Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Traded a few texts with Torrance Gibson...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
March 27, 2014 at 8:36pm
134 Comments

Asked him if the the reports of Ohio State dropping in lieu of LSU, Tennessee and others that he's visited this week was true.  His response was simple.

"Yes."

Common sense would seem to dictate that obviously Gibson, who has never been to Ohio State, would feel a bit more "solid" about the schools he's now visited for the first time. They are the schools who should be in front of Ohio State at this point. If they weren't, those schools should all fire their coaching staffs immediately. It's not like we're talking about Rice or SMU as the places he visited, after all. He went to Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Tennessee and is now en route to Florida. These are major football programs with coaches that now how to make a kid feel like the most important recruit in the country.

Until Gibson visits Ohio State, he has to be moved into the "not likely" category. When will he visit? That's the question. He says he's unsure if it will happen this spring, and has long insisted it's more likely to happen over the summer. Ohio State has him as a top priority on their list but until and unless he visits Columbus it's kind of all a moot point. 

Gibson did reiterate to me that he hopes to get to Ohio State this spring, but he's not sure if that's a possibility.

tdible2132's picture

Out of curiosity, where do you think the staff turns if/when we miss on Wimbush, Nunez, and Gibson?

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It seems like they have a good shot at Nunez.

They should pull a Florida, and offer Gibson's GF a scholly for whatever sport or activity she does. Seems obvious. 

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

Not worried one bit

Class of '16

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Why, because his crystal ball still favors Ohio State??? What happened to "leave it to Birm to speculate" 

DIRECTIONER

-6 HS
ab1993's picture

No... because it's FUCKING MARCH

Class of '16

+3 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

Couldn't agree with you more. Birm just said we should be dropping because he hasn't been here. You can't compare something you know to something you don't. After he visits us and THEN says we are dropping, then I get concerned. Somebody hit you with a stupid down vote. I got you back. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

So, Birm, OSU still in a pretty good position then, as he still plans to visit?

IMO, Clemson, Auburn, and OSU seem to be the best fits. Just hoping he makes it up to Columbus at some point. Any chance of getting Nunez in sometime soon?

AZBuckeyePhan's picture

If he visits I like our chances. 

TeddyHeisman's picture

Torrance Gibson just committed to Tennessee. 

-11 HS
mh277907's picture

Source?

buckeyebobcat

OSU069's picture

I don't see it anywhere.... Are you sure u didn't mean visited Tennessee?

jamesrbrown322's picture

He unofficially named them his leader on Twitter. Can't imagine that he's a good fit in their offense, but up to him. Hope he doesn't go there and try to lure Damien Harris.

+1 HS
SnooBucki's picture

I don't think he committed but Gibson did tweet this..........S/O to the #1 running back in the country @Damien_D1Harris he is showing high interest in Tennessee #VolNation

Playing the recruiting game

Deadly Nuts's picture

There is something shady happening down there in Tennessee.

LEBRON

-2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Well that didn't take long.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I have a sister who goes there right now and the campus is absolutely incredible, also the weather in Knoxville is great, and I've heard the facilities are pretty great as well.

Obviously we're all going to always act like OSU is the greatest place in the entire world, and for me, it is, but most people think the same of their universities, and for obvious reasons.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
TheBigCat's picture

I recently moved away from Knoxville after living there for two years, and working downtown.  I drove through campus frequently, and have to admit, I was extremely disappointed with their campus.  It's extremely old and outdated, and it's as if they just dropped buildings anywhere they could fit them, it all just feels very disorganized.  They actually just build new sorority houses, which they had to put in BUFU for lack of room.  I also think that TN had laws in place that said that a certain number of women living in the same house essentially qualified it as a brothel.  Gotta love the South.  In addition, the nightlife is pretty lame, especially in comparison to Columbus.  Vonn Bell's brother would have had a miserable time...

II also didn't find their to be much of a difference from southern Ohio.  Fall lasts a bit longer, spring is a bit earlier, but overall you're talking maybe 10 degrees.  The only real benefit is the snow, or rather lack there of.

