Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Christian Kirk dominating...

Buck my Nuts's picture
July 9, 2014 at 9:49pm
49 Comments

Looks to be the best receiver at The Opening. Very fluid when running his routes and always catches the ball with his hands away from his body. Hope we find a way to get him come February! 

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Hope we find a way to get him come February! 

Ditto. 

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+14 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Double that ditto.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+26 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture
+1 HS
bbb's picture

The best receiver at the opening? That would be awesome, but I've heard little mention of it, most comments are about Ridley. What makes you say that

+2 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Just my own observations after watching him in action. Always seems to get open. Scored 2 tds, made catches short and deep, and was definitely the main target of his qbs.

again, just my own humble opinion, but he looks damn good.

+1 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Can't believe I'm saying this, but A&M has a lot going on right now. Here in Texas 5 years ago we were talking about the trash program they were. One player later they are the it school. 

+2 HS

Jorvorskie Lane?

+4 HS
Habu71's picture

I loved watching him play. Thought he'd end up in the league but never saw him land on a roster. Was like a much larger Jerome Betis. Not to mention having Jorvirskie as a first name.

UFest57's picture

I know he was in Miami's camp a few years ago. I'm not sure if he made the 53 man roster. 

Byaaaahhh's picture

Meanwhile Texas is struggling to regain elite status. I don't pay that much attention to them, and maybe I just haven't noticed, but I would say they are on a major downswing. New staff might resurrect them.

KingsRite's picture

Beam me freakin up Scotty!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Kirk was awesome. If he could only shut Trent Dilfer up.

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I didn't like that he was on the same team as Kyler Murray.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

Kirk and Ridley were hands down the two best receivers all day.

bbb's picture

what's your take, is kirk committing to the good guys?

305Buck's picture

Will be tough but seems like we're one of his top choices with A&M.

I think in the end Ohio State will win out for three reasons, 1. He is building a great relationship with Smith and Meyer even calling Meyer the type of coach he wants to play for, 2. He has been quoted saying he wants to be like Percy Harvin, and 3. Johnnie Dixon is all over him and I'm sure we all know the ending once Dream 14 gets involved.

+1 HS
bbb's picture

I can't argue with that logic, however I don't want to get my hopes up

+1 HS
305Buck's picture
+2 HS
305Buck's picture
+2 HS
305Buck's picture
+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

What do they mean.....I speakuh no tweetish

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+6 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Basically just Johnnie saying he really wants Christian.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

CK needs to be a Buckeye and I think we got the right recruits in his ear all week.

KBonay's picture

I think Birm has a man-crush on Kirk

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I've said it a few times: I think Christian Kirk is the best receiver in the country and it's not even close. He's uncoverable. He may not have "track speed" but no one can catch him on the football field, he catches everything and he's built like a tank. Combine his physical tools with his work ethic, mental approach to the game and the fact that he's completely atypical of most WRs in terms of drama and prima donna antics and he's a no doubt, can't miss kid in my opinion.

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Birm, I'm only watching the 7-on-7 on TV, but it looks as if he is, literally, not sweating.

Is he human?

+3 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Yeah but what have you done to get his commitment?

Brutus' Left Nut's picture

In the past you've also said that Gibson, if he decided to play receiver, would be the best receiver in the country.  So out of pure curiosity, if Gibson decided to play receiver how would he stack up next to Kirk?

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

It's the Arizona connection. Either that or we can trust Birm and realize that Kirk is a baller

bleedscarlet's picture

noticed the shabby art and on a closer look the blurry "eleven warriors"....

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

even the 11w photographs are superior to any other schools or fan bases attempts at photoshop

+4 HS
AndyVance's picture

Wow, that's really sleazy to steal a watermarked photo and then do a crappy photoshop of another team. (That said, this guy looks like a random A&M fan, not a TAMU staffer.)

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

A must get but it concerns me when he says things like  the sec is arguably the best and I want to play against the best. Of course he could play for us against them in the playoff but It wasn't meant that way. Hope he has had a change of heart. Could be those kind of words came from whose reporters he was speaking to. GO BUCKS

sivaDavis's picture

Think he is A&M's to lose but never count out Urban. Especially when he has in game recruiters like Hilliard and Cornell.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

ECSAGESTER's picture

It is slightly frustrating that we don't have a QB out in Oregon to help with the recruiting. Hilliard may be the leader of the class, but I'm sure Kirk is thinking about who is going to be getting him the ball when he's in school. I like Burrow and think he's a good QB, just wish he was in Oregon to help Hilliard and Cornell with Kirk. 

+2 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

I've been thinking the same thing. In the same way that Cornell and Hilliard wanted a "Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis" combo, I wouldn't doubt an athlete of Kirk's caliber is hoping for a "Jerry Rice and Joe Montana" combo. I love Joey and Collier, but neither of them are blockbuster names, not yet at least. 

Obviously, there's more to the kid's recruitment than having a big name QB at the Elite 11 with him, but it certainly would make me feel better!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

ECSAGESTER's picture

Question for Birm, which coach is in charge of Kirk's recruitment? Would it be Herman because he's in Texas and is closest? Or is Smith on it because he's the WR coach, regardless of Kirk being outside his region? With Smith being the B1G recruiter of the year last year, I hope Smith is in charge. 

tussey's picture

Kirk is from Arizona, so my guess is Smith.

ECSAGESTER's picture

Regionally speaking, Herman is closer. That was my point. I hope you're right though, if Smith can go to Southern Florida and pluck Dixon, I have faith he can go to Arizona and get Kirk. 

sivaDavis's picture

Birm. Birm is his recruiter.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I can agree with Kirk being the best but everything I have seen from Ridley has been utter ridiculous! The catch he made on Tuesday in one on ones still blows my mind!

so to say Kirk is better than Ridley tells me he MUST become a future buckeye!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

whiskeyjuice's picture

But if he is not a buckeye, can our cb's cover him?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Sorry if this has been posted...but does Kirk have a commitment time frame?

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

Gray Box's picture

He hopes to decide in November. He likes coach Smith and has a good relationship with Dixon and Raekwon:

+1 HS