Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

I'm Michael Rockstedt, Eleven Warriors' New Recruiting Analyst, Ask me anything!

Mike Rockstedt's picture
August 8, 2014 at 9:28am
226 Comments

To the best fans of any Ohio State Website, I thank you for welcoming (hopefully) me with open arms to THE Dubs.

My name is Michael Rockstedt and I am Eleven Warriors' new recruiting analyst! I worked for the past couple of months at MenoftheScarletandGray.com so some of you may have read my work over there and I am excited to build on what I have started and also improve and become the best that I can for this site.

I am a Senior at St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, studying to be an accountant.  I live in Wall, New Jersey, half a mile from the Atlantic Ocean. I started following Buckeye football after they beat Miami in the National Championship game.   I absolutely HATED the Hurricanes.  They won everything.  I was not really a follower of College Football then, but when Ohio State beat them I was ecstatic.  The following season, I was watching television, flipped on a football game in passing, noticed those Buckeye leaves on the helmet, and followed them from then on!

I am very excited to work for the staff here and to work for you, the fans! I am going to be sticking around the site for a little as I learn how to do everything, so please ask me anything!  I'd love to hear from you the fans about questions for me or any tips you guys can share, anything at all! BTW, if you want to call me Michael, Mike, or Rock, please do so! Thanks so much guys, and I am so grateful for this opportunity, Go Bucks!

Follow me on twitter if you want also: @M_Rockstedt11W 

jeremytwoface's picture

Ok I have a question... and this is very very VERY important.......

Scotch or bourbon?

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+5 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Scotch. Because, it sounds cooler! Do not drink LIQUOR a lot, still in college, Natty is still the stuff, for the cheaper kind.

jeremytwoface's picture

Ah yeah... I don't think many college students have a scotch budget.

+10 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I like that we can up vote you

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Also a current senior, my biggest mistake in college thus far has been developing a taste for IPA's, scotch and bourbon over the past six months. Now I can't drink the cheap stuff and my bar tabs dwarf those of my friends.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

You had me at "college" and "Natty." 

Welcome!

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Unky Buck's picture

I think this is a more pertinent question...

+3 HS
703Buckeye's picture

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+10 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Ahhhh.... The George Thorogood. Always a good choice.

+4 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Welcome. Just followed you on twitter.  Excited to see what you share with us about our favorite team.

+1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Thank you very much, I appreciate it! I can promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Curt Heinrichs's picture

I can promise you that you won't be disappointed.

bold statement. Follow @curtheinrichs on Twitter and you will likely be disappointed on a regular basis. 

+5 HS
kgab11's picture

I've followed for a while now and I can back up this statement. Welcome to 11W and we look forward to reading your future posts. 

Texasbucksfan's picture

Welcome, Michael

What attracted you to the Buckeye leaf?  Have you ever seen a real buckeye?  

+1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

To be honest, I thought the coolest thing was just that they had them on their helmets.

Ahh Saturday's picture

What did you do to Jordan?

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

I wanted this job so bad, we had a WWE cage match for it. I was the winner.

jeremytwoface's picture

Perfect answer.

+7 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

I like you already.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

Toolface4's picture

Do you smell what the rock is cooking?

+3 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Of course I do!

toad1204's picture

New recruiting analyst....

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+17 HS
buckskin's picture

Automatic Al Bundy up vote. 4 touchdowns at POLK HIGH BABY !

Baroclinicity's picture

Welcome!  Looking forward to your insight!

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+2 HS
MackHall400Series's picture

Shut up... just shut up.... You had me at recruiting analyst.  Welcome aboard!

+7 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Favorite gif?

Chrissy Teigen or Kate Upton?

How much do you love Jennifer Lawrence?

Why are my questions getting longer, did I do this on purpose or just luck?

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

so my favorite gif is the guy clapping, not sure why, just find that funny. Kate Upton by A LOT. Actually to be honest, Jennifer Lawrence pisses me off. Not really sure why, but not her biggest fan. The gifs are cool to look at though! Love the questions!

What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Ooooohh.  JLaw hate not gonna go over well here. Haha.

Welcome aboard.

This is where I insert a gif of her rolling her eyes, if my work didn't filter out everything.

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Jennifer Lawrence pisses me off. Not really sure why, but not her biggest fan

You can see yourself out....

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+23 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Welcome Mike! Glad to see you on here instead of just seeing you on Twitter!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

Here ya go Mike

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+6 HS
bedheadjc's picture

I know you're about four generations away from being a contemporary of "the guy clapping" but just for shits and giggles let me point out that "the guy" is Orson Welles and that's from Citizen Kane.

Welles wasn't very nostalgic but I'd love to see and hear his (surely cynical and humorous) reaction to being known only as "the guy clapping" to anyone under the age of 30.

+5 HS

Considering one of the last things he did was voice that planet eating transformer in The Transfomers movie I'd say he'd probably take it right in stride.

Note:  this is the animated movie from the 80's where they killed off Optimus Prime and ruined my childhood all so they could make new toys. Bastards.

+8 HS
AndyVance's picture

that planet eating transformer in The Transfomers movie

AKA Unicron - and Orson Welles was absolutely perfect in that role. So much great voice work done in The Transformers animated series, though. Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron was also excellent. And the animated movie was excellent - it and the animated G.I. Joe movie were two of my favorites from back in the day. I own both on DVD, and break them out from time to time to reminisce.

+1 HS

Agreed.  But, let us be honest, Citizen Kane to animated kids cartoon movie not even released in theaters…….

I love that movie because Transformers were my favorite and I will not speak ill of it but one of these things is not like the other.

AndyVance's picture

Gene Hackman does Home Depot commercials (or is it Lowes?) and Casey Kasem did Scooby Doo. Not at all unusual for big names to do voice work.

Orson Welles doing frozen peas, on the other hand...

I'd say a lot of those are a case of money talks.  Just look at all the things celebs rep overseas, especially Japan.  They don't look like a bunch of shills in America but rake in the money.  

You know he couldn't have been paid much for this. However, you might have topped my transformers voice-over with your frozen peas. haha.

DaytonBuck1980's picture

Are you kidding me Michael?!?! Talk about being not disappointed....You have a long way to go to dig yourself outta that hole!  Welcome aboard, looking forward to it. 

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+10 HS
OSU069's picture

What's this from? Some modeling thing I'm assuming? 

DaytonBuck1980's picture

Not sure where they came from but I found it on DJ's favorite site, The Chive. Here's a boatload more... Apologies to your wife in advance.... http://thechive.com/2014/07/08/silliness-aside-jennifer-lawrence-can-be-...

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+4 HS
OSU069's picture

Lol. I'm a little too young to be married, but thanks for the link,

oh_dad55's picture

I just became a Jennifer Lawrence fan.  Whoo!

Oh_Dad

+1 HS
oh_dad55's picture

I just became a Jennifer Lawrence fan.  Whoo!

Oh_Dad

+1 HS
oh_dad55's picture

What's with the double posts?  When you save a comment, it should disappear.

Oh_Dad

InvertMyVeer's picture

I know for me if I reload the page (either by refreshing or hitting back) after submitting a comment it will resend the comment, perhaps this is what happened to you too? Hope that helps.

Football is complicated...

+1 HS
TMac's picture

Welcome Rock!  Now anazlyze our position with Josh Sweat, impress the heck out of me.......go

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

I think Ohio State has just as good a chance as the remaining teams on the official visit list. But do I think he is going to come here? No. Hopefully I can have more times to impress you, that was just to the point!

Sebastian's picture

The meaning of Life?  How do you split the nucleus of an atom? Do you think Raekwon Mcmillan should start?

+2 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

"Ask me anything" he says... OK, then, here you go.

Are you a git?

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

Mike Rockstedt's picture

I sure don't think so, and hopefully after reading some of my work, you don't feel that way.

Whoa Nellie's picture

My question is:  Who is Archie Griffin?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Mike Rockstedt's picture

No Who is Kirk Herbstreit, What is Archie Griffin.

RK84's picture

Deep fried twinkie or deep fried snickers?

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Twinkie, For the Win!

TheBadOwl's picture

Had deep fried Buckeyes at the state fair last week, hot damn those are incredible.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
RK84's picture

Oh man, how did I miss those, that sounds like a little piece of heaven. Im all for just about anything deep fried. A bar where I grew up had the best deep fried burgers I have ever had.

+1 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

OOOH! Another question... do you have a friend named Bebopt?

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+3 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

He is my best friend!

BroJim's picture

SJU? That aint Philly. Not a good start, Mike.

Lol, welcome aboard. Im looking forward to your work.

I season my simple food with hunger

-1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

It is considered Philly, but yes I know, it is on the outskirts. A little easier than saying outskirts of Philly lol.

BroJim's picture

Ugh. . . I will curb my distaste for SJU for your sake.

I season my simple food with hunger

-1 HS
GreatLakesBeer's picture

How many awards do you think Ryan Styles should of won for Hot Shots Part Deux

If you will it dude, it is no dream

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Oh, wow, tough question. 2.

buckeyedude's picture

First time I've seen this GIF. Perfect placement, Buckguyfan1.

Killer nuts's picture

Did they give you access to the lounge yet?

+4 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

No, They said I need to earn it.

buckeyedude's picture

See, that's just like WWUFM(What Would Urban Frickin' Meyer)do? Nothing is given here.

Quick, everyone upvote the new guy before they take the ability away.

Mike,

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

+7 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

That is jibberish to me, but I'll take a guess. 7.

If you had asked European or African that would have been perfect.  Instead your answer just confirmed that I am getting old.  First chance you get, please watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Once done, watch it again.

Edit:  Now I have pulled up Monty Python quotes and I am cackling at my desk while I read them in the correct accents.  I'm getting strange looks and so much for getting anything done today.

+11 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

That's a movie my dad has been trying to get me to watch for a while now haha.

jeremytwoface's picture

Not sure who "my had" is, but you should follow their advice and watch the movie.

EDIT: Awe why did you have to go and edit your post? Now my post isn't funny :(

+5 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

You are hereby required to watch Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Then you'll know the crucial differences in the air speed velocity of an African vs. European swallow (laden or not). And you'll have a leg up on our silliness here at 11W. Welcome aboard.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

Young_Turk's picture

Dennis!  There's some lovely filth down here.

Listen to your father, young man. 

Are you 9Route?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+18 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

is 9route even 9route?

That's something 9Route would say.

+37 HS
Earle's picture

He fits the profile:  Self-styled recruiting expert with a Pennsylvania IP address.  We'll be watching you, Mike (if that is even your real name).

Italics are for emphasis.

+23 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

It's not something I would say.

+6 HS
Gametime's picture

Fido....these subtle hints again man...

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+4 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Maybe I am not the "real," one and only 9Route. So, by claiming, "it's not something I would say," I am trying to convince you that I am not 9Route.

Or, maybe I am 9Route and I am telling BuckeyesVsTheWorld, "no, I, 9Route, wouldn't say something so silly."

Or, maybe I am 9Route, but something that 9Route would say is that he wouldn't say something that he did indeed say.

But, I can assure you, I wouldn't do that, either.

+10 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

nuts!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Maybe I am not the "real," one and only 9Route. So, by claiming, "it's not something I would say," I am trying to convince you that I am not 9Route.

Or, maybe I am 9Route and I am telling BuckeyesVsTheWorld, "no, I, 9Route, wouldn't say something so silly."

Or, maybe I am 9Route, but something that 9Route would say is that he wouldn't say something that he did indeed say.

But, I can assure you, I wouldn't do that, either.

+7 HS
Bluke221's picture

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

This whole conversation is awesome....

+6 HS
Gametime's picture

ElevenWarriors.com ~ "Where Amazing Buckeye Fans Happen."

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Hoke or Bert in a hot dog eating contest?

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Bert, Hoke seems like he can't eat fast, just eats a lot. He is more of a sit in the restaurant for five hours guy.

TUNBUCK89's picture
+3 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Welcome, Rock. Look forward to reading your pieces and keeping us informed with what is going on. No question from me, just thanking you in advance for satiating my (our) need for football and recrutiing news. Welcome aboard, young man (good lord that makes me feel old).

