Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Next Commit, Joe Burrow!

BuckeyeInNE's picture
May 27, 2014 at 1:59pm
20 Comments

Hey everyone!  I'm a long time fan of the site, but this is my first time commenting since I never really have any news to add living in Nebraska.

Anyway, take this for what it's worth.  My buddy works with Joe Burrow's uncle.  His uncle is saying that Urban visited Joe over the weekend and offered him a scholarship.  Apparently, Joe has recently accepted.  Would that make him our 2nd or backup QB that we wanted behind Gibson?

I'm told that Joe was a Nebraska fan growing up, and he never received an offer from them so he committed to us so he can get back at them.  You have to love a kid with extra motivation, if true.

I hope I'm not feeding you all BS.  This is just the buzz around the cornhusker state.

Go Bucks!

BROSEPH's picture

http://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow-36575

There's been some crystal balls of him going to OSU within the past 10 days, Birm being one of them.  

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

it is done

+3 HS
mh277907's picture

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
KeithMC33's picture

Haha one of my favorite parts of Big Daddy! nicely done!

KeithMC33's picture

Appreciate the info! i guess we will find out soon enough. If i remember correctly i believe it was Birm who recently said that our QB situation would have some clarity soon, maybe this is it? Personally i would think that the staff would want him to camp and throw for them first, but perhaps that already happened? I can't keep up with all this recruiting info anymore so maybe i am wrong. At any rate, thank you for the info!

WhySoSerious's picture

Gray box oh can it be? 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

JasonR's picture
+2 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Birm is ahead of the game again!

Citrus's picture

Congrats BuckeyeinNE for breaking the story first 

+4 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Now that's the kind of inside information I like!!

TheTeam16's picture

Kate is a huge Michigan fan, I don't know if this can be allowed...

jamesrbrown322's picture

Dude, it's always allowed...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
BuckeyeInNE's picture

You're welcome.   I'm just glad I could finally contribute. 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you!"

- Woody Hayes

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

The Gray Box Groove!

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Personally, even if we land Gibson, as far as I'm concerned he has a better arm than Gibson and will be competing for a starting spot and not the back up roll. Also thanks for the info BuckeyeInNE not often people are spot on with their info! 

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

BuckeyeInNE, sucks you didn't get the word out earlier but you were validated before anyone can rip you (as you were concerned of in your post). Good job man!

and I am so stoked about this one.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
SpoonerBuck33's picture

Little bit of a shocker in that a lot of the insiders (Oregon's included who think they are getting Murray) pegged Waller as the guy, but good news nonetheless!