Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Travis Waller to Oregon per Birm

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture
July 1, 2014 at 1:43pm
33 Comments

And there's the end of that discussion...

jamesrbrown322's picture

So the Buckeyes aren't going to offer him then?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+14 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Well that saves us from him to ND. Everything still looking good for tomorrow.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's what I was thinking...a bit of a sigh of relief.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

...the Gibson threads are alive...

Hate Week runneth over

+8 HS
EwanJobi's picture

Almost makes you think he did that because Ohio State is still holding out for Gibson.

+1 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

What happened to 10am tomorrow?

Woodshed's picture

It has been 10:00 PST today since he announced it yesterday. People just don't pay attention.

+1 HS

Apologies if this is old news... I just take Birm as gospel.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Woodshed's picture

I was replying to the poster above me. Not you.

Apologies again for not having my reading goggles on. =)  I probably shouldn't do that when drinking (getting ready for the Belgium beatdown). O.O

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

TraSmith4's picture

Happy for the kid! He got his longtime wish to be a Duck and he stayed classy during the entire and sometimes crazy process. The Gibson threads are still dead to me unless he actually visits and then they will be alive again. I'm fine with taking 2 QB's in the '16 class and I would love to get 2 out of these 3: Haskins, Pass and Guarantano.

+3 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Please don't forget about the top qb in the country malik henry also recently named us his leader

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I'm shocked he chose Oregon.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

KansasBuckeye's picture

You got lucky, Birm.  We were all secretly hoping you'd have to eat your shoes one of these afternoons.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Alright, who is eating a shoe?

+1 HS

It was me...But I'll be damned if I'm doing it before there is legal paperwork saying he is signed to Oregon and tOSU cant offer after that so I guess it will be official.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Hehe, now signing day will also be shoe day!  Where's the video feed going to be?

SilverState's picture

You were referring to this 'Shoe cake, right Groveport?

+1 HS

Haha I wish. I was seriously thinking about having the wifey bake a cake that looked like an actual wearable shoe and writing Birms name on it then pulling a Uncle9er and setting announcement dates for my announcement and doing it all on cam and posting the youtube link of me eating it. Its all in good fun.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Oregon have 2 QBs in this class then?

mtrotb's picture

Yes, as two guys on ride left after spring practice so they are short.

mtrotb

Yea I'm pretty much screwed now that he is committed to his dream school. Owell with all the good recruiting news coming our way it lessens the sting and hopefully betters the taste.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Leave it to good 'ol ESPN and College Football Live to get their facts wrong.  On bottom line, say Waller commits to Oregon and also held offers from others, Northwestern, Notre Dame and Ohio State

+2 HS

Well shit I hate Espin and always dog their facts but if they say we offered then by God I'll take it as Gospel. Hell if it can keep a shoe out my mouth I'll ride that until it can be verified.=)

Groveport_Buckeye's picture

I'm pretty sure TOSU did not offer him.

Yea I know we havent yet, I was being sarcastic. I hope we still eventually might, kid has some of the best film I've ever seen.

Crimson's picture

I guess the staff was right.  There was no point in offering Waller, because he was always going to Oregon, even as the second QB.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The Sun will come out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
tussey's picture

good for him, that was where he wanted to go all along

+2 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Saved us from a decommit considering Oregon is where he wanted to be all along.

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Ohio State is not offering Waller. :)

Crimson's picture

We didn't believe you the first time, and we don't believe you now!

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

If we change our mind, can we have Dontre make the call?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee