Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark is a Wolverine

toad1204's picture
June 19, 2014 at 4:00pm
88 Comments

Per his tweeter feed.

TraSmith4's picture

they probably told him that Messiah would be throwing to him and he hasn't figured it out yet 

+5 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

If he likes scUM, then I didn't want him anyways!

+3 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

Braxton2Devin...I agree I didnt want him to be a Buckeye either.  Not bc he liked UM but bc he was so all over the place with who he liked and where he wanted to go.  It's a big decision for these kids so I dont know why they rush to commit.  First it was UNC, now its UM he prolly will flip again.  He reminds me of the lb from 2 years ago...Alex whatever his last name is.  Committed to us, then ND and ends up in Fla.  thats just too much-take your time and make a good decision you will stick with.

hodge's picture

Good for him.  Hope that he has a great career, aside from our annual meeting of course.  

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Great talent --- wrong school --- period

+7 HS
otrain2416's picture

Welcome to mediocrity buddy. Mike Hart will tell you what 0-4 feels like. 

+4 HS
Sabaneatspuppies's picture

Not sure where we turn to now at tight end, C.J Conrad is most likely out of discussion, maybe Miles Boykin

http://247sports.com/Player/Miles-Boykin-31058

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I read somewhere that his family was pushing him to commit to Michigan after his visit, not sure where he stands there. I'd love for OSU to get Boykin, he'll probably never be a great traditional end-line blocker, but he's athletic and big enough to be an Eric Ebron type of player.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

With our sudden influx of linebackers does anyone believe that Sam Hubbard could end up being a TE or is he a lock for LB? The dude is an athletic freak!

+3 HS
Jdadams01's picture

Good luck and health, Chris.

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

He's always come off as a pretty good dude, and as much as I hate their football team, UM is a very good school. Tough to really fault a non-Ohio kid for picking that as their destination.

That said, I wouldn't trade being a Buckeye for anything in the world.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

Up vote for keeping it classy like a buckeye should.

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Tough one. Best of luck to him. Jake Butt, Gesecki, Clark, tough to not get one of those three. 

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Did we offer Butt? I was thinking we passed on him because he was more of a blocking TE

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

We didnt offer Butt,we choose Marcus Baugh instead.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
M Man's picture

I don't think OSU showed much interest in Butt.  I'm quite certain OSU didn't offer.  He's been the happiest surprise in his recruiting class for us.  A Jake Ryan on offense.

+3 HS

True M Man..Guess Buckeye Nation is pissed with not offering Butt.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Smanpoint10's picture

Ohio State BARELY recruited Butt. That drove him to Michigan. He was not a good blocker in high school. He mostly lined up in the slot

C.J. Conrad, step right on up to the big leagues. And that doesn't mean losing 35 games in your career  at Kentucky.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

He has committed to a school before guys. He went up to TSUN today and I know exactly what Hoke told him today. "We're gonna have a small class this year, we want you to be in it, we would like you to be our TE in this class but we need to know...." It's a lot of pressure for a kid and I bet they pressured him into it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take more visits. UNC did the same thing to him. Another 8-5 season and a loss to the Buckeyes will loosen that commitment up. Good for him and TTUN though. 

I'm more worried about Hilliard and Harris and Cornell. Especially with Hilliards commitment coming up soon and him hoping Clark would "join" him. Hopefully this commitment means He was the one on the outside lookin in to the hopeful trio that will be coming to OSU. Harris, Hilliard, Cornell.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
osubuck57's picture

We might not sign a TE in this class. Best of luck to Chris!! With Ferrell and Hausman both offered, we could sign 2 next year and still be okay.

SCOTTC.

+2 HS
trigg03's picture

We have had some tough beats on TE recruiting. It has seemed like they love OSU too that's what's so disappointing

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

didn't he declare to UNC at one point?  lets just keep an eye on him until signing day eh?

+2 HS
RandyBoBandy's picture

Reminds me of Anzalone....Parents pressuring...Commit..Decommit..Commit

I don't wear shirts.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That sure turned out well. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
blocko330's picture

My thoughts as well Randy - Honestly, parents approval is very important but "pressured" is something different and this is what I believe happened from other posts I've read... Just don't understand all the "tweets" but like many said...don't take that for much.. best of luck to the kid.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

She's a beaut Clark. 

Keep an eye out for The Punisher when you go across the middle. 

+4 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you...

+1 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Maybe he'll actually stay committed this time, but if Hokes goes, it may be back to open season.

+4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Would glady lose one recruit for Hoke's head, assuming the team will be underwhelming again this year...which is most likely...

+1 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

Is Sam Hubbard going to play TE?

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Exactly what I asked earlier and got down voted lol but you would have to think it's not out of the question!

+3 HS
Rjpfish2's picture

Here's an UV to compensate - it is a legit question. The guy is 6'6" with lacrosse-type agility. He may even outgrow LB for all of the naysayers out there. With Kwon, Johnson, Lee, and Williams already in the fold plus Conner, Berger, and Booker on the way, and the possibility of adding Hilliard and Baker; Do we need him at LB?

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Sure is going to suck going 0-4 against us.  Other than that, good luck

Buckeye fan from PA

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

LOL if you think this is going to stick until NSD

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Bye Felicia. Never really thought he was coming here anyway.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+4 HS
Murph32's picture

Didn't these kids parents teach them to stay away from dumpster fires.

+5 HS

We'll see if this stands after Michigan gets beat by App St(for laughs), ND, MSU and Ohio State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
toad1204's picture

I thought Peppers was going to play TE?

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+10 HS

And QB, WR, RB, etc.

+3 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Sad thing is...he probably could if he wanted too...

+2 HS

And that tells us all we need to know about Michigan's QB situation. XD

+6 HS
TheTeam16's picture

That's what I was getting at...

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Honestly, a lot could happen. OSU's not gonna stop the pursuit b/c of this. Things could go south in Ann Arbor and if the coaching staff turns over, who knows?

Our TEs have always been really good blockers who were okay receivers, and I'm not sure that's too enticing to a top level recruit. If you tell me that UM got Clark, lost Crawford, and may lose Harris to OSU, I'd take that trade.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
TheTeam16's picture

It sucks losing out on Harris, but at least we didn't lose out on him because of the shit storm on the field last season.

As soon as Borges was fired, Harris was gone. No doubt about it. Hurts that he may go to OSU, but it hurts a lot less than it would if we had lost out on him just because we were out recruited for the kid.

Harris is an amazing prospect, but I will take losing him and getting rid of lizard brain any day. Not trying to say I never wanted him...or I do not still want him...thats just ignorant for any teams fan to say about this kid, but I like the prospects of a cognisant OC much more. 

-2 HS
e135800's picture

I am thinking using Borges was a great classy move instead saying it was because it is a shit storm.  That was a good out. 

TheTeam16's picture

He committed during the shit storm...that wasnt the reason.

Borges was a long time family friend, and had a real relationship with Harris before they even started recruiting him. It was all the reason.

-1 HS
e135800's picture

You Betcha. Nudge nudge, wink wink.  I heard that's why Crawford left too. Borges.   And they see it's still a shit storm.  Borges > Nuss  ???

weimerad's picture

I wonder if it will stick and if he committed based on pure excitement and emotion. Didn't he say he was going to announce at The Opening? So why now?

+1 HS
ponder10's picture

That dude has mits (man t!ts). I'm hoping he's overrated and gets fat.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

-10 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Who knows what a couple Coach Mick workouts could do for the kid..

But really, let's not bash the kid just because he didn't choose the good guys. Who knows, there's a lot of time between now and signing day. He might have been excited, I mean TTUN has been convincing blue chippers to come for the last 4-5 years. Let's just see how it plays out. Maybe another 8-5 or 7-6 season could make him look around. He might like losing to a school a couple miles south for 4 straight years for all we know? 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+9 HS
buckeyedude's picture

LMAO @ "mits." I've heard of moobs, but not mits. I'll have to add that to my online dictionary.

DefendOhio's picture

I don't understand why these kids would commit to a coach who might not be around next year?

+4 HS
tussey's picture

We dodged a bullet there.  We all know what happened with the last TE Urban recruited out of Connecticut...

In all seriousness good for him, sucks for us.  Maybe they told him that he could be the next Devin Funchess, like UNC told him he could be the next Eric Ebron.  Who knows.  Either way our offense has not done a consistent job of featuring the TE and as a result it has been difficult to land a top TE not named Marcus Baugh.  

+3 HS
Mortc15's picture

I don't follow Clark, as I don't wanna be enticed into being "that asshole" but I did take a slightly lesser route and recently scrolled through his tweets. Immediately tweeting Jerome baker, Hilliard and Harris asking them to join him at Michigan. Not sure how far that will go, it's an interesting point of note. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

His tweets to them seem desperate. Like "Why not Michigan?" like he knows they have no chance at them. He tweeted at Malik Jefferson too, not chance. No chance with Baker either. Harris already tried that and didn't like it. Hilliard is us or ND.

+4 HS
Mortc15's picture

I got the same feeling. Basically said "why not give Michigan a shot and visit?" I only read Baker's reply of "idk yet". None will end up in AA. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
TheTeam16's picture

I would certainly hope not, considering none of them really play a position of dire need for us to take in this class. Sure it would be great to take all of them if they would want to come, but we can only take like 14 recruits this year...we already took Ty...so Harris would be nice. But kirkland already committed so we dont really need another LB in this class. 

Mortc15's picture

I began reading this thinking it was an OSU fan until I got to Kirkland and wondered what you were talking about. Haha. But thanks for the info, I think it's a long shot for any of those guys to Michigan. 

Buck-I4Life

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Yep. sure you wouldn't want a five star LB or RB.

That's right, you guys already told Cornell you don't have room for him, didn't you?

+4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

If you looked at the depth chart you would see we have absolutely no need for a DT in this class, maybe one next year at most. 

We cant really take more than one LB because we need the 'ships for less deep positions. Taking kirkland and the other guy (Name escapes me right now) would be overkill and hurt the rest of the roster. 

Ty Issac took the RB scholly for this year due to the fact he will not get his waiver, basically putting him in the same class...dont really need two RB's in this class. Could take, but wouldn't be the best decision IMO.

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Baker is the most likely nfl 1st round pick we are recruiting. I would die if he went the Michigan.

WesPatterson23's picture

Don't worry Kwon got him on lock. (Per his twitter)

+4 HS
irishfury's picture

Harris or Hillard seemed over excited about his commit to dem up north boys.

This was suppose to read didn't seem over excited.  Stupid dyslexia.

+6 HS
Woodshed's picture

IMO the Harris tweet was about OSU commits.

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I thought he was committing at the Opening?

Hayze's picture

He is. He wanted to make sure he could get one more de-commitment in before he officially commits for good.

+16 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Somebody needs to change their icon, damnit!

sivaDavis's picture

"Just the fact I want to have the opportunity to recruit at The Opening," Clark said, "I want to let people know I'm at Michigan and I'd like to tell people they're building big things at Michigan and tell them to be part of it.
"I just feel so good at Michigan. I thought it would be a great day to do it with my mom and dad here."

- Chris Clark 

First let me get this out.... Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Secondly, how long have they been "building something special" up there lol. Serious question. Nothing building up there but the wrappers in Hoke's candy drawer in his desk. I pray to God that somehow they lose to App St opening weekend. How glorious would that be. 

+2 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

I would be interested in knowing , I'm too lazy to look, how closely this mirrors his NC commitment speech. 

+2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

If your team had only retained two OL from 3 years of recruiting it would be the same story. 

If we had a competent OL last year, we would have won 10 games...no doubt about it. The reason Devin played so poorly is the dude was shell shocked from getting blown up by AKRON!?!?!?!?! DL...that is insufferable. 

-1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

TheVictoryBell45's picture

Clark just seemed to feel more comfortable with the players on ttun. Who knows he might re consider Ohio State if Hilliard & Harris commit and mich has another average year. Assuming we don't take another tightend before that. 

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

this is not a surprise and Clark was not a center piece for this class. Its Hilliard, Harris, and Cornell. I think we probably land all three and it'll lead for other elite prospects to join. Clark won't get people to follow him and if Michigan sucks this year, I doubt he stays with his commitment. 

+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

2 things... 1. It's not over for Clark, the kid is a diva, a talented player, but he is loving the attention he is getting with recruiting.  and 2. If he is all scUM, then hopefully he enjoys losing.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

-1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I wish Clark the best, but no way his bros join him at UM.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Well then I don't give a damn for him, since he's a part of that state now.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I saw this coming a mile away. 

It makes sense when you realize that he's coming from a Connecticut prep school...also not surprising his family's dream school for him was Notre Dame but that didn't work out for whatever reason.  They probably view Michigan as a compromise between academics and football, but see OSU as basically just football.

jedkat's picture

that was quick:

"I'm ready to win some championships and get Michigan back to the top," he said. "Especially starting to beat Ohio State, that's going to be big. I want to make sure that in my four years I don't lose to Ohio State once."

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

Buckeye Knight's picture

He's going to replace Hoke as head coach?

+1 HS
hodge's picture

At least he got the school right...

actionstanleyjackson's picture

Note to self: Chris Clark loves everyone....including lamp. 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

+1 HS