks!! 

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam!"

Knarcisi's picture

Good track record with this school. 

whiskeyjuice's picture

If kids commit this early and over the next few years they don't perform as expected and mix in some off the field bad decisions, can the university take the offer back?

And just want to add that I'm not thinking this kid is a bad apple. Just a curious question with all the early offers lately.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

dubjayfootball90's picture

Birm, it is never too early to tell us about an offer. Hell, give me news on a 2025 offer. I will be pumped since it is the offseason.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

BAR43's picture

If this Kid is already 6'2" and 200lbs, What are the odds he stays a CB?! Assuming he will continue to grow a bit you would think a transition to LB might be in the cards.