Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is Curtis Samuel too small to play RB? It doesn't seem like it to me.

+3 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
July 19, 2016 at 1:10pm
88 Comments

Sad days when we lose a Buckeye to offseason issues. Best of luck to Dunn going forward in his life. 

Now that we need some more depth in the RB room, the obvious choice mentioned here on 11w often has been Curtis Samuel, who came in as a RB, is a junior, and has quality minutes running the ball in live games. Some have said they think he's too small to be a starting RB. 

When I watched DJ's video on 11w a few days ago with Mike Webber, Curtis Samuel, and JTB, I thought he looked comparable in size (even bigger) than Mike Webber.  REF: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/07/72156/video-jt-barrett-assassinates-pikachu-tells-younger-buckeyes-to-get-to-work

OSU Athletics website lists Samuel as 5'11' 200 lbs and Webber as 5'10' 215 (though in the video that looks like a generous 5'10"). 

Anyway, Samuel was really good at RB when he played there a couple years ago. He's added weight but likely won't get much heavier, whereas Webber is stout and probably will get into the 220s. 

Samuel is a good receiver and his best position may be at H, overall. However, I feel like we have a ton of H possibilities: Dontre, McCall, Campbell, and all our other smaller/quick receivers.

Webber may have been the man already pegged to start at OSU, but the fact remains he's never played a down of college football. Nor have the other backs in the RB room. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments