Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Meyer Playing A Long Game Con

+4 HS
0therion0's picture
October 31, 2016 at 1:09pm
75 Comments

Look, I know this may seem like an insane and blindly-allegiant proposition, but do you all think it is possible that Meyer is playing Harbaugh and Michigan with the lack of the deep ball game? Maybe he thought they could escape PSU playing not to lose, and feels they can do the same with the remaining schedule up to The Game: then they unleash an onslaught of looks that the opposition couldn't plan for. It would give Harbaugh and Co no time, and then give Wiscy/Nebraska very little time to re-scheme for a team they already played that will now look very different. I'm not sure that Meyer would be comfortable with it; but at the same time, the Psych degree could be coming into play just a little. If he sees the landscape, even after their loss, and can determine that just scraping into The Game then pouncing would get them in, why not? I think writing was on the wall that JT wasn't getting the Heisman once Jackson sprang onto the scene, and he's still letting the dogs eat on D; not holding them back at all. The goal of the Coach is to win in January: what if we're all just watching a great con at work? Yeah... I know... No.

And now... back to your regular not-ridiculous-dream-scenario world.

Also, I don't post a lot (only my second one) so hopefully I didn't break any rules.

#GetSamuelTheBall.com

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments