Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Basketball Recruiting, Did Anyone Stand Out at State Championships?

Norwalk's picture
March 23, 2014 at 12:35pm
8 Comments

Just wondered if any "under the radar" recruits stood out at the OHSAA championships? The standout seniors from Norwalk (DII State Champions!) Ben Haraway, Jordan Johnson, and Jeff Thomas didn't get much attention despite going 76 - 3 over the last 3 seasons. Thomas is the only kid signed with a DI college - Georgia State. Haraway and Johnson will be going to DII Malone. I guess it shows how important AAU ball is compared to high school when talking about getting attention for BB recruiting.

Edited - Thomas, Haraway LOI's

BuckeyeAZOH's picture

Thomas is going to Georgia st, not haraway. 

Purple Raider

+1 HS
Lawver_5's picture

Kipper Nichols from St Edwards looked really good, it appears he has d1 offers already too. 

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Real nice crop of Juniors that will be more visible next year. 

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

With Craft gone, we need another point guard. No more behind Scott. 

Deadly Nuts's picture

Russell can run the point. I don't know if A.J. Harris will be ready his freshman season.

LEBRON

+1 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

I may have missed this, but is Mickey Mitchell still solid? Great court vision and good athlete. Really want him to remain in the class.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
John Brandon's picture

Still committed, though many have him flipping to SMU

Whoa Nellie's picture

Funderburk was pretty darn clutch for St. Ed's.  Has already visited OSU.  But is only a sophomore. 

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS