Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

My Experience At The Shoe Saturday Night

0 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture
October 18, 2015 at 10:01pm
162 Comments

1. For this being the first blackout in OSU history, I expected this to be a loud atmopshere, but it wasn't. After sitting in block O south for 3 years at OSU, I forgot what it was like to sit in C deck. I could hear a pindrop in the stadium at many points during the game. Extremely disappointed.

2. I had the privilege of sitting in front of one of those extreme OSU traditionalists and supposed "alum" who barked all game long about how "embarrassing" the black jerseys were and how embarrassed OSU should be for giving up tradition just for a "money stunt."

3. So used to standing up in Block O south, that's what I did. He tells me to sit down like 5 times before I finally do it. Now I'm sitting down and yelling on 3rd down (seriously the only one yelling in my section of C deck), and Penn State calls a timeout. He taps me on the shoulder and says sarcastically "Your yelling was so intimidating, it forced them to call a timeout. Seriously, why are you yelling?" Are you kidding me? Are you REALLY an alum? You should have stayed home. I might as well have been sitting there texting.

4.  The same guy was sitting beside three Penn State alums (all graduated last year), who he had conversation with the entire game. They talked about everything but football, and they even had a 30 minute conversation about if Trump will be Prez or not.

5. I figured I would turn around and ask the Penn State alums if they thought we were their rivals (already knowing the answer). "Oh, most definitely," "Of course," "We're definitely rivals" were all three answers. I go on to break their hearts and inform them that we are not rivals and ask them what award we win for beating them. Their response? 

"Okay, we're not rivals, but we still hate you because you're so good all the time."

So, there you have it, folks. Penn State hates us because we're so good all the time. They let the cat out of the bag.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 162 Comments