Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Anyone with a Bucknuts account?

BassDropper's picture
May 20, 2014 at 1:54pm
59 Comments

Apparently Drake (the rapper) will be at FNL...dont have an account, but judging by a post on the board, this looks to be the case.

BuckeyeJ's picture

Well he is a big Buckeye fan

GoBucks713's picture

But do we want him to be?

-The Aristocrats!

+7 HS
mh277907's picture

Couldn't hurt. I know that Lebron is a polarizing figure around here but I certainly don't mind seeing him on the sidelines. The recruits and the players love him. I think Drake would be in a similar boat.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

But do we want him to be?

No. He's a jinx like Romo.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-3 HS
m5987usus's picture

Yea he's a Kentucky basketball fan....they suck....

O-H!

+2 HS

He's also a Nets, and Raptors fan.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

BassDropper's picture

Drake is just a fan

DIRECTIONER

+4 HS
GoBucks713's picture

That's the point I was making.

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

He's certainly not one of my favorite rappers, but go look at the list of the walk-up music for the first round draft picks this year. The most popular artist, by far, is Drake. Yeah, he might be a jinx, but could you imagine being a high school prospect, going to FNL, and seeing that your favorite musician is a huge fan of the Buckeyes? That'd be hard to turn down.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

People also assumed having LeBron at the Wisconsin game would get a lot of commits.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

hes a big fan of any team that does well

+4 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

Bolt's picture

Droppin' the bass? :-/

buckeyeEddie27's picture

Recruits + Drake + Urban + Shoe @ nite = Gray Boxes. (I hope)

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture
+14 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Not a rap fan, just who is this Drake you speak of? Is Merle Haggard still singing? Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, and oh geez Roy Clark? Do they still sing?

+6 HS
BroJim's picture

if you're "not a rap fan" why do you assume Drake raps? 

I season my simple food with hunger

Earle's picture

Maybe because the OP refers to him as "Drake (the rapper)"?

Just say no to italics abuse.

+24 HS
BroJim's picture

Ahh Nice, attention to detail. My bad

I season my simple food with hunger

+10 HS
buckeyestu's picture

"Apparently Drake the rapper" did I not read that as the opening line to this post?

HighBallAce's picture

I had a pic one time on my facebook page of Drake and George Straight was saying to him something about Drake having 21 number 1 hits and like Eminem having so many and some other guys and then George Straight says, "Bitch please!"......lol

AndyVance's picture

I'm not entirely sure I followed your comment, but the mental image I drew of George Strait (my favorite country artist of the era) saying "Bitch, please" has me chuckling heartily :)

otrain2416's picture

To sum it up for those who don't know who he is: this is huge for recruiting and kids will be drooling to ball out in front of him.

+7 HS
CC's picture

Kind of like how if we change our uniforms we would get recruits?

Now I get it.

BrokeBuck's picture

No confirmation that he'll be there but word is they're in attempts to get him to be. Along with a few other big names.

Eph97's picture

Could not hurt at all. Imagine if he could get his good friend Johnny Futbol to come down I71 to FNL. Now that would be a scene.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Maybe Tebow and Lebron, too?

buckeyebobcat

Groveport Heisman's picture

Tebow now works for EspinSEC network....They would behead him quicker then Ned Stark for helping the Buckeyes and Meyer bring in top notch recruits.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Unky Buck's picture

^^^This forever and ever, amen.

+2 HS
faux_maestro's picture

Sorry, but I don't think that guy will help our recruiting efforts.

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+3 HS
sharks's picture

I'm sure Da U thought it would help recruiting to have Campbell from 2 Live Crew around.  Rappers and amateur athletes are a great mix.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

yes they are. and unlike Luke Skywalker, I think Drake understands not to commit NCAA violations by showering money on these players. So all the reward without the concern of what Miami did.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Hovenaut's picture

I don't get today's "music"...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+8 HS
Unky Buck's picture

This looks a lot like Earle...

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

He gets around.

Looks great though - he hasn't aged in four days.

*where what are those damn dots?*

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Au contraire, I think the music kids dig these days is extremely groovy.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+4 HS
Unky Buck's picture

That's far out, man...

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I'm not a fan of Drake. I think his music kind of sucks to be honest. I can't even name one hit song of his. Granted I am not a fan of rap but I can at least name a couple of Lil Wayne's songs.

with that said, I am all for Drake doing this. How many programs can bring in recruits to practice in front of a 2 time NC coach and all around great dude Urban Meyer and also a rap star such as Drake. It actually stuns me even more to think that more recruits don't commit to OSU already. How can any player not see what is going on with this program. OSU is going to be unreal going forward!

If MSU wants to ride the emotions from a rap star, then OSU can do it better! (although again, I don't get why Drake is so popular based on his music, but I'm not a recruit so who cares)

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Here is a song where Drake gives Ohio State a shoutout. Listen to the first 50 seconds....

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Listening to one minute of that song confirmed what I already knew... Drake is not good. But if it helps us in recruiting then I'm all for it

TheBadOwl's picture

The criticism of Drake as a rapper is usually "Oh he's too soft." Which is definitely valid. But the dude can spit fire when he wants to.

Then again, seeing as you've only heard one minute of Drake, you probably don't listen to much rap. This is going to be huge for recruiting, and as soft as Drake may be, people absolutely love him and he's actually a very talented rapper, as much as I hate to admit it.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

The soft label has nothing to do with his lyrics as you might think. But yea it actually has to do more with him getting raised as a modest kid in Canada as basically a mickey mouse club type actor that had nothing to do with any of the "hood" shit he tries to rap about. Same discredit some white rappers get but its obviously just hate from making more  money then the clowns that are hating on you. The ones that actually lived the hard life but are not as educated enough to make as much money as him but try harder are the ones that have the problem. Use to be called a "studio gangsta" back in my day but I have no clue what folks choices of words would be this day in time. Anyways he is extremely talented as judged by his album sales and multiple awards he has won that some of the best couldn't achieve in their prime. GOOD FOR tOSU RECRUITING POINT BLANK.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
BassDropper's picture

nothing to do with any of the "hood" shit he tries to rap about. 

Proof you don't listen to Drake. I hate when people talk on something they know nothing about.

DIRECTIONER

-6 HS

And you would probably be the last man on Earth to tell somebody not to say something they don't know much about,right? How Ironic.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Haven't heard the term "Studio gangsta" since Gang Starr. But yeah I kind of agree. The Degrassi stuff has a lot to do with it.

I do think he gets a lot of criticism because of his lyrics though. Like his Poetic Justice verse. He gets a bit too sappy for my tastes. It's like Death Cab or The Smiths, but it's a bit out of place in rap. He does have some great other stuff, though.

But yeah, this is absolutely huge for recruiting.

+2 HS
kgratz's picture

As a 20 year old college student, if Drake was at FNL the big names that we would draw to the event would be incredible.  Everybody says 'If they can get him on campus'  This would get them on campus.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+11 HS
BassDropper's picture

Would also fill the seats at the shoe...especially if he were to perform.

DIRECTIONER

bleedscarlet's picture

This is the type of thing Carroll was big on at USC with celebrities like Snoop Dogg and Will Ferrell. Seemed to work out pretty well for them....

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Good, bring him out and Lebron and let them talk to every single player there. If I was a recruit and Lebron and Drake were trying to talk to me into going to Ohio State.. Man you gotta think that would leave some type of impression!

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Drake is a pretty good rapper. I'm not sure why he gets so much hate on this site. Sure he has some stupid songs but so do most artists. NWTS and Take Care are both high quality albums overall with a lot of good songs. Some of his old mixtapes like So Far Gone are also pretty good . 

TheBadOwl's picture

Meh, it's like how people hate Kanye without actually listening to his music. And even Lil Wayne. People still talk crap on him but mixtape era Weezy was a god among mortals.

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Listen old guys, the recruits will LOVE Drake!!!

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Right!! I feel like a lot of guys posting on here are way out of touch with what young people like. Drake is a big thing to us and it would be great if he was at FNL. 

+1 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

^^^ this LOLOL @BuckNutzGasMan

-1 HS
Swayze's picture

It would bring more spectators

The Rill Dill's picture

Seantrel Henderson's dad approves.

Seattle Linga's picture

After Seantrel's recruiting trips four years ago dad will pretty much approve of anything.