Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson Tweet

irishfury's picture
April 28, 2014 at 8:09pm
33 Comments

Torrance Gibson ‏@quick_tg6  22h

Favorite: for Ohio State #BuckeyeNation  Retweet: Tennessee #VolNation pic.twitter.com/55ryHfnkXo

Does this mean where his fav?  Also it amazing how many Vol fans don't leave him alone.  

rosycheeks's picture

This was posted by a couple people in other threads. Shame on you for not following teenagers more closely on Twitter.

+13 HS
Buckeye Elite's picture

We need a leader in this class. So whether it be Wimbush, Gibson, Stevens or others we need someone to commit and be like Webb and lead in this class and be another recruiter. I believe Gibson committing would set off a huge chain reaction that we can only dream of at this point.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

+2 HS
InTressITrust's picture

It is his way of getting more attention.  If you want him to go to Ohio State you favorite it, if you want him to go to Tennessee you retweet it.

That being said my bet would be that is his current top two which is a plus considering he has not been up here to visit yet.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

God the amount of Vols fans on his twitter page is nauseating.  I can't wait for when he chooses us over them.  It'll be like Vonn Bell all over again.

+7 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I've watched this quite a few times over the last year but just realized he called Bell, "Belloni." Taking lame to a whole new level.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

This makes me feel really confident that we are in his top two.

LEBRON

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

Yeah all the Tenn fans where saying how much better they are over OSU fans cause of them tweeting them.  I made sure to Tweet him that Tenn QB had 15k followers and Braxton Miller had 140k.

+1 HS
Tritz50's picture

So you make fun of Tennessee fans tweeting at him by tweeting at him?? logical

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

The Tennessee Twitterites and Penn State Twitterites both look desperate.

-1 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

This guy is funny.  Subscribed to his channel for a year and he has no sense of optimism at all recording himself when his team is losing.  God bless this Vol.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

That's the thing about Tennessee fans... They may be the biggest dumbasses in the world and the most annoying people around but they love their football team. Most of them that I know absolutely hate Alabama rather than riding Saban's dick screaming SEC SEC SEC.

LEBRON

BME_Buckeye's picture

That's likely because they remember that Phat Phil days when they were good and take the third Saturday in October game serious. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

BME_Buckeye's picture

That's likely because they remember the Phat Phil days when they were good and take the third Saturday in October game serious. 

Byaaaahhh's picture

TG loves the attention. Wouldn't put any stock into anything he says, twitter or otherwise, until he actually signs somewhere. 

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Honestly, if I was as highly recruited as a lot of these guys, with Twitter, Facebook, etc., and receiving phone calls, letters, and visits from coaches all fawning over me, it'd be very difficult for me to not relish the attention. I don't blame him necessarily.

I also think he's logical and intelligent enough to not let the school from which he has the most followers be the deciding factor.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Yeah, I definitely don't blame him, but I think people need to understand this so they don't hinge on every word on Twitter. He's someone who enjoys discussing his recruitment, as opposed to Raekwon, who kept everything pretty close to the vest and so his statements were more meaningful. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter which attitude recruit has. Personally, I prefer Raekwon's approach, but that's just opinion.

I certainly hope he won't let Twitter sway his opinion, but popularity is a big thing for 18-year-olds. Ultimately, it has no effect on his future prospects, so I think he'll make the logical decision as well.

+1 HS
Danify's picture

Tennessee fans ... they reek of desperation. At first it's hilarious, yet after reading through some of their comments, it starts to get sad...

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If twitter ever goes down, who will UT fans stalk?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

The next commit may be 2016 QB Dwayne Haskins, who just received an offer from his "dream school".

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dwayne-Haskins,%...

+3 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Wow this is very intriguing. Wonder if this will have any affect on the 2015 QB situation.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Also humorous to see Vols fans beating their chest at UT "trouncing" OSU in the numbers, without failing to realize how the side with RTing as a "vote" has a huge built-in advantage. 

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

WesPatterson23's picture

I always think that same thing. One retweet can let at least 100 more people see that "vote"

jamesrbrown322's picture

Once again, I must say that the amount people who stalk and tweet 17 year olds, while begging him to follow them is quite disturbing. I understanding following and mentioning a recruit on Twitter if you write about recruiting for a living. Outside of that, what happens on Twitter with grown adults stalking high school kids, and begging to be re-tweeted and followed is pretty messed up IMO.

That being said, let's wait and see with Gibson. Being in his top 2 without a visit is a pretty good sign. Also, hope he really enjoys the trip to Columbus whenever he gets here. I also cannot help but notice that for the no 1 Dual QB, and top 15 overall recruit, his individual skills are pretty lowly rated by 247. So is his star rating mostly based on potential? Or maybe a position change?

+6 HS
zoetaite's picture

I am not being negative nelly here, but if the kid is the #1 ranked dual-threat QB in the nation why was he invited to the Opening as an athlete only?

Wimbush just received his invite this past weekend. Kid has a rocket of an arm. I want a pass first run second QB. I just hope when he visits Cbus and if he wants to commit UFM seals the deal. This is the kid higher on my list of the two.

I understand Gibson wants to play QB, but his mechanics aren't where they need to be to be elite at the next level. In ways he reminds me of TP and look where he is right now. He is not an NFL QB. I wish he was open to moving to WR/TE with his freakish athleteism the sky could be the limit.

ZT

+1 HS
ohst8buxCP's picture

I don't give a damn how good his arm is if he can run like that. Let him play himself out of the QB competition and into WR if it comes down to it. The kid is a freak and honestly his arm isn't that bad. People act like he can't throw the ball within 20 yards of a receiver. His mechanics really aren't very bad, he has a strong arm and is far ahead of where TP was in High school. Plus he's friends with Damien Harris  I'd take him over Wimbush easily. I think a lot of people on this site need to educate themselves on him before bashing his passing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDdLRrOO7Y

(I know this is a "highlight" tape and contains only good plays but he shows he can make some really solid passes)

+1 HS
hodge's picture

Well said.  If Meyer thinks the guy can be our quarterback, then it's obvious that he thinks any deficiencies in his passing game can be ironed out -- it sounds like he's been pretty adamant about that to Gibson as well.

rdubs's picture

If only we could get a QB who is as bad as Pryor....

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I agree to some extent with you. However, Tim Tebow was a fantastic QB, and I would kill to have him at OSU now, because he was perfect for Meyer's system. So, let us not worry too much about NFL potential at QB, because that is NOT what this system truly requires. Urban's offense has always required a TOUGH ATHLETE at the helm, rather than a gunslinger. And who's to complain? The dude's been WILDLY successful. However, it also may mean that OSU misses out on "prototypical" QBs who want to move on to the NFL. But, it also means that they can sign kids who are just phenomenal football players, and know how to win college football games.

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Right on the money JamesBrown..!

Gooz-fra-bah...

jamesrbrown322's picture

Now THIS is getting ridiculous! LOL. 

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

No it's not. Read his next tweet it says the list will be in order. If it was just top 10-15 I would agree.