Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

11W community interview questions for Jashon Cornell...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
July 29, 2014 at 1:32pm
29 Comments

Taking questions for Jashon Cornell from now until Thursday evening. Let's have 'em.

KansasBuckeye's picture

At what point did you truly decide you were going to be a Buckeye?  How much did Justin Hilliard's decision play into yours?

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

We all know that you and Hilliard are pretty tight, have you established any other relationships with any other commits?

+2 HS
Gametime's picture

Out of your remaining recruiting targets who have interest in the Buckeyes, if YOU could choose who you'd line up with in the next 3-4 years in the trenches, who would you want going to battle with you?

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+9 HS
BassDropper's picture

Taking Justin Hilliard out of the equation, what ultimately sold you on being a Buckeye?

DIRECTIONER

+6 HS
Killer nuts's picture

What was your experience at the Opening like? Which coaches stood out to you? Which fellow players stood out to you? What did you take away from the experience?

+2 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

If you were to script a dream start in your first year as a Buckeye, what would it look like (not limited to football)?

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Do you picture yourself as a DT or are you striving for the more glorified SSDE spot? Have the staff told you where they want you at on the line yet?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Larry Johnson is a new addition to the OSU coaching staff this year. His resume speaks for itself as far as coaching and developing defensive linemen. Describe your relationship with Coach Johnson and what you are looking forward to most when it comes to learning from and playing under him.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

DId you realize that combining commitments with Justin Hilliard for 10-star Wednesday would cause a #BOOMquake and break the venerable 11w website?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+8 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Obviously, the terrific current state of the Buckeye program played a role in your choice.  How important to you was the Ohio State history,  tradition and legacy it has in all of CFB in making your selection?

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

What college/pro player do you think your playing style is most like and who do you try and model it after? 

What is one area of your game that you feel like you need to improve on before coming to Ohio State?

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

How close are you with other members of the #elite15 class? Who else are you recruiting to be apart of that class?

+2 HS
BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

What is one thing about you that we do not know but would be surprised to know about you?  (ex. bake well, play birdie golf, have a crush on the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence, etc.)

In Urban We Trust

+1 HS
NObuck-I-inTEAM's picture

Are you down, down, down, down, down with Ohio State?

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

What goals do you have for your senior season and do you plan to enroll early?

I season my simple food with hunger

+5 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Do you see yourself eventually becoming a DT in college similar to what Adolphus Washington did?

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

What's your go-to snack food and do you have a preferred nickname?

+3 HS
apack614's picture

Do you plan on getting any tattoos?

On a second thought nevermind

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
OscarSierraUniform's picture

Jashon, welcome to the Buckeye family.  Are you reaching out to any other recruits and talking with them about joining you at The Ohio State University?

See ball, get ball.

MN Buckeye's picture

As a young man growing up in Minnesota, how did you develop an interest in Ohio State? Can you compare the level of high school football there to other places?

+2 HS
Kid Buckeye's picture

Are you going to go to any Buckeye games this year?

OSUpawn's picture

Do you like to play other sports? What are your favorite pro sports teams?

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

JDunc686's picture

What do you feel is your biggest strength on the football field right now, and what do you feel you most need to work on?

RenegadeBuckeye's picture

What did you like the most/least about the recruiting process?

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Other than the OSU campus and the football family, is there any other aspect of Columbus that made it easy for you to decide to play your college football here? For example, the great City of Columbus and all it has to offer possibly? :)

Thanks and welcome to Ohio State

buckguyfan1's picture

Jashon, what would be the ultimate dream play for you as an Ohio State Buckeye and who would it be against?  

+1 HS
bergy22's picture

Many current players are involved with community service projects away from football. Is there a meaningful project that you have been involved with or plan on being apart of?

+1 HS
ELJTSA76's picture

Welcome to the Buckeye family Jashon!

I see you working the other recruits out there and doing a great job. Question is what do you think about an ELITE 15 DL class of yourself, Gallimore, Wilkins, and Sweat?  Amazing, and possible . . . Have you been in contact with any of these guys, specifically Sweat? You two would be incredible bookends, and anchors for a championship calibur defensive line!

Ahh Saturday's picture

You have been an active recruiter for the Buckeyes (and thank you for that) since your own commitment.  Do you find it easier or harder to recruit a prospect that is a close friend?