Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson suspended...

BrowardBuckeye's picture
April 23, 2014 at 9:36pm
27 Comments

...for first week of spring ball, which happens to coincide with staff visits by OSU and FSU. Not going to divulge details on his personal situation but it was nothing illegal/criminal. A teachable moment...lead by example TG!

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

I think TG is gonna be alright.

+8 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

Yes, he will be fine...but he's in a great situation in a great school with a great mentor as a HC, so hopefully he learns from this and doesn't burn bridges.

SilverState's picture

Where'd you hear this from BB?

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Connection at the school...

MassiveAttack's picture

"because these problems matter..."

Great clip!  I almost fell of my couch when I saw that episode the first time.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Disclaimer: Any following posts containing speculation on the matter do not reflect the views or values of 11w.

+10 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

Agreed. No need to speculate and definitely not a character assassination. Simply providing an update on a high profile recruit. Its a teachable moment that I'm sure he'll grow from.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture
+6 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Hopefully that will be all that comes from this: a reality check.  Sucks that that will interfere with staff visits but I think everything, including TG, will be fine.

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

.....Thug.........

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Time will tell - I really hope this turns out to be a non-issue.

mtrotb's picture

Torrance-Terrelle, Terrelle-Torrance??

mtrotb

-2 HS
niblick's picture

Been saying to pass on this kid for 2 months now, absolute trouble and entitlemen, terrell pryor 2.0

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Oh come on, you've never met the kid or talked to him. Hell, I knew kids in high school who were in National Honors Society and had perfect grades and were all-around great people who got detentions for stupid shit.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Is it hard going through life judging everybody there Ruth Bader Ginsberg?

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

OOOOOOOH.

Supreme Court jokes make my manhood almost as stiff as Justice Scalia's strict interpretation of the Constitution.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+6 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Is it hard going through life judging everybody there Ruth Bader Ginsberg?

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Trouble? No need to draw that conclusion from this situation. He may like the recruiting game/attention, but it's a safe bet most of us would be enjoying every second of it as well had we been in the same situation as a HS junior. That doesn't make him a bad kid.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I don't really know anything about him, but a lot of kids get suspended in high school. It's also not usually a good sign. What I'm trying to say is this doesn't really say much. It could be harmless or it could bad. I'm not going to concern myself much either way. 

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Love this kid and would take in a New York minute but I really want Wimbush he's a more accurate JT.

Gooz-fra-bah...

cinserious's picture

Dude! Every time you comment I feel like your egg Mcmuffin is like talkin' to me man...and I don't even live in Colorado.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

BIGHEC39's picture

What did he do to get suspended?

BigHec39

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Nothing illegal or criminal, and nothing that should label him as a bad person or anything. Just a teachable moment that provides an opportunity for personal growth.

+1 HS
crusher's picture

I hate to say it but a team full of choir boys isn't going to win a National Championship. Sometimes you need to have faith that the coaches can have a positive influence on the "troubled" kids and steer them in the right direction.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

I totally agree. I think great teams need some guys that are loose cannons with a little edge to them. Of course, there is a certain limit to this and it is the coaches job to control them. 

cinserious's picture

Last year, somebody took a shitload of heat for basically saying the same thing about Notre Dame. The Irish defense didn't have enough thugs on it or something like that.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.