Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Elite 11 buckeyes

WesPatterson23's picture
June 2, 2014 at 9:23pm
34 Comments

How did the Buckeyes perform out there today? 

Sin City Buckeye's picture

Heard both looked good. Waiting for the stories to come soon.

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+3 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

If I had to pick who the soon to be sophomore was in this picture by looks alone, I would have picked Burrow. Clark looks very mature for his age.

skid21's picture

Clark looks very mature for his age.

Agreed. I would have guessed him the oldest of the three.

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Outside of a few throws, I didn't see Burrow's name mentioned much, especially on the top 5 lists I saw. That's surprising to me after watching Burrow's film, but its just one camp.  That said, I did originally think Burrow could use some work on his mechanics and footwork in the pocket. The best part about him though, IMO, is his football IQ, which may not be apparent in camp format. 

Seattle Linga's picture

That is one sweet pic! Great job

+1 HS
Danify's picture

Quite an few vines from Joe Burrow and Danny Clark at Elite 11 via John Brandon.

Wow! 

+6 HS
2timestatechamp's picture

Clark is going to be special when its all said and done imo. As a McK alumn and fan I will be glad oncr he is out of the Orange and Black and in the Scarlet and Gray.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I dont mean to offend anyone with this but anyone else think Clarks release point,footwork,and mechanics looks a tad better? Thats not even factoring in his lightning fast release that seems like a flick of the wrist. Burrow is a beast no doubt I just notice he drops the ball a bit Tebowish and has a tiny wind up. Fixable for sure but as a coach if I watched those tiny clips and was asked which prospect was this years 4* commit I would have voted Clark. Some kids arent even noticeable until the lights come on and I have no reason to doubt our staff that Burrow is the real deal. His tape speaks for itself.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Burning the mid-night oil G.H. 

+3 HS

;)

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
skid21's picture

Talbot Hall 614-257-3760

Go1Bucks's picture

He doesn't deserve the Tebow compare.  This kid Burrow has a future. But his release does seem low.

Go Bucks!

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+3 HS
luckynutz's picture

Sounds like a confident, grounded kid. Love the fact he talks about being a leader for this class and getting to work on bringing more guys into the fold. May not have been the one everyone expected. But glad he chose to step up and take on that role. Solid interview. Look forward to watching his development and contributions in the future.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Interesting the coaches said he needs to work on getting his arm higher when he throws and his back foot down.  Thought myself that he looked a little Kosar like when tossing the rock.  I don't really have a problem with that comparison, easy to see he is far more mobile than old Bernie.   Looks like a great kid.  

+2 HS

Awesome contribution Sin City.

+2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Anyone know who got the invites to the next stage of the Elite 11 combine? I can't find the results anywhere...

-4 HS

So Far as of 3 am your time back east  the 3 on the bottom of the pic were given invites throughout the night. Yes, that's Michigan commit Alex Malzone, Ben Hicks, and Sheriron Jones

+1 HS

Out of that group there I would put good money on Murray or Waller walking away with Dilfers MVP. Anyone have a guess on the final 3 spots?

TheTeam16's picture

Wow, I didnt think Malzone would make it...just based on the fact he hasn't been a huge name.

Now that he is in, he will have a good chance to win. That kid is a stud, absolute winner.

-4 HS
Danify's picture

You mean absolute winner is the normal Michigan "twitter champion" before playing a down at TTUN.

+4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

I don't have twitter so I am not sure what you are talking about. 

I was referring to the fact he is a proven winner at the high school level...

-3 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Danny Clark should transfer to Groveport. Wouldn't that be something? LOL. His dad would be proud.......Maybe not. LOL..........

+3 HS

Oh man I thought your screen name was serious now I'm thinking I created a enemy that has made a parody account.

LOL, I think you know who i am. Check your mail.

+2 HS

LOL, I think you know who i am. Check your mail.

+2 HS

Not sure why it double posted........ Sorry.

+2 HS

Not sure why it double posted........ Sorry.

+2 HS

Sorry, I'm a noob..........

+2 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Guys, Danny Clark is a phenom. I think we somewhat forget about him since he is a few years away still, but this kid can do it all. Watching his videos, you would assume he is an early enrollee, not a SO in high school.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Man, I'm psyched on Burrow's tape but like many are saying - it's Clark that looks like a college ready QB right now from the coverage I've seen at this event. Damn.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

s.pasadena fl's picture

Clark just blew m away!  Had no idea the talent this kid has. A rare find. When is he coming?

Ed Hopper