Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson talking to Christian Kirk about OSU, changes timeline on commitment

ab1993's picture
March 2, 2014 at 6:24pm
59 Comments
dubjayfootball90's picture

kind of freaked out after seeing that, haha

+3 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

The first three times i watched this, i laughed my rear off... then I kept watching... and it got scary... and now, I just can't look away for fear of my life.  I expect nightmares tonight.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+3 HS
Chise47's picture

That is the epitome of a picture being worth a thousand words.

+2 HS
mobboss1984's picture

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This could be very good news

+8 HS
m5987usus's picture

Maybe TG doin some recruiting for us!

O-H!

Gray Box's picture

Kirk seems to get a long with an OSU QB in Collier too: 

As well as Dixon and Raeking Ball:

+5 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture
+1 HS
KBonay's picture

This has to be good news. And Dixon and Quon as hosts was brilliant. 

TG would not only be huge as QB, but in picking up other recruits. 

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

If we land Kirk between him, Dontre, Samuel, Run TMC, and Zeke among the others the BIG Ten officials will be handing out speeding tickets to Urban with all that offensive speed. 

+7 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'm pretty sure they'll actually be hiring Bert to hand out speeding tickets. It's a safety issue.

+13 HS
buckeyes7222's picture

What was Gibson's old timetable for his commitment? As in before he said he might commit after his senior year

Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

I believe he said signing day or one of the All-Star games... Plus Kirk is enrolling early and know Gibson may commit earlier which may mean an early enrolling too, but lets not jump the guns yet. Long way to go! 

+1 HS
bkleppel's picture

Gotta love how our recruits also recruit for us

Jbucks's picture

it would be best for Buckeyes if TG committs earlier, we're missing the 1 shining recruit that not only appeals to other recruits, but goes out and recruits for his team, that guy was supposed to be EGW but hes doing the right thing & keeping a low profile after off the field problems, TG would be the best guy to lead the charge in this class! unless he is already doing so & already knows where he wants to go, I.e talking to Kirk bout OSU.

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

If he already knew I feel like he would've committed. But who knows, maybe his parents want him to explore his options first or he just wants to make another visit here first. Who knows

Class of '16

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

It looks like good news but I wouldn't get too excited about this.

I season my simple food with hunger

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

harleymanjax's picture

"Because I couldn't go for 3"

+4 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

learned to chill my anticipations for the recruiting class until at least the summer as this time last year I was thinking we'd land the georgia studs and maybe Jalen Hurd from the south and keep Clifton Garrett in the Midwest. Also, I had no idea who Curtis Samuel was, nor McLaurin, Collier, etc. So Ill reserve judgement on these updates for now. But, can't hurt if those guys are developing a relationship and both are high on OSU.

+7 HS
Phillips.449's picture

^^Every time I see this Gif I think of this commercial:

+4 HS
AndyVance's picture

A man just needs a place where he can be/wild and free/tennnnnnn calories...

+2 HS
bodast67's picture

Always an upvote for Jeremiah Johnson !

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

mtrotb's picture

Agree with the above poster.  This time last year Jalen Hurd was talking OSU was his fav school and Eddie George was his idol since Hurd is from Tenn and Eddie played there.  Then before you knew he committed to Tenn in March.  Garrett was supposedly a heavy lean and Autry from Georgia was saying we were his dream school, although we never did offer him.  Let's see after Friday Night Lights and the summer camps where we stand.

mtrotb

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Hurd was a surprise.

Garrett wanted $$$, so Meyer stopped recruiting him.

Autry's offer wasn't really a OFFER, IMO.

-1 HS
otrain2416's picture

I'm pretty sure your Garrett statement is false. It was probably more that Raekwon was at the top of our board at MLB and we were going all in on him. 

route4buckeye's picture

No. We would have taken Garrett regardless. My statement is correct. Why do you think we all the sudden stopped having contact with him? Kid is a five star player. We would have taken him. Plus he's an OLB and Kwon is a MLB.

+2 HS
Gray Box's picture

I think that Garrett's recruiting died off after he tweeted about Urban letting him talk to Tebow on the phone for about 8 seconds while Urban and Tebow were having lunch and Ohio State had to self report a recruiting violation. I think It was a slippery slope that Urban didn't want to go down especially when within the next two months after the phone conversation the Buckeye's landed Hubbard, Berger and Booker(all listed as OLB). I think they felt very good with Raeking Ball too who 247Sports, Rivals and Scout all have/had Garrett listed as a MLB. I really wanted Garrett, and your source could be right, but I feel what I just wrote are more reasons to why the recruiting stopped rather then Garrett wanting money.

Ohio State Self-Reports Violation From Tim Tebow Phone Call: 

Whoa Nellie's picture

LMAO @ thefumble dot com

"Tebow dealt Ohio State another crushing blow." 

Hyperbolic much?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Hayze's picture

Hurd and Autry I can agree with.

Please don't start unfounded rumors about players wanting cash just because they decided they wanted to play in the SEC.

route4buckeye's picture

Not starting rumors. I have a source that says so. You can choose to believe it or not.

-1 HS
Crimson's picture

Unless you reveal your source, you have no source.

I have a source who says you are lying!

+4 HS
route4buckeye's picture

My source is a prestiged insider on a certain message board network that I frequent on and pay money for.

Hayze's picture

If its 247 than show me where this information is. I'm a subscriber there.

Otherwise, I have nothing else to saying you're making it up or lying but LSU has done very well in Illinois the last few years. It's not surprising the top player last year wanted to go there.

route4buckeye's picture

Scout. I don't understand why everyone is attacking me.

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

Apologies. Was not meaning to "attack" you.

When a poster comes into a thread and begins a pretty big rumor, it's natural to want to know where said poster heard that rumor.

BassDropper's picture

Cut Route4 some slack. Garrett was all about $$$ and early on in the recruiting process he wasn't afraid to let who know it. Just ask the Iowa coaches if they think Garrett wanted money or not.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
HolyBuckeyeOSU's picture

As "FromThe18" said, I share the same feelings, however, it is always welcomed news when you see things like this because...well, why wouldn't it be? Hopefully things swing the Buckeyes way and we can look back at this thread and all high five each other. Long ass way to go but for now and this early, kind of sweet music to hear!

Go Buckeyes! 

BassDropper's picture

It seems like Gibson doesn't mess with Ohio State as much as he used to. He rarely tweets about OSU anymore. He seems to be on Tennessee's nuts right now.

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That's because Tenn fans are insane on twitter.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
SilverState's picture

Case in point:

+1 HS
Wesleyburgess1's picture

Im not getting excited about Tg . I have a friend who works at Tennessee and they are super exited about him. They think they have a really good shit at landing him and the way he talks they seem to think that Ohio State is there only competition. He said that it seems he is only TRULY considering Osu and Tenn. All else is just going through the process.

TheBadOwl's picture

Tennessee fans are delusional. I have a sister who goes there and she would talk about how good OSU was and all of her friends said that they'd crush us because they're in the SEC and we're not.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

This. They believe everyone who considers them are locks. This will come down to OSU, Auburn and maybe Miami, IMO. We're in very good shape.

Oregon isn't in the SEC either. How'd that work out for Tennessee?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

ab1993's picture

I wouldn't worry about it he just likes all the attention from whoever he gets it from.

Class of '16

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I can't say as though I blame him. If colleges wanted me, when I was in H.S., as bad as they want him, I'd revel in the sunlight too.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Mercurius's picture

Gibson said he is going to visit tOSU over his spring break which starts on March 24th.

+1 HS
Travis's picture

We are getting Gibson... We will have Prior 2.0 with a better arm and throwing mechanics.

Basically, Urban and co are going to be swimming in crystal footballs for days.

----

This is me talking out of my ass as well, sorry.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!

While I would love him to be better than TP, that's a really tall order.

hit_the_couch's picture

Pryor came much faster and bigger as a frosh; lowered his shoulder to take out LBs. That's not happening with Gibson, maybe 3 years down the line, but he's likely to lose speed and elusiveness as he gets biggers. I still hope he comes and pans out though.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

hit_the_couch's picture

247 has this Gibson kid rated as the #1 DT QB in his class; I hope he is the real deal if he comes here, unlike that former #1, Gardner, up north.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

-1 HS