I've moved frequently for work, and have visited many college campuses while on my journey, and certainly agree that most fan bases think their school/city is the best.  Having experienced a lot of college environments, I've become pretty unbiased, and must say that TN falls at the very bottom of my list.  No idea what would draw a big time recruit there.  I will say though, their fans are loyal.  They've been stuck in mediocrity for a long time, but are still very passionate about their football there.

+1 HS
kyo's picture

Funny thing about the brothel comment. I unfortunately played football at Ashland University and the sororities there cannot have any on or off-campus houses and have to stay in dorms due to an old law stating that over a certain amount of women living in one place is considered a brothel.

+1 HS
hodge's picture

When I was at OSU, we nicknamed our shithole house the BROthel.  To this day, I still can't pronounce "brothel" properly.

+1 HS
d5k's picture

That same old law is in Ohio too.... re: sarcastic Southern bashing

TheBigCat's picture

Touche B1G dump, I was inspired to look this up after your call out, and it appears you are in fact correct.  Although, I had been told this was the reasoning that UT did not have sorority houses with living quarters on campus by locals.  Apparently it is quite the popular myth.

I will stand by my opinion that UT is one of the most poorly designed universities that I've visited.  The fact that the new sorority village is in BUFU agrees with this.  Quite surprising that the campus is so unbecoming given that Knoxville in general is a very pretty city otherwise.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

WUT???
I was calling BS on the original post, the one which I replied to, that said Gibson had just committed to Tennessee. If you look at the time stamp, that comment was also a day before you even posted anything.
Cool story though...

+1 HS
SnooBucki's picture

Well shit............

m5987usus's picture

Ok birm what about Nunez?

O-H!

Deadly Nuts's picture

This is gonna be good....

LEBRON

+3 HS
bodast67's picture

I really fu8*king hate clowns.....

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+4 HS
OSU069's picture

You seriously just made that up? For real dude? 

+1 HS
TeddyHeisman's picture

You seriously believed it? For real dude?

-11 HS
OSU069's picture

Not really. I checked on twitter and there was nothing. Still kind of a dick move. 

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

They're just mad Teddy lol. One thing you need to learn is don't mess with a bunch of delusional Ohio State fans who have nothing else to worry about but where a kid goes to college.

Oh yea, and one thing I've learned is this fan base has a really difficult time understanding what sarcasm is....or they just reject sarcasm because this is a message board, and we all know message boards are serious, dammit!

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
mh277907's picture

BD - I defended you in the other forum for stating that you thought Gibson was leaning towards UT because all you did was state an opinion. But, it comes off as awfully trollish when people just make shit up and then taunt people who get upset about it. And saying "Gibson just committed to Tennessee" is not sarcasm. That's just making shit up to piss people off. I believe that is also called trolling.

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

Thanks for the support, but I find Teddy's act to be comical. I can only hope to be half the troll he is one day. 

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
mh277907's picture

I guess we all have aspirations.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
zoetaite's picture

Not to be a dick, but is it me or is this kid over-rated at the QB position? I think he is a freakish athlete and could see him as a wideout. I think he is a huge project at the QB position. Mechanics are horrible.

Look at the issues Braxton has and he will be a Senior. Give me a kid who can sling the ball 8-10 yards first and scramble when needed second - that is a true dual-threat QB.

ZT

-7 HS
TeddyHeisman's picture

Well the good news is that we aren't recruiting him to be Peyton Manning. 

He's the top dual-threat QB in America for a reason.......and there's certainly a reason that pro-style offenses aren't appealing to him. 

-10 HS
OSU069's picture

We will see. Either way Gibson is going to be a very good player at some position. The most important thing is for us to get his signature . The rest will work itself out. 

Statutoryglory's picture

Damn, worst news I've heard in a while.  Thought for sure he'd be ours.  3 straight years we don't land our #1 QB target.  Not something Urban is used to I'm sure.  Jameis, Watson, and Gibson.

-2 HS
OSU069's picture

Did I miss where he committed somewhere else? If he visits I think we will get him. Don't jump off the ledge yet. 

Braxton2Devin's picture

Well... doesn't sound like he cares too much about trying to get on OSU's campus anyways. No way he's a Buckeye with that perspective. 

OSUStu's picture

We've landed plenty of recruits that visited late in the process and favored other schools early.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Ya, but those guys really wanted to visit, at least once

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

@John/Birm... If we miss on Gibson, who's likely the next guy in line that we have a legitimate shot of landing? 

zoetaite's picture

I say we just go hard at Wimbush (sp). Kid looked like he wanted to commit early then UFM slow played him. I'd rather have kids that are pumped to play for our program then these glory whores who love all the attention.

ZT

-2 HS

Brandon Wimbush is still the most likely candidate in my mind.

Think Wimbush holds off of committing to PSU that long? Seemed like he wanted to commit early. 

+1 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Going to be a tough pull at this point, Birm. I wish that spring game visit was still on.

SilverBullet-98's picture

Nunez #1

Wimbush a close #2

Stevens #3

Gibson is a WR.

"The Past Builds the Future"

HilltopHustle's picture

Guess I should have posted my "I have a bad feeling..." reply to the Gibson article earlier this week, but I feared I'd have been eaten alive. The thing is, I always was concerned about these many visits Gibson planned. There was bound to be somebody—maybe multiple schools—that surprised the young man beyond what he expected (as is the case with Tennessee tonight, perhaps).

Wimbush has been to Penn State twice since February (Jr. Day and last weekend), and his mom, a PSU alum, has been along with. Nunez I think we have a real crack at, but there needs to be some additional work.

All in all, yep... go on, freak out if you must, but we'll work it out... some way.

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Lot of folks in high places back tracking rather fast on this particular situation. We could have made a major mistake by not targeting Wimbush a kid that wanted to play in the B1G as our #1 target in favor of a kid entrenched in sec territory. We need a top QB in a bad way in this class and the earlier the better to help with the others.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS

Please explain the backtracking comment. 

-1 HS

Just go read the entire "Torrance Gibson Big News" thread in its entirety. I really enjoy this site and dont get a thrill out of pointing fingers and such. For the record my post had absolutely nothing to do with you saying this was a tOSU vs Miami battle. Just a lot of people getting raked over the coals because their opinions differed from Birms. I know myself I have been following recruiting very closely for over ten plus years and some are new to this so they deserve a break. Recruiting with the big dogs is not for the faint of heart ill tell ya that.

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

Very good post. Not all news is ground breaking, not all tweets.

Hell, last year at this time, some people thought we'd be getting Kwon, Watson, Autry, Kitt, etc out of Gerogia because of a few tweets. I even got a little wrapped up in that haha.

It's touch as a fan but we have to take pretty much all recruiting news with a grain of salt (both good and bad).

I can't imagine being a coach. This is our hobby. That is their job. They're the ones who spend hundreds of hours researching and recruiting these kids!

+1 HS
GirthBrooks's picture

He visited tennessee, auburn, lsu, oklahoma.....if he wanted to vist osu(or if they they were tops), he would have. Now he's unsure if he will or not in the near future. Not good news

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

He said he didn't want to visit OSU because of the extra time it would take to drive up here. He wanted to stay in the south for this tour. 

LEBRON

Hayze's picture

This. These visits are all stop in for a day, drive to the next one. He couldn't do that with OSU.

It might even be better that he didn't. He'll see some of the school he liked now, and then (most likely) visit OSU in the summer, for a longer period of time and closer to his decision date.

If/when he visits, I'll like our chances.

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Yawn.

He obviously has high interest in us. He loves Urban, visited for the bowl practices and his HS coach loves OSU.

Same thing today as yesterday. If/when he visits, we'll be right in the thick of it, if not in the lead. If he doesn't visit, than oh well.

Recruiting is all about who you get and if you develop them. Not who you don't get. We'll be fine with or without Gibson.

And it's march. Remember when we were the clear favorite to land Clifton Garrett? Then he visited the school he really wanted to go to (LSU) and it was over from there. Its a marathon not a sprint (looking at you PSU and Michigan).

+7 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

To be fair, Michigan's 2014 class (last year's "sprint" team) would have faired much better if not for the flips later. They wouldn't have finished above us, but they would have at least been better than a sanctioned Penn State. Hoke's going to have a tough time with this year's class too, it appears. I fear Penn State won't follow in Michigan's footsteps and may actually give us a run through NSD.

I've said it before Hayze, but if a few more of these top targets fall through (like Christian Kirk, who we are NOT going to get), we'll be left trying to pouch instead of getting the early verbals... which I'm 100% cool with so long as it works.

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Cannot upvote this comment enough! You're right on point Hayze.

It's March! Still a long way to go to NSD!

ohst8buxCP's picture

If we can pull Vonn Bell we can pull anyone. I feel better about this kid than I did about Raekwon or Bell at this point but what do I know?

+1 HS
osubuck57's picture

Count me in on the Wimbush bandwagon, but he is getting a lot of love from PSU and Franklin. Add that his mom was a PSU grad, and it doesn't look good. He was my #1. Nunez would be great too, but pulling him from the south is going to be tough. Georgia and Clemson I would bet are 1a and 1b with him. Think we need to focus more on the accurate passers, and less on the speed guys.Like I've stated in the past, we don't need another running back in the already crowded backfield. We need a gun slinger that can get the ball out to our WRs and TEs.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

You always need playmakers in this offense. That's how it is designed. For the QB to be a playmaker. Like it or not, as long as we have Meyer we will recruit way more run first QBs than pass first (even if they are mobile). That's just the way he does things.

+1 HS
TeddyHeisman's picture

I remember similar freak-outs over Raekwon. That one seemed to work itself out. 

-10 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

see what happens when you make up rumors minuses, minuses, minuses :)

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Don't go falling in love with anyone.  It's so early and we've got a long way to go guys.

Even if we were to eventually miss on Gibson for whatever reason it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

+12 HS

BWAHA the haters were in such hate mode they didnt even notice this was a different and very good regular contributor to 11W. Staff should put something in place that punishes people who do stuff like this. Just because the first part of his screen name was the same? Seriously? Kids need to get a life....Go ride a bike or clean up the garage.Quit loafing in grannies basement for Christ sake.

Ps. I tried to upvote a bunch of your posts ballgame to cancel out the ridiculous amount of DVs you were getting from irate clowns that cant even get the correct user right.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Yeah, I always thought Ohio State was a longshot for Gibson. I think he might visit, but i see him staying South.

+3 HS
bodast67's picture

None of these other schools run a better "Dual Threat" offense than the Buckeyes do right now. If he wants to continue playing in an offense that will display his skills, he  needs to give TOSU a shot before he makes his decision. I am not worried as Urban and crew will do their best to bring him in. if he doesn't come here, so be it.

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

Actually Auburn runs the offense that best suits his current skill level. Hopefully he would aspire to be more of a passer then what their offense currently puts out. This year Braxtons passing stats will be huge in the future of recruiting. There was a point in time last season when tOSU actually led the Nation in passing TDs. I fully expect the beginning  of last year to be magnified and for us and Brax to come out gunning from the jump.

ab1993's picture

Dear Urban: make Wimbush your #1 priority

Class of '16

+3 HS

I agree here.  UFM won't be trying to pull a kid out of the south and Wimbush is supposed to be the more polished passer.  Sick of seeing ATH's at the QB position.  I love having Braxton on my team, but I'm ready to see a little better passing game from OSU.  

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

There will be better passing when the WR start playing better. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
CaliforniaBuckeye's picture

I admit I would love to get the Gibson kid, but I've always been a fan of Lorenzo Nunez. 6'2 190 and 4.5 40yrd dash. Great accuracy and very athletic in the open field. He's always had Ohio St. as his #1 school even has pictures wearing OSU gear to school. All around great looking recruit don't sleep on him i'm sure Urban isn't.

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Completely agree with you on Nunez CaliforniaBuckeye. Wimbush most likely ends up at PSU, Stevens at MSU and Gibson most likely stays in the south. Then again we have "The Closer" so anything is possible!

BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

This Gibson thing is exactly like the Watson deal last year!! He will probably never visit and stick right in the south! I find it funny all these high profile recruits want to play for a team with tradition and a team/ coaching staff that could get them to the nfl! News flash for every kid in the south! The nfl plays in nasty cold wet weather! Soooooo getting out of the warm cozy south and playing up north will help you better prepare for the nfl!! It just common sense!

IH8UOFM's picture

I didnt play college football, but I know some guys that did...and at a high level. They told me they fell in love with every school they visited and that school was their new leader each time they visited. Hopefully OSU is one of his final visits.

Mortc15's picture

I don't want to knock a kid for trying to find the best place for him to go to school and play football but this tweet is something that made me scratch my head. I dont see Tennessee as a place that allows him to get either of those things. At least not in the near future with the current state of the rest of the conference.

Buck-I4Life

-1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

The thing I'm wondering is how Tennessee got a hold of that trophy on the left.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS

Has to be a pic from Auburn because even the great Peyton Manning and his daddy couldnt buy a heisman for Tennecleat.

+1 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

Damn, he could have been one of the best to ever wear the Scarlet and Gray. Wonder how long Butch Jones will have to turn things around in Knoxville... good class last year, but they are poised to struggle on the field again in 2014.

-1 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Need to work the Damien Harris angle, but what do I know I purchase shit for a living...I'll leave it in the capable hands of UFM.

Birm, I assume UFM is handling Gibson himself, but does he have an assistant on him as well?

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Guys, it's March. If he doesn't visit at least once before his senior season starts, then maybe I'd worry but even then, probably not. You still have in home visits, official visits, etc. (I think it'd be great to get TG and Damien Harris on campus for the OSU/UM game.) But anyway like I said, it's March guys, let's trust in The Closer.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

If the kid says he's dropped OSU, then he's dropped OSU in his order of importance.  I see this becoming just like the stuff from last year with DeShaun Watson.  I love seeing the optimism...because SO many were last year about him too and we all saw how that panned out. Just because he visits OSU, doesn't mean he'll commit.  Let's just keep that in mind.  I love Urban and Co. but if last year taught us anything, it should have taught us who follow recruiting not to get your hopes up.  Just saying... 

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

Squirrel Master's picture

DAMN, IF ONLY WE HAD QUALITY QB'S ALREADY ON THE TEAM WHO COULD PLAY THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS! IF ONLY WE HAD 4-5 RUNNING BACKS TO LEAD THIS TEAM OVER THEN NEXT 2-3 YEARS! WHY DOES THIS TEAM NOT GET THESE GUYS AND JUST HAVE SCRUBS!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+7 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

Thank you Squirrel Master, Dude of Dudes.  I couldn't have said it sarcastically better than you did, for sure!  

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

Poison nuts's picture

Agreed Squirrel - if only OSU could finally find some damn talent!!! 

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

lljjgg's picture

Recruiting is a loooooong process, with a lot of ups and downs.

Just a couple of thoughts:
1) I hope they press Nunez hard. Don't make the same mistake they made with Kyle Allen/Deshaun Watson, when they all but gave up recruiting Allen to go all in on Watson. Allen has said on a few occasions that he likely would have been a Buckeye had they shown him the love early that they did late. Personally I think Allen will end up even better at A&M than Watson will at Clemson. Unfortunate missed opportunity there.
2) Gibson is coming off of a lot of really exciting first visits. Of course he thinks higher of Tennessee or LSU than OSU when he's just spent days on their campuses getting fawned over in person by their coaches. If he visits OSU and still has Tennessee, LSU, etc. above OSU, then I'd worry.
3) Situations like this one are why I stopped following recruiting so closely with this 2015 class. I check in about once a month or so. Anymore and these things drive me crazy! Huge respect for guys like Birm and Jordan who are able to keep their professionalism while still being OSU fans (and in Jordan's case an OSU student). The ups and downs with recruiting drive me crazy! That's why I had to force myself to stop following it so closely haha. 

+2 HS
allinosu's picture

People are allowed to have a wish list. It doesn't mean they are not satisfied. I enjoy the recruiting game. There is always a scrooge. 

TeddyHeisman is one of the world's greatest internet trolls OF ALL TIME. He is always welcome here and more importantly, loved. He's a guy we want on this board. We need on this board.

Teddy's committed to another school, but we'd love to flip him.

teddyballgame's picture

He did a masterful job.  I think some of his downvotes even spilled over onto me because my name is similar lol :)

+3 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

My friend Osama bin Smith had to change his name for the same reason, TBG.  Make-up +1 for you.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

allinosu's picture

Who said he wasn't?

+1 HS
millertime2011's picture

He said that all of the schools he has visited are ahead of all that he hasn't. This is expected and smart, in my opinion. In no way has he done anything that makes it seem as though his desire to visit OSU is diminished. Pump the breaks. Still a long way to go.

TraSmith4's picture

Did Tennessee buy that Heisman trophy from Reggie Bush? That pic had to be from a visit to another school.

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Could this be the beginning of a real good thing????????????

Mike Farrell        ✔ @rivalsmike

Hearing that #Florida #FSU #Alabama and #OhioState are top four for nations No 1 RB Damien Harris right now from good source.
9:54 AM - 28 Mar 2014

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+4 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

To put it simply, I have complete faith in this staffs recruiting abilities.

Go1Bucks's picture

made up troll sheit.!

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Go to Cleveland.com and find the article SA

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

SilverState's picture

Ohio State visit before then?

weimerad's picture

What I would like to know is why is he delaying and/or taking to long to visit OSU? 

Woodshed's picture

It is neither convenient nor cheap to come to ohio from Florida.

+4 HS
BengalErnst's picture

Ends up at Tennessee. Switches to WR after first season. Becomes a first round draft pick. Not a bad call on his behalf.

Nicholas l Ernst

+4 HS

Very good crystal ball on that except I think coach Butch would embarrass him as soon as he steps on the practice field by having walk-ons out throw him and let him know if he wants to play QB he is going to sit some years,then have him work with the WRs and show him he can step on the field from the first snap. I think there are a few coaches that are hoping they can pull off this caper.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Josh Dobbs is decent enough to lead them to some great stuff with Marquez North on one side and Gibson on the other.

With that said, Gibson is good enough to lead the Buckeyes to even greater things, as a quarterback.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Seattle Linga's picture

Holy moly guacamole - things got off topic quickly.

nebraskafaninwi's picture

As a complete outsider in all of this, things are not trending well for OSU right now with Gibson's recruitment. OSU has the coach and name to keep in the dog fight, but we all know how things go when a recruit doesn't visit your school after talking up your school when the recruit visits a ton of other schools on their "trip." 

My advice, don't get worked up if you don't land Gibson. I would be more worried about not landing a true QB. 

+1 HS
e135800's picture

He just de-committed from Tenn.

+3 HS
bull1214's picture

now the attention being given to Deondre francois makes a lot more sense. this is now my guess for the qb recruit in this class.

rbesr's picture

I like the film I saw of Francois. Gibson just strikes me as an attention hound at this point. 

PittBuckeye's picture

I get that, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think guys at his level get so much attention paid to everything they say and do I think that can get blown up a bit. He has a whole lot of people who make people like them for a living trying to make him like them. And he likes them. Anyone in his position who isn't quiet is going to have people overanalyzing everything he says and does. 

-1 HS

Is it just me or does Gibsons face look really similar to Brandon Harris a QB we recruited last year that committed to LSU? Im not sure if it just their mouth or what and I wish I could post the similarities but Im being controlled by a super virus at the moment.

southbay's picture

Im being controlled by a super virus at the moment.

Is that anything like a Futurama brain slug?  Hope you can get that fixed soon...

Fry Futurama Brain Slug

Hah that's funny but Im not sure how similar it is. My computer has been taken over by some type of terrorist. I wont give in  to their demands and I have used multiple programs to try to free myself to no a veil.

zebiraross's picture

We need to get TG on campus ASAP.

Zeb

SilverState's picture

...it at least seems like its between us and Tennessee. #tealeavesarehardtoread

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Have all the Vol followers you want, Meyer coached 3 different qb's who went to NYC in the last 7 years 2 of the walking away with the Heisman...

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

This just shows how insane UT fans are.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS