Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rant - Penn State getting JoePa's wins reinstated

0 HS
NuttyBuckeye's picture
January 17, 2015 at 1:51pm
52 Comments

I find it extremely unfair that the NCAA is reinstating Penn State's wins that were taken away over the Jerry Sandusky scandal.  Paterno knew about this criminal behavior and choose to do NOTHING about it.  Yet his wins are given back.

Coach Jim Tressel, on the otherhand, will not get his 2010 season back.  Coach Tressel was put between a rock and a hard place with the Tat-Gate issue.  He was told by Federal government officials (either lawyers, agents, or both) that some personal effects of some of his players were found at a local tattoo parlor.  The parlor was under investigation for Federal charges, and Tressel could not speak about any of it, or of his players involved.

When approached by the NCAA, Tressel knew if he talked about the issue, he would more than likely face a Federal indictment.  He chose to get in trouble with the NCAA, rather, and a very good choice, I would say, than to speak and not get in trouble with the NCAA.

Hence, he lost all victories in the season.

I feel this investigation needs to be re-opened, the NCAA review WHY Tressel had to remain quiet, and reinstate his wins as well.  I mean, if they will reinstate wins to a child molester protecting coach, Tressel's actions were MINOR to the CRIMINAL and sexually disturbing offenses of Sandusky's.

Thoughts on this?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments