Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Culture Case Study: Bishop Gorman -> TOSU

+6 HS
'57Champs's picture
October 9, 2018 at 1:58pm
10 Comments

I've always found it interesting, and never more so than the last couple months, how easy it seems to be to make sweeping generalizations about people, sports teams, and even fan bases.  "What a toxic culture at blah blah U, player X is a drama queen, that fan base is a cesspool.  As if the lines of morality are drawn in red marker around the entrances of your teams football stadium.

Anywho, take a look at this small case study from 2017.  I want to preface this by saying I have no idea what will happen from here, but I find this intriguing none-the-less.

If you look at the top 4 players form Bishop Gorman that year (also the top 4 players in NV that year), they have all had 1. Interest at some point in being a Buckeye, and 2. very different college career paths thus far.

Tyjon commited to the tOSU originally, before backing out of that commitment.  Who knows exactly how that happened, but I find it interesting he didn't make it in and has seemingly had the worst time of the 4 so far.

Tate was seemingly on a commitment spree before landing at tOSU.  He has been referred to in the way I describe above many times, and I've still seen a lot of comments on Haskins articles saying he'll probably transfer because he holds that drama persona.  I personally think he's in line to start at tOSU at some point in the not too distant future.  I also have seen him carry himself as well as I think you could expect.

Bubba had interest in tOSU, obviously didn't end up here for whatever reason.  And although his career is young, has obviously struggled to put things together personally to get on the field consistently.

Haskell is probably the quietest story of the group.  He has methodically worked his way on the field, is impressing in the opportunities he gets, and seems to be on a path to being a key contributor sooner vs. later.

Small sample size for sure, but it's interesting the paths that seem to be playing out.  I'll make no further observations, but wanted to pass this along.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments