Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrence Gibson to the Vols????? Not so quick Vol fans!

jonping67's picture
May 11, 2014 at 5:10pm
27 Comments
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

I believe, but gotta say I'm one of those that looks at texts, he retweets everything they say and I also believe Damien Harris will be at Kentucky, he got really excited when Conrad chose Kentucky. Just my opinion!

Gooz-fra-bah...

-2 HS
mh277907's picture

If Damien Harris believes that Kentucky will prepare him for the next level more so than Ohio State (or Alabama for that matter) then more power to him and I wish him the best of luck. He will certainly need it. My guess is that he is just keeping the locals happy and there is no way he ends up at one of the worst football programs of the power conferences. 

buckeyebobcat

+7 HS
jonping67's picture

Harris to Kentucky? Not happening in a million years. The number #1 RB in the nation will not go to UK unless he plays basketball.

+11 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

And to that point any stud that plays BBall at K-tucky is going to be one - and - done anyway..............

+1 HS
Murph32's picture

Just wait until football season comes around. 

OSUlewis's picture

"Biggest thing to me is academics. I need to go to a school that has great academics. Not a Harvard-type school, but something solid," he said. "Great coaching staff, great team, great people, and cold weather isn't a big deal to me. If I make it to the NFL, I would have to play in cold weather, so it's best to get used to it now."

I do like the sound of that.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

"Biggest thing to me is academics. I need to go to a school that has great academics. Not a Harvard-type school, but something solid," he said. "Great coaching staff, great team, great people, and cold weather isn't a big deal to me. If I make it to the NFL, I would have to play in cold weather, so it's best to get used to it now."

Excellent academics - Check

Great coaching staff - Check

Great team - Double Check

Great People - 105,000+ Check

Cold Weather - Check

Sounds like he is describing The Ohio State University perfectly. 

+4 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Yeah like I said it's only because I see their tweets! I believe things are actually good on the recruiting front. Besides commits I think because we are not seeing any panic offers from the coaching staff, we're all good!!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

teddyballgame's picture

I expect a lot of people to try and stop him from visiting tOSU, but once he does...it's over.

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Amen brother!

Gooz-fra-bah...

LouGroza's picture

Vols fans say they are getting everyone for whatever that is worth. Gibson is still way out in front in crystal ball picks to OSU. That means nothing in the end but shows where the guys that follow the stuff see him going. That is about as good as it can get without getting it from the recruit himself. Some of the biggest idiots in the world freely tell everyone everything they know on twitter. Very hard place to learn anything constructive.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Very true.I was just sharing my opinion.

Gooz-fra-bah...

jkrk's picture

Vols fans are always right. I'm still mad we missed on Vonn Bell. Also I've used this joke a number of times. Because Tennessee fans keep being Tennessee fans.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I do believe Gibson likes Tennessee a lot, the fans show him crazy love and he had a great visit there but having OSU as high as he does without even visiting campus yet says a lot. I hope he comes to The Shoe for one of the night games because the atmosphere will be crazy, the weather should be amazing and he will be sold on playing here. Also I hope he goes to the Tennessee game against Bama since it is a home game for the Volunteers this year. If the coaching staff is smart, they will have him visit early in the season, because they might rattle off a 6 game losing streak during conference play. Also I forgot to add I still think when it comes time for him to commit the top 2 will be Tennessee and Ohio State. When the recruiting games start to happen and really start rolling, I think he will see that Auburn not only will have Nick Marshall probably coming back for another season and two highly touted QBs in Sean White and Jeremy Johnson being young and seasoned. Same with LSU and Brandon Harris. I believe he sees that the immediate opportunities are at The Ohio State University and Tennessee.. Thanks for the article as well! Good read.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
jonping67's picture

I couldn't agree with you more Siva........This was the first article I read that really made me feel really good about our recruiting position with TG, so I had to forward it to the Buckeye Nation. I too think it will come down to the Vols and the Buckeyes and once Gibson sees the OSU campus, the training facility and Ohio Stadium I believe it will be game over. Not to mention Braxton is a senior, we run the spread, play makers all over the field (maybe even add Harris and Kirk) and our head coach is Urban Meyers. I can't see how he would choose anyone but THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!

GO BUCKS!

TheBadOwl's picture

Tennessee's returning starter at QB is going to only be a sophomore this year as well.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

sivaDavis's picture

A lot of people say Ohio State fits me better than any other school. The only reason they're fourth is because I didn't visit during the spring and didn't get to sit down with the coaches. The main reason they're at four is because I haven't visited."

Also, liked what he had to say about why OSU is fourth. In my honest opinion, I believe that when is he on campus it will be close to over. I'm guessing they will try and surround him with other big recruits like Harris and Kirk. Will be the biggest recruiting weekend of the year. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
NuttyBuckeye's picture

Which song would you rather hear during the game, Rocky Top or Hang On Sloopy?

To me, it's a no brainer.  That Rocky Top "Woooh!" is stupid....  I'm not a fan of hillbilly music.

Marc Pocock (a.k.a NuttyBuckeye)

What's round on the ends and high in the middle? Tell me if you know!

FROMTHE18's picture

Dude hasn't even been to OSU…if/when that happens, it'll be all-Buckeyes. Im not worried unless he decides to not come up to Columbus. If he is so high on OSU already without even seeing the place, that has to tell you a lot and Ive been to Knoxville and a game at Neyland. It is nice there and the stadium is huge, but trying to be objective as possible, Id take Columbus over Knoxville and the Shoe over Neyland. I think if Auburn were his top choice, I'd be more worried. Tennessee doesn't scare me with Gibson. 

luckynutz's picture

One other thing he said that sounds good is that he has already decided one one of his officials will be to columbus. And that ohio state is the only school he said he will visit unofficially this summer. The kid is obviously highly interested. And has shown interest in talking with some of our other big fish. Kirk and Harris mostly. Kirk ia another who has said we are getting one of his officials.

Its also been shown the longer a recruitment goes with meyer and the staff involved, the better the chances are they end up buckeyes.

Buckeye Knight's picture

I just don't see the appeal of a Tenn or Kentucky. I get Bama and some of the upper SEC teams, but who wants to go lose half your games every year?

Adam21's picture

Was I the only one who was disappointed when he didn't explain why Nebraska was on the list?

+1 HS
OSUCLAY519's picture

Exactly what I was thinking

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I was interested in what he said about Auburn. Something he can't put his finger on...seemed interesting. Hopefully, it's OSU in the end either way. 

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

Barnsey69's picture

Gibson is definitely entertaining himself through the process, and I agree with Siva in that he probably does like UT a lot, but if he is truly doing his homework he will know that OSU is the top choice. Especially if he can recruit Harris and others to play with him. UT will be hard pressed to make the playoffs playing in the $EC. Not to mention the after football opportunities are much better in Columbus versus Rocky Top if by chance he is not playing on Sundays for any reason. 

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

Ahh Saturday's picture

Right now his plans are to visit the Buckeyes this summer and return for an official during the season. IF that happens, he will be a Buckeye.

+1 HS
Tampabuckeye85's picture

I don't know what the recruiting process is like or will I ever. Hard to know what these kids are looking for what is important to them. Looking at things how they stand I would have to say it is an easy choice. Play for a school that is top notch ✅. Have a chance to start ✅. Have the chance to win and compete for championships✅. With Cardale and JT not really making any noise as to a clear cut back up that would mean that it's possible to come in and beat them out. If I were a top recruit and looking at that top 15 list I would have to say OSU is the only school that can provide all those athletically along with anything you could want academically.