Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Great Danny Clark Interview

AngryWoody's picture
June 14, 2014 at 11:26am
16 Comments

Great interview with 2017 OSU commit Danny Clark.

Sorry if someone already posted this. I looked around the site and didn't see it. Here are some notes if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

- Danny Clark says he should end up being 6'5 or 6'6 according to his doctor.

- One thing he needs to work on is playing under center and his 5 and 7 step drops.

- He's been playing QB since he was six.

- His younger Brother is 13 years old and 6'0 tall. (What the heck are they feeding these kids!?!?)

- He is loving his role as leader for the 2017 class and is already actively recruiting other players.

- "Do you feel yourself at all wavering on your commitment?"

"I bleed scarlet and gray. I'm not going nowhere...It's a dream. It's a blessing. I'm not going nowhere. I'm OSU til I die"

Ohio State Ombre's picture

"i bleed scarlet and gray"

dont we all. so great to have such an early class leader who has an amazing passion for not only the sport, but the school and the culture that it represents. i know its three years away, but the 2017 class really could be something special (i know we say that about every class haha)

+2 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

My wife could care less about football and she even stood there and listened to the whole thing and said... "That kid is gonna be awesome."

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow man this kid could be one of the greatest Buckeyes ever. I'll be cheering him on strong and hope he stays healthy and grounded.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

Can't wait to get to see him play in the scarlet and grey!

-1 HS
beamga's picture

You don't hear many commits state what their doctor projects their height will be in a couple of years.  It's good to have a leader for the 2017 class so early.

Killer nuts's picture

But who will be the class leader in 2018?

+4 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

He could possibly end up being my favorite Buckeye of all time. I've never seen a recruit that loves OSU and has as much passion for OSU as Clark. Also, he's so well-spoken, especially for a kid who's only a rising sophomore in high school!! Most of our '15 and '14 recruits don't speak as clearly and coherently as he does.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Geese the kids 15 going on 30 maturity-wise from the way he carried himself in that interview. Well done Danny. 

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

the last tidbit you typed put a huge smile on my face, haha

+1 HS
SilverState's picture

I don't know...I think I prefer guys who make top 20 lists.

+4 HS
DannyBeane's picture

The fact that he has been the starting qb as freshman in one of the toughest divisions in High School football must be doing a hell of a job on his development. I can't wait to see him in the Shoe!

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Division 2?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Think he forgot that they moved down a division. They probably still played plenty of division one opponents

sivaDavis's picture

Yeah they moved down a Division but he still faced great teams. Steubenville, Austintown-Fitch, Akron SVSM (who finished 15-0 and won the state title, only beat Clark and the Tigers by 5), Canton McKinley and then also played quality teams in the playoff, Nordonia and Highland. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

DannyBeane's picture

Whoops slipped my mind. I still stand by my statement though.

+2 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

"I'm OSU till I die" If my wife and I ever split up, I know who I'm pursuing. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have.