Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Van Jefferson Not Visiting...

John Brandon's picture
April 9, 2014 at 11:22am
27 Comments

This weekend, he has to take the ACT. He's planning on visiting next weekend now, which is shaping up to be a big one. Jefferson, Chris Clark, Ricky DeBerry and possibly Brandon Wimbush are planning to visit that weekend.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Would be an incredible haul if Ohio State landed all 4.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

yea, that would be incredible.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

Yay for Bassdropper! I was hoping you weren't gone for good. Glad to see you back.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+3 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Welcome Home BassDropper!! Bass Drop!!!

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

BEREABUCKEYE's picture

Droppin' da base like no otha!

Squirrel Master's picture

I like Clark and Wimbush visiting together. Maybe they can have one of those duo deals and come to OSU. I'm certain Wimbush would love to have a TE like Clark for 4 years!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

More interested about Wimbush being on campus than any of the others.  We need a QB to lead this class.  

Also... A commitment and "win" over PSU with Wimbush would be good for perception.  If you're one of those people that are caught up in the OSU vs PSU recruiting war.  

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Winning 4 of the last 5 on the field is all that matters to me.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
mobboss1984's picture

C'mon Wimbush

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+1 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

I'm sure Calipari can find someone to take the ACT for mr jefferson

+13 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well played.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+8 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Seems like a lot of big time targets that people are excited about are canceling their visits left and right. Whats the dealio?

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

buckeyeEddie27's picture

Nature of the beast?   Rescheduled and canceled are different.  Fret not, UFM is at the helm!

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+3 HS
Adam21's picture

Exactly. I am sure this is not abnormal for tOSU or other universities. I don't have any evidence, but I would be very surprised if this was not common.

Yea its not abnormal and happens every year and at every University. Just seems this year to be happening at a slightly higher rate then years past.Not only that but the kids that are rescheduling are kids that we are seeing people talk like we are leading for,or close to committing. I know Frank will take care of it and all will be well in Buckeye land soon enough. Hopefully we see more Ohio kids show up as surprise visitors.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I think Buckeye fans are not used to this, because during the Tressel era, they were much more conservative with offers, visits, and targets in general. Meyer and Co. cast a much broader net, so there are more opportunities for rejection.

However, one cannot allow the prospect of failure to diminish one's desire to succeed.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Rejection? He pushed back his visit one week.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Oh, I know. I wasn't saying that Jefferson is a rejection. I was just addressing the general question of why so many recruits were cancelling visits and/or committing to other schools.

I am not advocating one approach or the other, as both seem very successful. I am just stating that I think that's why Buckeye fans are so upset about it. One must also remember that 17 year old kids see college football teams and schools differently than most of us do. Remember, most high school kids now have only heard the negative things about Ohio State. It's quite unfortunately been too long since they won a title. 

Rising high school Juniors and Seniors have only seen the SEC, and last year FSU, win national titles for almost their entire football lives.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

We need a little Gray Box surprise!

+6 HS
m5987usus's picture

The fact that he is scheduling a visit AFTER the spring game, is a good thing, maybe he wants to commit in person!

O-H!

Not sure  Im understanding your reasoning here. The Spring game atmosphere is going to be electric. He could commit in person at the game. What do you mean by that?

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Well the spring game is an obvious game to go to.  He was originally planning on going to the spring game and I think he was going to commit there.  The Spring game is where EVERY recruit wants to go.  The fact that he is not able to make it to the Spring Game, but is going the week after, means that he is not just going to OSU for the spring game festivities, but going because he really wants to come back and I think commit.

O-H!

+2 HS

Would be nice and hopefully you turn out right. It really does suck though he wont be able to witness the atmosphere Saturday.

m5987usus's picture

I couldn't agree more.  I was just saying that coaches try to get every recruit up for the spring game.  But is means more that he is rescheduling for after because I think he wants to commit in person.

O-H!

Buck Commander's picture

I see gray boxes coming soon

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

DenBuck's picture

I agree we need a QB to lead this recruiting class. Gibson appears months away from even visiting. Would love to nail down Wimbush.

Buckeye For Life

Seattle Linga's picture

Clark is my main guy - next weekend could be it for him