Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark TE '15 CT - Notre Dame Offer

BuckeyeLaw's picture
February 18, 2014 at 4:08pm
22 Comments

It this an offer that Urban and the coaches should be worried about? My ND friend sent me an email with an excerpt from an article where he sounds pretty excited about ND (I'm not sure from where the article is published). 

That particular school joined the mix on Tuesday as Notre Dame extended an offer to the 2015 tight end.“I’m so happy man, this means the world to me,” the 6-foot-6, 247-pounder from Avon Old Farms in Avon, Conn., said.

It’s a big offer for Clark, who said he knows “a ton” about Notre Dame.
“I know the success they’ve had and a ton of tradition,” said Clark. “They’re always sending guys to the NFL.
“Three of my uncles and my grandpa all went to Notre Dame. It’s really the school of my family and on my mom’s side too. My mom is really excited about Notre Dame. She’s constantly asking, ‘What’s happening with Notre Dame?’ It’s definitely a school everybody is really excited about in my family.”

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I know the success they’ve had

It's not the 80s anymore.

“They’re always sending guys to the NFL.

And fake girlfriends.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
MacG91's picture

Sure ND has the rep of sending TEs to the NFL but OSU is in a unique position to offer him early playing time considering no TE last year and the way Baugh has been messing up. 

Mac..yeah

teddyballgame's picture

So basically his family has a giant hardon for ND.

+4 HS
Buckeye06's picture

I never blame a kid for going to a school that he is a legacy at.  Just one of those things you deal with in recruiting.  If his entire family roots for ND, it's similar to a kid in Ohio wanting to be a Buckeye his whole life...

+4 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

This kid will not be a buckeye imo. Nd or uga all the way for him

O'Deez330
stark county football

+3 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

Steve Wiltfong tweeted that the offer brought Clark's mother to tears. I can't embed but here is the link. 

https://twitter.com/swiltfong247/status/435813594404376577

Hopefully he will still come to the good guys. 

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+1 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Seems there's a lot of mom's crying about recruiting lately.

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Over under on 1 LOI's being held hostage in 2015, I can't wait for the 30 for 30..."My mom won't sign my LOI"

allbucksallthetime's picture

If ND is the best place for him and his family, best of luck to Clark.  The one thing I am confident in is that tOSU coaching staff will bring in a great talent at tight end and in one year we'll be celebrating another terrific recruiting class.  Go Bucks!.  

+2 HS
buckeyefansince03's picture

i mean in all honesty, Notre Dame is the better program too, they have a rich tradition that Ohio state cant compete with and not many college football teams can say that they have had charlie weis and tyrone willingham coach their teams, and lets be honest here, they are two of the best coaches to ever coach college football. so with that being said this guy is making the correct call... but my heart is always with ohio state.  O.H.

-3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

i mean in all honesty, Notre Dame is the better program too, they have a rich tradition that Ohio state cant compete with and not many college football teams can say that they have had charlie weis and tyrone willingham coach their teams, and lets be honest here, they are two of the best coaches to ever coach college football. so with that being said this guy is making the correct call... but my heart is always with ohio state.  O.H.

Please learn how to use the sarcasm font, stat! Otherwise, I have a laundry list of insults to hurl your way...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

If you couldn't tell it was sarcasm, you have bigger problems.

+6 HS
rdubs's picture

check the dude's post about Braxton, not sarcasm just trolling....

+2 HS
buckeyefansince03's picture

it seriously wasnt sarcasm!

-4 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

And grizzly adam's had a beard

Is this sarcasm too?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Crimson's picture

It must be, right?

TBDBITL0509's picture

I think Birm's called this guy's recruitment something like "New day, new offer, new favorite." ND may in fact be his dream offer, but he's seemed equally excited about a dozen other new offers in the last month or two. 

Silver Bullet 10's picture

I think there is a Michigan troll in this thread.

At this point, I think the only way Ohio State lands him is if Kelly jumps to the NFL.

-1 HS
buckskin's picture

My ND friend at work tonight told me there were some rumblings on some ND boards that  Heurman was considering a transfer to OSU. 

+2 HS
BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

This already in starting to remind me of blazvich's recruitment from last year! Unlike last year urban doesn't seem like he is going to wait and see.. We need 2 te's in this class and there is a bunch of good ones..offer all the ones that fit our system and take the first 2 that committ! Screw the every visit I take or offer I get there my favorite now! No more elemuneor crap! Lol