Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State vs. Michigan (in your lifetime)

0 HS
BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
August 21, 2015 at 10:57am
36 Comments

We've all heard over and over from our favorite michigan fan that the team up north has the best overall winning percentage in college football, and that they lead the head to head battle against the Buckeyes by a significant margin. One of my preferred arguments is to ask "What have they done in your lifetime?" This got me thinking, How old would an m fan have to be, to actually claim that  the wolverines have been better in their lifetime. I built a spreadsheet, and had the cumulative stats build backwards, starting in 2014.  *I included ALL seasons. If they played them on the field, they count in my book.

I'll use my lifetime as an example. I was born in June of 1981. In my lifetime, the Buckeyes have won 322 games to michigan's 292. Head to Head, the Buckeyes lead the series 18-15-1. 

Some other notable stats to save you some time:

• Unless you were born immediately before the 1898 season, the Buckeyes have more wins and a better winning percentage in your lifetime.
  • If you were born before 1911, the team up north leads the head to head series in your lifetime. If you were born before 1911, you probably aren't reading this.
  • If your lifetime started immediately prior to the 1912,1921,1923, or 1978 seasons, the head to head series is deadlocked in your lifetime.
  • If your lifetime started immediately prior to any season from 1913 to 2014, with the few exceptions listed above, the Buckeyes own the series in your lifetime.
  • Since 2000, Ohio State has won 39 games more than michigan.
  • Since 1980, Ohio State has won 29 games more than michigan.
  • Since 1960, Ohio State has won 27 games more than michigan.
  • Since 1940, Ohio State has won 31 games more than michigan.
  • Since 1920, Ohio State has won 21 games more than michigan.

How have the Buckeyes done in your lifetime?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments