Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Travis Waller to OSU????

jonping67's picture
June 5, 2014 at 11:32pm
44 Comments

Blake Barnett, who decommitted from Notre Dame, named Oregon his leader after a recent visit. If Oregon gets a commitment from Barnett and If OSU offers Travis Waller, would Travis commitment to the good guys?

I also think Travis might be a better choice at QB then Torrence Gibson. He doesn't have TG's wheels, but TG doesn't have Travis's arm.

osu07asu10's picture

MAYBE????

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+15 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I heard that Waller to Notre Dame is possible. But if we offer, i really like our chances.

+1 HS
Buckeye4life23's picture

I hope we offer as well, he has impressive traits.

Muck Fichigan that is all.

Buckeye4life23's picture

You had me all excited...

Muck Fichigan that is all.

+7 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Waller can't pass as good as Burrow and can't run better than Gibson. Chase Gibson until signing day and I like TOSU's chances. This one is an Urban special.

-4 HS
305Buck's picture

Lol what? At the elite 11 in LA, Waller was going throw for throw will Rosen and Town. Plus the competition the kid faces is 2nd to none with 8 or 9 teams in the top 100 high school teams. Not to mention how last year was his first year playing QB. From all reports, the kid is way better than Burrow and has a huge upside.

+8 HS
Jake321's picture

That was might thoughts when I read this

+1 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Tell that to Urban and and his staff. I'm more than fine with their assessments.

-1 HS
logamaniac's picture

because they havent missed on any recruits yet?

+3 HS
ronbizi's picture

Because they've landed two of the best recruiting classes in OSU history.

-1 HS
skid21's picture

I have faith in Urban's recruiting but it is yet to be proven they landed anywhere near two of the best recruiting classes in OSU history. You have any idea how long and storied of a history OSU has and what previous recruiting classes have accomplished?

+3 HS
logamaniac's picture

ha schools like osu are why theres scholarship limits now, because they'd just load up on talent just for the sake of having depth and preventing rivals from getting players.

also theres this guy named cooper...  he could recruit.

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

No worries - been an epidemic around here lately.

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I was so excited...

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Incredibly misleading headline. I believe Waller has incredible upside and could be an Ohio State legend if he develops properly. He can make all the throws and he's very mobile. But if we offer him, I believe he would commit immediately. And then TG is never going to commit. I, personally, want Waller more. But I trust Urban in his belief that TG is our guy and all of our eggs seem to be in that basket. He must feel great about his chances of landing TG since we don't seem to be pursuing anyone else. Next time you create a headline, don't just try to pull viewers. My heart skipped a beat thinking my man T-Wall was joining the good guys.

+6 HS
Woodshed's picture

This. Awful thread title.

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Id expect us to wait on Gibson until the end and won't give Waller a committable offer until Gibson makes his decision. With that being said, Im not so sure Waller will have the patience for that nor would be enjoy being option #2 so I think he will head elsewhere and from the looks of it, that place could be ND.

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Gotta have a QB thread at least every other day.  It sounds like Waller/TG, or bust at this point.

Read my entire screen name....

ab1993's picture

Bill Kurelic is saying it's all in for TG now and if we don't get him then Joey Buckeye will be the only QB we take in this class.

Katzfan's picture

Well something's amiss because Waller states that he talks to Coach Herman nearly every day and Coach Meyer at least once a week and that their relationship is awesome and that he very much would like the Buckeye's to offer.  The Buckeyes seem to want to keep him interested, at least for now.  I like the kid.  Seems to be drama free...

+8 HS
Wesleyburgess1's picture

Also Torrance Gibson said he hasn't talked to Tom Herman for like a month.

+1 HS
rdubs's picture
+5 HS
Buckabroad's picture

Just my opinion and I understand that I am not as well-versed as our experts, but I think we are crazy not to go after Waller. Even if we choose to ignore TG's troubles and possible high-maintenance personality, even if we choose to ignore the accuracy issues, TG likely will not come to OSU. He will visit us once and that is it. He seems uncomfortable with us having Burrow on board. All effort is for naught (best case) or sets us back with other candidates (worst case). Waller on the other hand has all the tools and has been forged in fire in a competitive league. He seems to want to become a Buckeye. If we have a good shot at Waller, I say go get it done.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+7 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

One of the implications of string theory is the multiverse.  One of the consequences of the multiverse is that pretty much anything you can imagine happening actually happens somewhere.  Since matter is finite, and the possible combinations of matter, while quite large, is still less than infinite, in an infinite series of infinite universes, all possible combinations of matter are not only possible but MUST occur because math. I'm giving your post an upvote because math says that in some universe somewhere, Urban Meyer will read your post and offer Travis Waller a scholarship.

+9 HS
cjmgobucks's picture

I always appreciate when quantum physics (or whatever the heck that is) can be introduced into a discussion related to college football recruiting.  I say bravo...!!

"When I look in the mirror, I want to take a swing at me."

Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Ahh Saturday's picture

It's whatever quantum physics becomes when a guy with an anthropology degree (thanks idealistic youth!) has knee surgery and watches a Through the Wormhole marathon in a Vicodin infused haze.

+4 HS
Buckabroad's picture

I didn't post to present my case to Coach Meyer. I really just wanted to state my opinion in this thread. Thank's for the UV though.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+1 HS
GulfCoastBuck's picture

After reading Ahh Saturday's post, I somehow feel like Penny on The Big Bang Theory when the others talk physics.

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

It's a definite maybe.

Depending on Gibson's right of first refusal.

+1 HS
OSUBias's picture

I'm really curious as to what kind of a sell job our staff has to do to keep someone like this interested. Someone who is obviously, at best, a 3rd choice (Gibson and Burrows). That takes a salesman, for sure. Be interesting to hear some recruits talk about that.

Shitter's full

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Don't count on it. 

HotSauceCommittee's picture

You've been Birmed!

No worries Jonping, being Birmed is cooler than Lebroning or Tebowing.

+1 HS

It was - unless something changes drastically with Gibson - a choice between Burrow and Waller. They chose Burrow. The Notre Dame offer to Waller is one to really pay attention to.

305Buck's picture

Any idea why they chose Burrow over Waller? I like Burrows film, don't get me wrong but I don't think anyone in their right mind would choose him over Waller. Walker is just scratching the surface of his potential smh. ND will be getting a good one.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Ohio boy. Comes from a football family. Is a pass-first kind of guy. Good size, good arm strength, solid leader. Have to figure that with the right coaching and a solid development, Burrow will be a very effective QB for the Buckeye down the line if needed. 

+4 HS

Right on the money.

skid21's picture

I guess that is why the coaches get paid the big bucks. I would have chosen Waller without a doubt. However, the fact that we are Burrow's first choice and not a consideration because he got rejected by his first choice just might move him up the list. Waller wanted to be a Duck, Burrow wanted to be a Buckeye.

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

I think Burrow wanted to be a Cornhusker (whatever that is!!! Lol). He is a legacy---his dad and uncle played there. But I love that he was an under the radar kid who wants to be a leader! 

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Burrow wanted to stay close to home because of his Dad's coaching career at Ohio University

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

-1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

It seems --from my admittedly distant vantage point-- that things have changed with TG.  He's moved us down on his list. He's moved Auburn up.  He's decided not to visit Columbus this summer.  It seems like a lot to overcome.  What I always hear from people is "yeah, we're 4th 5th, but he hasn't even visited yet."  But the fact that he hasn't visited yet is significant in itself.  It suggests that some obstacle, whether of interest, economy, or distance has been too high to hurdle.  Those same factors will come into play when he decides which school to attend.  Is there something happening behind the scenes that gives you confidence that Gibson ends up a Buckeye?

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

These developments are starting to take over - let's hope that he's not so quick to decide this time.

BuckeyeJ's picture

Do we even need 2 qb this round? We have JT, Cardell, and Collier. With Burrow in the fold if we get TG good. If not, no biggie. I'm looking forward to next year already with this guy hopefully committing! http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2014/05/356...

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

Waller is a guy worth keeping in the contacts list.  Basically Gibson has been a sideshow the past few weeks.  Two top 10 lists and a second school suspension.  A visit to Auburn and on again/off again plans to visit OSU.  At some point I think our staff cuts bait with Gibson if he has any more problems. 

The other thing to keep in mind, is the idea that Tom Herman might not want to take Waller but he might like the idea of influencing where he does land.  Keep him out of a rival's hands. 

Waller is waiting for the right offer and then he will jump on it.  I think OSU is one of those offers. 

-1 HS