Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

152 days since our last football commit.

rjsmitty's picture
May 1, 2014 at 1:44pm
63 Comments

For the 2015 class that is...With Ben Edwards shunning the Buckeyes for Auburn this makes Jamel Deans commitment on Dec 1, 2013 as our last. This has been, by far, the longest drought without a commit since I have been following tOSU football. Not panicking but this has me curious to say the least. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel here. Who will be the guy to break this slump?

RedStorm45's picture

#BlameFickell

It's like some people don't even check if there are 152 other topics already created on this site before creating another one.

+11 HS
rjsmitty's picture

#BlameFickell? 152 other posters have used that.

+3 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Do we need to have a discussion on the sarcasm font?

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Here comes Oyster with his dots......

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

MichiganBuckeye222's picture

I'm pretty sure that Meyer will

• not recruit well this year
  • not have a top 40 class this year
  • be fired for incompetence before the michigan game because of the shitty job he is doing recruiting.

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. We aren't looking at weeks until our next commitment, we at looking at months. We won't be getting a commitment until late June or July. Don't be surprised if Ohio State has have 5 commits in the months of December. 

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Bassdropper strikes again. You are like a misunderstood artist

+8 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Only understood by a select few, Killer.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

So...I guess you don't think we're getting Wimbush then?  ;-(

BassDropper's picture

No. Reports say he is favoring PSU.

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
BassDropper's picture

FNL is the next commitment. 

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

The guys we are in on are all deciding at all star games, at the end of the season, or waiting until signing day.

DIRECTIONER

-3 HS
Earle's picture

121 days until football season starts...

/sigh

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
rjsmitty's picture

My mistake. I corrected Clemson to Auburn.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Ben Edwards flipped to Auburn... Not Clemson.

I keep telling myself that more kids have committed but Urban has asked them to all commit on the same day so we pick up 15 kids in one day.  This is the way I rationalize our recruiting slump.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Beat me to it good sir

James Mee's picture

I like this theory. It will help me sleep at night. Despite not having any new commits 

AtomBuckeye's picture

That's exactly what I'm thinking! We have some high profile kids who have gave a silent commitment and these kids will just soak up the spot light until their ready to go public. 

AtomBuckeye

-1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

With Ben Edwards shunning the Buckeyes for Clemson

Minor correction, Ben Edwards flipped to Auburn, not Clemson

+2 HS
buckskin's picture

I'm right there with you bud and no offense, but I'm really tired of seeing these type of posts. 

Off topic, I just saw an advertisement for a team building seminar at MSU with a picture of Mark Dantonio on 11W.  I hope you charged them triple for that, I'm still pissed about that B1G title game debacle.

+2 HS
bucknasty13's picture

This thread makes me feel like this

+5 HS
MacG91's picture

Technically Darius Slade was our last football commit, but for the 2015 class, yes it was Jamel Dean. 

Mac..yeah

+4 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

It's been 887 days since TTUN last beat OSU.

+34 HS
Unky Buck's picture

The Count approves of this thread...Ha! Ha! Ha!

+11 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

This post make me think

Please someone commit so that we can stop with these...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+8 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

It's been 20,265 days since Brady Hoke has had a salad.....

+29 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Poison nuts's picture

Fried chicken of course...

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

All I can say is:

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

All that movement and he still can't lose weight.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You know with all that twisting and turning you'd think he'd be thinner!

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Be patient its all about quality not quantity, Urban hasn't let us down yet and I don't expect him to this year either. Its May 1st, the class of 2015 doesn't sign for another 9 MONTHS! 

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
+12 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Wilson agrees...

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Fixed the photo, but thanks!

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Ohio State only has 15-16 scholarships open right now for 2015. They're being selective. I think we will see a run on commitments in July-August. Perhaps sooner. 

tussey's picture

Thanks Jordan, that is really helpful to keep in mind.

jeremytwoface's picture

They only have 15-16 scholarships!?!???!

#BlameFickell

+8 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

So you are saying there is a light at then end of the tunnel and an actual method to the madness? Who would of figured.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+5 HS
Clinger76's picture

Any Dumb and Dumber reference gets Upvotes quickly from me!

"If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats, But if you take no risks, you will earn no victories."

Seattle Linga's picture

Miss Lauren Holly

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

The sky is falling!

End of the world

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Can we just delete these threads as they pop up? I love having an active 11w community, but come on. Enough's enough, and talking about it does nothing.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Honestly, with so many days left until college football starts. 11W is the fix I need everyday until then. So more thread posts that generate discussions and comments are alright by me, no matter how many times they come up or are repeated. Makes for a good show.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

kicks's picture

Thanks for the 9000th post.  We all get it, it sucks.

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Is this really a forum and ppeople are concerned about this? It's the first day of May and signing day is how long away.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+3 HS
rjsmitty's picture

Your right...why should we be concerned? It is only May and signing day is 9 months away. Meanwhile, in Alabama, 15 top flight recruits have given their verbal to Nick Saban. One 5* and eleven 4*s. But hey, Bama is probably waiting for the really good guys who will play in the All Star games, like we are, til they real in their really big fish. And lets not fool ourselves...everybody in College football gauges themselves after Bama cuz they win rings. Hell yes I'm concerned. Maybe we can get that long snapper to commit soon and get the ball rolling again!

-6 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Son of Sevenless's picture

Whenever I read the phrase 'not panicking', I know there is definitely panic.

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It's just like, "It wasn't/isn't about the money." We all know damn well it was ONLY about the money!

Unky Buck's picture

"I'm not saying the sky is falling............but the sky is falling!"

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

let's all carrying on with are day. OH

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
Clinger76's picture

IO

"If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats, But if you take no risks, you will earn no victories."

+1 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Every day I log on looking for a gray box . . . denied again.

"Statistics always remind me of the  fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." -- W. W. Hayes

+5 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

It's the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Guess I'll go walk the dog...

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

162 days

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Siva - Are you trying to say something? LOL

+2 HS
BAR43's picture

Interesting info for those who are concerned with recruiting and not having a top class:

2010 class that ranked #20. Those players had a large role in going 24-2 over these past two seasons. Their names? Carlos Hyde, Christian Bryant, Philly Brown, Andrew Norwell, Drew Basil, Bradley Roby and Johnathan Hankins.

+2 HS