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Thanks so much. excited to be a part of the team!

blocko330's picture

Have you ever been to C-Bus?? If so, favorite place in the city?

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Never been to Columbus, nor an Ohio State game, HOME or AWAY. That hopefully is going to change now they they play Maryland in the Big Ten and Rutgers (every year) in the Big Ten.

Eye27's picture

I spend a couple of weeks in Lavallette at the shore every summer.  I will give you a ride and drop you off in Columbus on my way back through.  You should not be deprived any longer.

By the way, if you ever get over to the Lavallette boardwalk, look for my family's "Go Bucks" message in the fundraiser boards they did after Sandy.  It's at the end of Philadelphia Avenue.

+1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Welcome aboard, Mike. Do you hate Penn State?

+1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Not the biggest fan, Franklin is annoying.

JasonR's picture

Whose side did you take in the David Lee Roth/Van Halen split?

Who would win in a wrestling match - Lemmy, or God?

EDIT: And, welcome aboard!

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Lee Roth. God, and thanks!

luckynutz's picture

Thats a trick question....Lemmy is God!

+2 HS
JasonR's picture

A lot of the posters here may be too young to have seen Airheads. Such a shame.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109068/

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

A lot of the posters here may be too young to have seen Airheads

I guess that's better than being too old to have seen Airheads. :(

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Favorite recruit you have covered recently?

Favorite All-Time Buckeye?

Favoriate Current Buckeye?

Will the Pass D improve?

+1 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

All of them have been Great to be honest!

Beanie Wells is my favorite all time.

my favortie current is Dontre.

it better improve!

jeremytwoface's picture

Hmmm... Why is the word "Great" capitalized???

Are you dropping subtle hints about the next recruit to commit?? Torrence Gibson??!!

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.....

+6 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Welcome Michael!

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

How do you feel about being called ROCKSTEADY around these parts?

+3 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

That's a good one too! I accept.

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Earle's picture

Paul Rodgers approves.

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS

How good are you at dealing with anxiety bc you just picked up thousands of fanatic suckers, like myself, that will hang on your every word?

For real though, WELCOME, brother man

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

Is it really always sunny in Philadelphia?

+5 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Trust me it's the complete opposite, wrong name for the television show haha

buckeyeradar's picture

Welcome Rock.  In Texas we deep fry everything, what's your favorite deep fried food?

Buckeye in Texas

buck i's picture

Would you rather fight a Brutus-sized duck or 100 duck-sized Brutuses (Bruti)?

+6 HS
JasonR's picture

Great question, I am also curious about this.

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Both, at the same time.

buckeyefutbol's picture

If I fought 100 duck sized Bruti, I would be laughing the entire time. They would either be really adorable or incredibly frightening.

"Lets beat the s*** out of M*******" -Urban Frank Meyer

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Well this convo went fowl pretty quickly

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

LMAO @ ^^^^!

+1 HS

Wait...doesn't another staff member usually introduce a new addition?

Did we just get duuuuuped?

+1 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

Damn good question. And he said he's from Wall, New Jersey. Wall is in South Dakaota. Everyone knows that. 

Let's give him the Spanish Inquisition. No one expects that.

(Another Monty Python reference again, Rock.)

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Welcome aboard, dig the Philly representation.

In case you missed it, the masses ask a good deal of questions. Most should, should I say, be recruiting related. Some are not.

That's ok...just symptoms of a cruel and unusually long off-season.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
buck i's picture

Better OSU QB: Shane Falco or Johnny Utah?

+6 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The answer is simple, but not always obvious...

+5 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Shane, easy man.

Hovenaut's picture

Utah beat SC in the Rose Bowl...Footsteps fumbled away the Sugar Bowl against FSU.

Falco did land the better, uh, sidekick though...

+5 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I don't know, when Lori Petty was young she was pretty hot. Lets just say, I wouldn't say no to either. Plus I think Brooke in the Replacements gets an advantage for wearing a cheerleaders outfit.

can't get a picture of Lori to post but she is pretty hot.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Oakland Buckeye's picture

here's your hot Lori Petty pic....

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Time hasn't been kind to Tank Girl...

(Apologies to Squirrel Master)

+1 HS
Boom777's picture

Does anyone remember ICE T in that movie?!

Wherever you are, there you be!

buckeyeboy31's picture

I always wondered what happened to Squints Pallidoris after he kissed Wendy Peffercorn

+1 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Welcome, I am disappointed that I was not chosen for the position, but that usually happens when you don't apply. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

GO BUCKS!

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Should BUCKSFAN change his icon?

+9 HS
brumon's picture

Not trying to be a dick, but do you see your location (ie: not Columbus) as a hurdle to doing recruit analysis? Or is location negligible to your job? Just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth on this site!

+4 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Not a bad question at all and I'm glad you asked. Not at all, actually, Birm lives in Arizona, and I think he does a pretty good job haha. But this shouldn't have anything to do with that.

niblick's picture

Ya got big shoes to fill homie!! Welcome aboard!

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

Welcome, Mike!

Are you going to be a general recruiting analyst, or specialize on a geographic region, etc.?

Also, can you give us some crystal ball predictions on some of the current 2015 OSU targets like:

Damien Harris

Josh Sweat

Van Jefferson

Torrance Gibson

etc.

Thanks!

Mike Rockstedt's picture

I am getting crystal balls soon. But i can give you one of those, Damien Harris- Ohio State.  You are going to have to check back for the others! And I'm a general recruiting analyst. It is obviously going to be easier to see the East Coast guys those in person, but a general analyst.

GoBucksToledo's picture

Hope getting those crystal balls doesn't hurt.

+10 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

Only if they break.

ScarletAndGrayAllDay's picture

Careful with those crystal balls...

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

Do you actually pronounce your last name like ("Rock-Sted-Tee"; like "Rocksteady") or is it more like (Rock-Stedt; like "Rock Stead")? 

Mike Rockstedt's picture

It is Rockstedt pronounced like Rock-Stead.

Gametime's picture

Rocksteady it is...

+5 HS
Woodshed's picture

Steady rockin all night long....

+2 HS
buckeyeradar's picture

ROCK ON DUDE!

Buckeye in Texas

gumtape's picture

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

BHT's picture

Welcome to the greatest sports website on the interwebs. One question: who is your favorite Buckeye football player?

Mike Rockstedt's picture

My favorite Buckeye football player: Dontre Wilson.

Calgarybuck's picture

Have you reached out or connected with any recruits as of yet?

Oldschoolbuck's picture

Welcome aboard, Mike. 

Ok: classic rock , jazz, blues, hip hop, classical, indie?

DrSpaceman's picture

Hint:

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+5 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Will you create a page that lists the Twitter handles for all Ohio State prospects so we can start Tweeting them?

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Welcome to Buckeye land, Mike.

Unky Buck's picture

Welcome aboard, Mikey. And yeah, I'm just going to call you Mikey as noted in my comment up above.

OSUStu's picture

Why do I have the ability to upvote and downvote you?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

GoBucksToledo's picture

Welcome Mike.  Spent time outside Philly myself, in Strafford.  Great place and miss the cheesesteaks.  Do we get Gibson.  That is all.

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

I fart in your general direction.

+1 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

Pat's or Geno's?

"Because we couldn't go for three"

JasonR's picture

I believe the correct answer here is "neither".

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Don't you also have a 11w screen name

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
saltybuck61's picture

I was wondering the same thing. I recall a user several months back with a user name of M followed by a bunch of numbers. He wrote a sample piece and got picked up by Men of the Scarlet and Gray. He seems to fit the description. Pretty cool that a member of the community became a recruiting analyst.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

So, counting me, that's three users who pay attention

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
brutal_brutus's picture

Welcome aboard Mike.

Funny I say this - I am a new member and this is my first comment - but an appropriate one I guess.

+1 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

Welcome to 11W, personally my favorite site for all of my Buckeye news. I have two questions first...

1) I am about to complete my obligation to the Army and am seriously considering going back to school for accounting. What should i know before making my final decision, what are some of the challenges of trying to complete that degree?

2) Where you are from in Jersey, how far is that from Toms River? My best friend in the Army, who actually got out today and is heading back there is from Toms River.

---Go Bucks, and welcome aboard.

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+1 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Do you make love in any other places besides "twenty minutes from toms river"?  Or do you just love being 20 minutes from said river?  And if so, in which direction, may I ask?

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Welcome, Mike. I read your stuff on MotSaG and thought you would be great here as an analyst. I thought that you added good insight in your conversations with recruits. And I remember some of your posts here, as well. 

After following this thread, I think I know TOO much about you.

+2 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

I lived in Jersey for 5 years....Love the shore!..Welcome aboard!

Rob Reese's picture

Welcome, Mike.  Looking forward to your stuff.   We'll be watching.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Welcome, Mike. I'll forgive the JLaw thing only if your recruiting news one day crashes the site like it did with Hilliard and Cornell. We need more days like that.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

KBonay's picture

Late to the party, but WELCOME all the same.  Been following your twitter recently and you have insightful information and seem to have a nice rapport with the recruits & their families.  Glad to have you officially onboard.

+1 HS
The Butler's picture

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Southpark or Family Guy?

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Didn't ask me, but South Park .  Been hooked on the Regular Show lately.

+1 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

so funny

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
BuckToAsT's picture

Recruiting analyst, eh? I need to know how much weight to give your predictions.  

Quick; what is your midi-chlorian count? (Without looking it up.)

cajunbuckeye's picture

Wow. I really thought I would get the call to be the next 11W recruiting guru. Congrat's Rock...

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

There is absolutely nothing in your bio that even comes close to qualifying you as anything but a hack. Fake Buckeyes need not apply...I bet you've never even played a game of organized football in your life. (MOD EDIT - Stay classy, Buckeye).

-11 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

I appreciate your opinion and you are right, I have never played a game of football besides backyard football. Thanks for your opinion though.

My opinion is fact. Let me be strait forward. What qualifies you be be a  football recruiting analyst? Forget about the "love" you have for tOSU just because of a fucking helmet sticker. This is big boy football...you are in way over your head.

-12 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

I'm assuming Mike was hired with Birm's blessing and that's good enough for me. At least wait to see how he does a little bit to judge the guy. Welcome to the site Mike, looking forward to seeing your posts!

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Renegade you need to calm down a tad and cut the guy some slack. While I too don't appreciate bandwagon fans and have a pure hate for most of the NY/NJ teams Mike has listed on his bio, the guy means well and has been doing a good job so far. I remember when he posted his entrance article on here that he was using as basically a tester piece to show The men of scarlet and gray that he was worth a shot. We can't look down upon others because they didnt grow up in Columbus or play high level football. Buckeye Nation is the greatest fan base on Earth because of young fellows like Mike. He watched us take down a highly hated and rated hurricane team and fell in love. He has been posting on this site for sometime and if he wants I'm sure he wouldnt hesitate to show his other screen name. We all have to start some place man and this place right here seems to be a launching pad for young talented people. And I'm sure the staff here are not going to appreciate your response to so I'd maybe think about apologizing and editing your comments. We all should be brothers in arms and this doesnt represent our fan base very well.Trying to be helpful that is all.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS

I understand where you are coming from. But an apology should be coming from the 11W staff for hiring somebody who knows nothing about football to be a recruiting analyst. How can you possibly analyze a recruit if you don't even understand the game? I mean seriously dude...I am so much more qualified than this guy in my sleep.

-10 HS
Hovenaut's picture

If there are any apologies due here, it should be from you.

Take it up with the staff via direct contact, versus thumping your chest on the guy's introductory thread.

You're offering nothing constructive or respectful here.

+5 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Is that because Bill Kurelic was a Parade All-American? Because Bill Greene had 45 FBS offers, Marc Givler was an all-state safety or Alex Gleitman played in the Army All-American Bowl?

What an incredibly dumb thing to say.

SOF_Buckeye's picture

Renegade/9route, whatever your background; did you get turned down for this gig or one at MotSaG? What high level of play, coaching, or writing do you have that makes you an expert to assess 'Rock'? Someone needs a hug or a timeout.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

You have got to be kidding, Renegade.

Make your choice to read or not read any site content. But your comments here are out of line.

+8 HS

No doubt. I played some college football, was honorable mention All-Ohio, was honored for football/academics in the Columbus area with a dinner that was attended by Archie Griffin-Randy Gradishar & then Columbus mayor Lashetcka (not bragging) and there is little doubt Rock knows more about the recruiting circuit, than I.
Happy to hear what he has to say.
Go Bucks!

+2 HS

Evidently, I am not aware of the new analysts bona fides...please inform me before I make any future errors.

-10 HS

Having played football doesnt qualify me for his job, and having not played doesnt make him unqualified.
Not following 11W commenting policy will make you unqualified to drop future "F" bombs on the staff of a free site.

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Wow, Renegade. What's your deal? Life is short, don't be a dick.

+3 HS
Boom777's picture

This isn't Fox sports or ESPN! I can see where you may question his background but tact will get you a little farther. 

Wherever you are, there you be!

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Nothing wrong with how he became a Buckeye fan.  If he is a "normal" college age student, he would have been about 10 when he watched the Buckeyes in Arizona.  That's roughly when I became a big Buckeye fan (age of 9-10, 1997 Rose Bowl).  I'm from Cincinnati and was surrounded by UC fans growing up, and now I'm all in as a Buckeye, similar to him.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS

Come on Renegade..... uncalled for language. If you must state your skeptical opion, based on nothing, try to at least be polite.
Ive never went to cullinary school, but I can cook.

+4 HS
Woodshed's picture

This guy is mad.

+2 HS

I'm not mad. Just honest. Let's just hope he doesn't pretend to be a heart surgeon next. 

-11 HS
Woodshed's picture

You are bad at the internet.

and yes, you are mad.

+2 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Mike's done a great job with MotSG developing relationships with recruits, their parents and coaches and will be a valuable asset to the 11W recruiting team. He's relentless and an incredibly hard worker and I'm looking forward to working with him.

InvertMyVeer's picture

#BOOM

+2 HS

He's an intern at best. C'mon Birm...don't insult me anymore.

-10 HS
Nappy's picture

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?  Seriously, go start your own website.  I'm sure it'd be just a joy to read.  Quit being a dick.

Fan of bacon since 1981

+5 HS
AndyVance's picture

He's an intern at best. C'mon Birm...don't insult me anymore.

Let's take a look at your entire line of invective here. You've got a hard-on because you don't like the new guy's resume. Fine. But here's the reality of the situation: 11W has been pretty darn good at this recruiting coverage thing, which is more about being a good reporter than it is about being an Xs and Os wizard. Oh, and look at all the guys making bank at other subscription-based sites because they cut their teeth here first. The staff has a knack for finding guys who turn out to be pretty good recruiting analysts.

Back to the bridge, Renegade.

+5 HS
Son of Sevenless's picture
+1 HS
Taspra's picture

Been following Mike on Twitter for awhile now. Frankly, he is pretty darn good at this recruiting stuff.

Welcome aboard Mike!

+2 HS

I actually really love this "AMA" idea. I think I'll do one tomorrow or Sunday.

buckeyeboy31's picture

I hope nobody goes psycho on you like they did the new guy, yikes

+1 HS
Nappy's picture

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE QUALIFIED?!

Fan of bacon since 1981

+7 HS
WiliestBuckeye's picture

I love how  Birm watches the new guy get torn a new one and  goes,  "well that looks like fun!" He probably had the entire thread in mind when he said that, but the order of events is still quite hilarious to me.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

I refuse to let one bad irrationally-pissed-off-and-almost-certainly-lubricated apple spoil the whole bunch. 'Twas a great thread otherwise.

collards's picture

It seems that you have spent too much time at the Circus.

Drive in of course. 

Collards

buckeyedude's picture

I guess this is part of the B1G's 11W's move to the east? Welcome aboard, Mike Rockstedt. And just ignore the nutjob fans among us, whomever they cheer for.

Buckeye in Illini country's picture
This is the only answer

OR

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

BuckeyeNTexas's picture

Oprah, Barbara Walters, and your woman. You gotta bang one, marry one, and kill one, Go

Yesterday' home runs, don't win today's games"

+1 HS