Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Best OSU "Warming the Heart" Memories

+36 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
January 23, 2024 at 12:44pm
31 Comments

Done talking about NIL, the portal, the staff, yada yada yada. I want to see some highlights to further pump me up. What are your favorite memories of players/plays/storylines that may have brought a tear to your eye, even if insignificant to the final outcome of a season. Doesn't even have to be OSU. Nebraska lining up without a punter is another great moment. But for OSU, Kam Babb is nearly unrivaled in my opinion, so I'm going with my Option 2. 

I don't think we fully grasp how difficult it would be to lose your starting job on the heels of playing for a National Championship, let alone to a True Freshmen QB who wasn't necessarily the most mature at this point in his career. Additionally, Boeckman was drastically impacted by a struggling offensive line, and with no threat of Beanie Wells (damn turf toe) to make things happen, Tressel really had no choice but to put someone behind Center that could make things happen with his feet.

But Boeckman did it as good as you could. Mentored TP the entire time, and never once gave off an attitude that he was ungrateful. I was at this game, and remember the Shoe erupting when he threw this TD to none other than Brian Hartline. You can see it all over Todd's face as he runs to hug Hartline. After this game, he had an all-time quote, "If getting benched is one of the worst things that happens in my life, I'll feel pretty good about myself". 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments