Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Adam McLean Offer

KeithMC33's picture
February 18, 2014 at 1:11pm
15 Comments

I just saw on Twitter that he finally received an offer from the Buckeyes. Does this vault us to the top of his list? I've seen Birm mention in the past that he had us in his top 5 and we hadn't even offered him yet. Admittedly I have no clue if he is a 3/4/5 star guy but at the very least his offer sheet is growing by the day. 

osu07asu10's picture

Consensus 4* DT from Maryland? Yeah I like our chances. Go get em Coach J!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
John Brandon's picture

Feel good about Buckeye chances now, I'll try to catch up with him today and see what he has to say

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Does this say anything on our chance of getting Tim Settle?

John Brandon's picture

Wouldn't view it that way - I know McLean is a kid Larry Johnson (and the rest of the staff) liked a lot and they have been talking with him for a little while. This isn't a backup plan for Settle by any means, McLean can really play - already committed to be an Under Armour All-American.

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Ahh Saturday's picture

It's clear the staff wants at least two DTs in this class, but can they possibly take three?  Right now we supposedly lead for Christian Wilkins and Raequan Williams, throw Adam McLean into the mix and that's three DTs right there.  My guess is that some of these offers are of the "non-commitable" variety, or the staff is not feeling great about their chances with Settle.

Jordan Wagner's picture

Ohio State hasn't even offered Raequan Williams. All the crystal ballers just followed Wiltfong's lead. 

Ahh Saturday's picture

I was surprised by all the OSU Crystal Ball picks .  Why is Wiltong picking him to OSU?  Is there a chance he lands an offer soon?

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He'll probably go to Maryland like Diggs and Prince. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
2014nationalchamps's picture

Probably....but I like our chances with a kid from that area with LJ recruiting him. He really has a good rep in that area as he has had an influence there for many yrs.

O-H-I-O  for life

Jordan Wagner's picture

He named Michigan State #1 and Ohio State #2 before this offer. Should be an interesting battle. 

Hovenaut's picture

Go get him, Coach J!

Gray Box's picture

McLean says Ohio State is one of the schools he likes most in this interview he did last week, before he even had an offer from Ohio State when he had 25 offers. Ohio State was his 27th offer.

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

LOVE our chances with LJ!!!!  IMO so far LJ has been a HUGE get on the recruiting front. I went and watched that video of him describing what he teaches in practice: WOW UPGRADE!!