Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Five-star Texas LB Malik Jefferson

Sebastian's picture
August 4, 2014 at 7:36pm
17 Comments
whiskeyjuice's picture

I dig it 

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+8 HS
irishfury's picture

Dude is a freak athlete.  Scored on of the highest sparqs ever.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Terry Mclaurin remains unimpressed 

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Interesting that none of those three have any crystal ball predictions on 247. I wonder if he's the type of guy who's been really quiet about recruitment and people are just totally guessing about who his favorites are, or if he's not as worried about planning officials to the Texas schools he's considering since they are close to home.

lljjgg's picture

That was my first thought as well. Have to think it's the distance element being that he's supposedly really high on A&M and UT, would be unusual if he just now dropped them.

OSU069's picture

He probably wants to see other places in the US for his officials. He can just drive to the schools in Texas.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I hate going head to head with Stanford for any recruit. Its one of the only colleges out there that I highly respect and if my son had an offer to play there or at tOSU it would be a very hard decision. Oh and of course they play Stanford football which I think I've heard is most certainly the best football on the planet.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I went to OSU and loved it, but Stanford's campus is one of the most beautiful in America. Between that, them offering a great education, and them having a good football team, I am inclined to agree with you. It would be a hard choice.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Is it because of the trees?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

OSU069's picture

Stanford is a great school. However, my heart would win out in the end.

+4 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

I live in the Bay Area and have attended many Stanford games.  The reasons you list that a kid would pick Stanford makes sense and is quite logical.  But from a wow factor there can be no comparison.  The stadium is much smaller and rarely filled.  I went to a couple non conference games last year and paid $4 per ticket on stubhub.  Maybe 30 percent filled.  Just not as passionate about football on the West Coast as in Ohio.  Compare a night game experience at the Shoe versus something at Stanford and its not even in the same league emotionally.  

+4 HS
toad1204's picture

FWIW his CB reads ATM, TX and Baylor, with ATM out front with 63% including some of 11ws own recruiting staff.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I will burst into tears of happiness if Urban can make Jefferson a part of this class

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Kid is a lock to stay in Texas, IMO.

Obviously getting an official can change things but it would be an absolute shock to everyone if he left that state.

Reminds me of Tony Brown last year. Cool to get an official, but everyone knew he was Alabama or LSU.

Would be an amazing replacement for Baker though.

+1 HS
bucks15's picture

Very good points, but I will make the point Meyer has had the tendency to lose players and replace them with even better ones.  Not saying this will be the case here, but it is enough to make me optimistic.   

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It's great to see that we are in so many athletes top five list. Going to be a fun ride that's for sure.