Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
March 20, 2014 at 10:05pm
23 Comments

Talked to Mr. Clark a bit the last few days, was pretty steady in saying no other visits were coming after he surprising committed to UNC over the weekend. Now it appears that the Buckeyes - and maybe Notre Dame - are both in line to possibly receive a visit sometime in April after all.

I think, from my talks with him, that he's trying to appease some people close to him, because the kid was pretty clear even a day ago that UNC was everything he was looking for. 

Stay tuned.

tussey's picture

signing day is a long way off, it can't hurt if we get him onto campus...

WhySoSerious's picture

Awesome. With or without him, will be a ok..

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Ericgobucks's picture

I am surprised that a kid would have all these visits scheduled and then drop the hammer and comment to UNC. Obviously he wanted to visit a certain number of schools and then make a decision. Seems very odd. 

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

So he may end up visiting, but it's only to make someone close to him happy? Am I reading that right?

KBonay's picture

It's the right thing for the young man to check out other programs. Even if he sticks with UNC.    Take advantage to see new places & meet new people. 

teddyballgame's picture

I just don't understand why he felt the need to commit and stop looking around right then.  UNC isn't going anywhere and they'll always have room for you.  What can it hurt to continue with your visits and make sure UNC is actually the best? 

Seattle Linga's picture

UNC and OSU are worlds apart - in football talent - not quite sure why he would shut it down so soon.

+1 HS
rdubs's picture

UNC is about to have the first TE drafted most likely in Ebron, so not exactly like he would be slumming it.

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

And lets not forget Giovani Bernard is from UNC.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Both great points - how many current players do they have in the NFL now? Kind of telling as well.

TheBadOwl's picture

Quite a few, actually. Hakeem Nicks, Julius Peppers, Robert Quinn, Quinton Coples, Greg Little and TJ Yates, to name a few.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
ohhiyo's picture

didn't this guy just tweet like a week or two ago that he could see himself playing at UVA and how they will deff be in consideration when its all said and done. sounds like paper in the wind

mtrotb's picture

He lives in Virginia.  He goes to a boarding high school in Connecticut where by the way the competition is just horrible.  I grew up in CT and the high school talent is average at best, the prep schools are not even that.

mtrotb

FitzBuck's picture

Does UNC have beautiful women as hostesses?  Nice weather?  Good academics?  Yep I could see going there too until someone pointed out I would be playing football there.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

KBonay's picture

Interesting.....

-2 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I believe 247 said that scUM was his leader so this could be a bad thing for us. 

TheBadOwl's picture

So if he commits to UM, then visits us and flips and signs with us, will people here still talk shit about him like they do with other kids who flipped twice (Anzalone, Kiel, Eluemunor, etc.) or no because he picked the team we all wanted?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
bethmowins's picture

This is part 2 of his tweet. He said he's not committing soon. Here's the first part.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I am sure we would all love every visit too when these programs roll out the red carpet. That is why I like OSU being Gibson's last unofficial. It gives them a chance to out do everyone else. I would like Clark, but as with most recruits, if they miss, they'll still be fine. Consider this - if they land Hicks and/or Depriest, do we get the pleasure of watching RDS the last two years?

So, I say, let's just give the kids time to visit and make a GOOD choice that fits THEM. Hopefully that is OSU.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

It makes a World of difference when adding that first part on to it. Thanks for clearing that up.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Hoke has a no visit policy for his commits so I can't imagine that will work out. 

-1 HS
Crimson's picture

You just said "Hoke" and "work out" in the same sentence.  Funny stuff.

+5 HS
Gray Box's picture

Clark from NFTC this past weekend:

+3 HS