Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Larry Scott

teddyballgame's picture
June 9, 2014 at 9:30pm
40 Comments
http://i.imgur.com/ANXXATV.png

So, Steve Wiltfong just crystal-balled Larry Scott to us and he rarely misses.  Your thoughts?  Damien Harris is obviously still the #1 RB target, but it's between Mike Weber and Larry Scott for the 2nd slot. 

Do you have a preference?

Woodshed's picture

I like who picks first because he doesn't want to miss his chance to be a buckeye.

+7 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Birm also changed his crystal ball for Larry Scott on June 4th....Hmm.

WesPatterson23's picture

Jordan, do you know something I don't? 

+2 HS
osu407's picture

I like Scott.  He could turn into a Hyde-type eventually.  Weber is good too but he is third on my running back wish list. 

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

When everything else is (roughly) equal I always pull for the Ohio kid.

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Scott over Weber. I will always take the Ohio kid over the *ichigan kid. The football played down here is just on a whole other level. Harris and his elite attributes might put him at the top of most schools list.

Build

8.00 out of 10

Speed

9.00 out of 10

Feet

8.00 out of 10

Change of Direction

8.00 out of 10

Explosiveness

8.00 out of 10

Power

9.00 out of 10

Tackle Breaking

9.00 out of 10

Vision

8.00 out of 10

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

JDunc686's picture

I know Harris is the #1 target, but I wonder what the chances are of taking both Scott and Weber if Harris does not want in?

Byaaaahhh's picture

If we get Scott, does that make Weber go to Michigan?

ab1993's picture

MSU most likely 

Class of '16

+5 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

If we get Scott I think it could make Weber pick MSU,since Scott had  them out front for a while and I think Weber has them right up there too.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Jordan Wagner's picture

Weber named a top three of Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin. I think OSU and MSU lead. Weber was banged up at NFTC, so I didn't get to see too much of him. 

Byaaaahhh's picture

Gotcha. I saw the "Amercia" SI cover and assumed Michigan was a serious contender. Hmm, so we could see whichever one we lose out on on the other side of the field.

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

According to Weber, *ichigan is still recruiting him very hard, and they are still very much a contender.

Source: I hate to admit it, but I read Ace's recruiting article on *go yesterday. Know your enemy, right?

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Hm interesting. So good news for our opponents then. Someone's gotta get him. 

Hey, I'm just impressed by your ability to stand being there. 

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Bet he commits tomorrow!

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS
NatiBuck's picture

Like some others are saying I would rather see the Bucks take Scott over Weber strictly on the grounds that  Scott is an Ohio kid...  If you're looking at two guys who are pretty equal talent wise I think you should always go with the instate kid if given the option.  

+2 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Likely that OSU could end up with Scott and Harris and MSU nabs Weber.

Danify's picture

I will take that every day of the week.

+7 HS
teddyballgame's picture

and twice on Sunday!

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

That'd be a hell of a pull.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This is going to be awesome - can't wait!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture
Scott & Harris...

+17 HS
Danify's picture

Oh JLaw ... *cough*

+4 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

JLaw...ummm...what were we talking about?

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS
Buckabroad's picture

If I could choose between the two, I would be happy to be in that position. You can only make a great decision. I like Scott a bit more, because I think one must have a bruising power-RB to win the B1G title in the final games of autumn. Hyde showed us how important this is.

Still, Jeremy brought up an important point in his last article: Cass Tech. Meyer, audaciously and incredibly, has challenged TTUN's Cass Tech pipeline and made good progress. Would refusing a commitment from Weber endanger the progress he has made? How would this point be considered?

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

EwanJobi's picture

If they give both kids the chance to the commit for one spot it's hard to see it damaging any goodwill.

mtrotb's picture

Take all 3 as it will work its way out.  Heck my frosh year there were 6 incoming backs.  I went to Split end, one to defensive end, 2 to fullback, one left and one played tb.

mtrotb

BuckeyeJ's picture

I agree that if all 3 want in-----they are in. It would b hard to turn down the cass tech pipeline and Weber is good enough. 

FROMTHE18's picture

I find it very unlikely that all three of Harris, Scott and Weber are in this class as they will all be playing RB in college. I think you have to like the combo of Harris and Scott more than Weber and Harris or Scott and Weber because Scott is an Ohioan and we need to keep the top talent at home while also expanding our national reach (which is Urban's philosophy) and Harris is considered to be the consensus top back in America so you get the #1 RB and one of the best players in Ohio. The Cass Tech pipeline would be nice to build on with Weber, so if Harris or Scott go elsewhere, I'd be more than happy to have a player like Weber for the pipeline but also of course because he is really talented; however, that pipe line will further develop down the line as Urban has put the full court press on that HS. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Agreed. I was saying "if" he wanted in. But after hearing more on Weber it sounds like his family has ties with Sparty and he knows them so well that's where he will end up. Harris and Scott will be a heck of a haul 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

So what happened? In early May everyone had him going to MSU.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Crimson's picture

The issue with Scott was always academic.  Now that it's sorted out, we're going for the commitment.

+2 HS
rdubs's picture

I'd love to get Scott, but apparently his younger backup is the better RB.

+1 HS

What's the harm in getting both?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

No harm in it at all. Buckeyes will do just that.

Ohio State just taking 1 RB in the '16 class?

labuck's picture

I could see 2 because they may lose 3 in '16-'17 in Ball, Dunn and Eze.  Unless of course one goes wild in the next two years and leaves school early (1 yr in Ball and Dunn's case. That way you are not put in a position where you may not have depth in case of injuries or transfers.

TraSmith4's picture

McCall and Hill will do the trick (2 RB in '16)

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

No harm in it at all. Buckeyes will do just that.

Sooner rather than later?

jamesrbrown322's picture

I know that the 247 Crystal Ball predictions are not stone cold locks, but with so many jumping on the Larry Scott to OSU bandwagon, it's got me hoping for another piece of good news soon...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS