Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Carlton Davis S...

Soggy_McMuffin's picture
August 11, 2014 at 9:25pm
54 Comments

Commits to Ohio State!

Sin City Buckeye's picture

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+2 HS
BuckeyesMJ's picture

Check out this interview earlier this year with Carlton. Amazing what Urban and the tOSU coaching staff has done with him. In this interview he didn't even mention OSU in his top 5. He definitely knows what he wants in a school and it looks like he found it @OSU! Welcome aboard Mr Davis.

Enjoy.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SmVDZKgp-E

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Welcome young man and congratulations.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

He looks real good!

Gooz-fra-bah...

rdubs's picture

I have seen both safety and corner for him, any word on how he projects?

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

His offer list says enough about him. Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Notre Dame, Tennesee, etc. 

Thank God we have a coaching staff who can pull in these southern beasts.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3229470/highlights/76096378

Kid is much better than his ranking as shown by his film and offer list.

Swayze's picture

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Ben Edwards, is that you?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+17 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Hellllooooooooo.  You miss me.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+6 HS
bbb's picture

"I've got a girlfriend but I'm still checking things out elsewhere in case something good comes up"

+7 HS
Woodshed's picture

I'm not sure why, but that tweet made me LOL.

+1 HS
Becool12's picture

Good, your offer is committable, but we are still gonna shop it around a bit

+11 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well played sir.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Why the hell would you commit then? That would be like us saying we're going to accept your commitment, but if we find someone better you won't have a spot in our class anymore. 

+10 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

*Cough* MSU and Darius Slade *Cough*

Wait, who said that?

Swayze's picture

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

So as Urban would say were in his Top 3!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
bergy22's picture

Carlton 'Crush' Davis

Fly Patterns's picture

Thus my comment in the post last week about projecting the finish to this class where I said I won't even try to guess because things like this happen.

FtheNCAA's picture

How many spots we got left?

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+2 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

So he committed but hes still shopping around? Why even accept his commitment?

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+4 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Im with you on that one, but atleast he said it up front.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

phxbuck's picture

2015, the year of 3 stars!

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

I wonder if any of these guys will get bumped up?

DIRECTIONER

tunehtraef's picture

11W confirmation or it didn't happen.

Seriously, what is that comment. If that isn't a "save me a place while I look around", I don't know what is!

FitzBuck's picture

It's not like Bama or Tennessee are running out of room.  They still have 20 spots left.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+4 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

Hope to see this soon

+3 HS
EDUGOON's picture

This kid can play! Far better than 3 star rating. He's Ben Edwards 2.0!! And after that tweet he confirmed it. He's on board until he get's off. #GoBucks!!

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

-1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I feel like we say this about all of our 3-star recruits.

+6 HS
phxbuck's picture

So many diamonds in the rough! 

InTressITrust's picture

I was just getting on to complain about our "lack" of commitments recently. O well

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

brandonbauer87's picture

I'm Excited about the commitment, but my emotions are still taking official visits to Confused and Surprised. 

+4 HS
robb1379's picture

Watched his highlight film. What's with the bump tackling? Is this how they're teaching kids these days? It drives me crazy when I see this. Tackling 101....HIT & WRAP!!!!!

+2 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

That will stop when he gets to college. Can you imagine him hitting Johnny Dixon like that in practice?  The kid will bounce right off.  

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Can't help but think about how odd this recruiting cycle has gone.  Nevertheless, looks like the kid can play, and that offer sheet is very tasty.  I'm guessing he projects as a safety?

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture
HilltopHustle's picture

The Bucknuts replies aren't real chipper about this news, that I know. Good lord. We're doomed.

bigDbuck's picture

Won't make nor break this class. Get on or get off pot

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

This doesn't seem like much of a commitment to me. Seems like an extremely soft verbal. 

mtrotb's picture

He was here for FNL.  Must have done well and been impressed.

mtrotb

+1 HS
BuckeyesMJ's picture

My guess is that the kid really likes Ohio State and what the school has to offer. He knows the class is filling up and spots are limited, hence the soft verbal. I'm sure he still wants to make a few visits. I posted a YouTube video at the top of this thread that was recorded earlier this year and he doesn't even mention OSU. Perhaps "The Closer" has him committed. 

Birm, how many times has Carlton been on campus? He said he's looking for a school where education is "mandatory" and has a great fan base. Was he at FN Lights?

FWIW..... Rivals has Carlton committed to OSU.

Gray Box's picture

Davis was offered by Ohio State on May 19th, the day after the video you posted was published, and did attend FNL.

Fly Patterns's picture

I don't like his follow up comment. I'll just say it. Congrats to him on all his offers. He should be very proud of himself. But I'm not going to get that excited about someone who couches his commitment to the best team in the country with those words. If he ends up in the class I'll be 100% behind him just like all the others.

DenBuck's picture

I was psyched UNTIL I read his tweet...

Buckeye For Life

bleedscarlet's picture

I wonder if he was told his commitment was tentative depending on what other targets decide. Not saying he isn't worthy but it may be why he declared he's committed but still open.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
kgab11's picture

Well at least he was honest and said that his recruitment is still open instead of saying he was done only to decommit a month later.